Resolution is incorrect on launch

If you play Windowed Fullscreen and your monitor's native resolution is not a widescreen ratio, the game will not launch in your native resolution but instead launch in widescreen. For example, my monitor's resolution is 1280x1024, but every time I launch Path of Exile it defaults to 1280x960

Going into options and switching to Windowed, then back to Windowed Fullscreen fixes this, but it has to be done every time, saving the settings doesn't prevent it from being wrong the next time you launch. This is a (relatively?) recent bug as I don't remember it from playing in Essence league.

EDIT:

5 months later this still persists in Abyss league.
Last edited by ythealien on Dec 8, 2017, 3:26:02 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 7:29:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
ythealien wrote:
If you play Windowed Fullscreen and your monitor's native resolution is not a widescreen ratio, the game will not launch in your native resolution but instead launch in widescreen. For example, my monitor's resolution is 1280x1024, but every time I launch Path of Exile it defaults to 1280x960

Going into options and switching to Windowed, then back to Windowed Fullscreen fixes this, but it has to be done every time, saving the settings doesn't prevent it from being wrong the next time you launch. This is a (relatively?) recent bug as I don't remember it from playing in Essence league.

EDIT:

5 months later this still persists in Abyss league.

This issue still persists in Bestiary league.
This issue persists in Incursion league. This has been bugged for perhaps a year.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info