Prostitution

"
k1rage wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just read on a Facebook feed that prostitution is legal in New Zealand. Might not be the case... but if it is, I wonder how much of our support goes to the oldest of professions.

Whoever however influence hooker is pimp.

:D

Today installed: South Park The Stick of Truth. Hopefully it will be fun like serial :)
stick of truth is surprisingly good

make sure to pick Jew as your class just for the extra jokes involved
I dont see any any key!
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

its not great, yeah there are some beautiful ones but the fact that they were never really into it makes it feel hollow

the pretend to be but you know different

Guess that means you're no 'Podrick Payne'. :P

As for prostitution...

Selling is legal, and fucking is legal. So why isn't selling fucking legal?
Spoiler
Sorry, I can't pass up any opportunity to quote George Carlin.

Because it is not about prostitution. When money is involved, it is linked with other nasty shit such as human trafficking, coercion, drugs, gangs and violence.

Oh, that wasn't an actual question. It's a quote from a comedian, I hoped the spoiler gave that away. hehe

"She was only a prostitute but she had the nicest face I ever came across".
Spoiler
ba dum tss

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 26, 2017, 12:17:08 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
Because it is not about prostitution. When money is involved, it is linked with other nasty shit such as human trafficking, coercion, drugs, gangs and violence.

This is the funniest post I've read in months, literally. Was it supposed to be some weird form of sarcasm or a subtle jab at people who actually try to make a similar case?

If you made sugar illegal then gangs would traffic it, coerce people into helping them traffic and distribute it, it would technically become a drug, and people would fight for control over the market for it using violence. I'm struggling to think of any examples that wouldn't have the same end result. It's the illegality that makes it attract criminals and go unregulated.

Thanks for the lul tho.....
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

This is the funniest post I've read in months, literally. Was it supposed to be some weird form of sarcasm or a subtle jab at people who actually try to make a similar case?

If you made sugar illegal then gangs would traffic it, coerce people into helping them traffic and distribute it, it would technically become a drug, and people would fight for control over the market for it using violence. I'm struggling to think of any examples that wouldn't have the same end result. It's the illegality that makes it attract criminals and go unregulated.

No. It is a jab at people who don't understand context and complex issues. How do you enforce your regulations and ensure protection on prostitution if you can't even enforce your own laws? If you can't keep crimes under controls, you can't keep crimes under control.

Legalization changes the nature of demand and supply, the policy may not lead to an intended reduction in unlawful production, but increases it. It is increased spending on regulations and protection on consumers and sellers that decrease criminal activities.

The legalization of sale of for example ivory corresponded with a sudden increase in illegal ivory production in Africa and Asia. The demand may increase by such a large magnitude that part of that void will be filled by an increase in illicit supply, illegal supplies that masquerade as legal.

"
deathflower wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

No. It is a jab at people who don't understand context and complex issues. How do you enforce your regulations and ensure protection on prostitution if you can't even enforce your own laws? If you can't keep crimes under controls, you can't keep crimes under control.

Legalization changes the nature of demand and supply, the policy may not lead to an intended reduction in unlawful production, but increases it. It is increased spending on regulations and protection on consumers and sellers that decrease criminal activities.

The legalization of sale of for example ivory corresponded with a sudden increase in illegal ivory production in Africa and Asia. The demand may increase by such a large magnitude that part of that void will be filled by an increase in illicit supply, illegal supplies that masquerade as legal.

This is completely absurd. Prostitution doesn't involve killing or mainming elephants for their body parts. Wtf sort of an example is that even supposed to be? Don't legalize prostitution because we can't control our laws? I don't even know how to respond to that. You (and the state) have no right to tell consenting adults what they can or can't do with their own bodies.

Your financial argument is equally as absurd. Taxation offsets regulation costs, but not if it's illegal and therefore untaxable.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

... It's the illegality that makes it attract criminals and go unregulated.

Just though: and how about illegality makes a person criminal..
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

This is completely absurd. Prostitution doesn't involve killing or mainming elephants for their body parts. Wtf sort of an example is that even supposed to be? Don't legalize prostitution because we can't control our laws? I don't even know how to respond to that. You (and the state) have no right to tell consenting adults what they can or can't do with their own bodies.

Your financial argument is equally as absurd. Taxation offsets regulation costs, but not if it's illegal and therefore untaxable.

Yes, I am not absurd enough.

Not as absurd as America's history of ban on slavery, alcohol or drugs.

You are assuming Criminals care about prostitutes or human trafficking? Criminals operates prostitution rings. They do it regardless. It is not about prostitutes. It is about criminals and their cartels, if you have to shut down the entire sex industry to bring them down so be it. Tell those women to go find another job. When you ban drug, you will tell all those drug peddlers to go find another job too. There is no "You no tell me what to do" when it become the law. This is not about telling, IT IS THE FUCKING LAW. It has its own cost, benefits and consequences.

When you fighting criminal cartels that is as or more powerful than the government, politics is corrupted as hell and Politicians, judges, police officers and journalists can get assassinated, People don't have the liberty to do it nicely. There is the hard line and heavy-handed approach against these criminals, than there is your trash talk about liberty and freedom of speech. It is nonsense when people aren't even safe and get murdered on the streets. Trash talking doesn't solve problems.

I do have the right to tell people what they can or can't do. It is freedom of speech you value so much. You don't have to like it. Oh right, You don't have the right to not be offended.

Last edited by deathflower on Aug 26, 2017, 6:39:53 AM
I'm with pneuma regarding legal and mostly unregulated prostitution.

The only law I feel is needed here is trademark protection. Why? In lieu of government regulations and licensing, the inevitable consequence would be private companies certifying prostitutes (as CompTIA, MicroSoft, etc currently certify IT workers). It would be important that prostitutes' fraudulent claims at certification would be punished criminally; the law may require more strength than it currently has in this regard. But as long as certification logos cannot be used without permission, wholly private certification would suffice and be more responsive to customer concerns than legislation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
How to handle prostitution depends upon one's goals and how one prioritizes them.

Possible Goals:
Provide income source to those who want to sell their bodies and time
Provide men a way to buy sex
Keep criminals out of the business
Reduce disease and keep sex safe
Reduce abortions
Stop human trafficking
Reduce drug addiction and related crimes
Contain it
Tax its transactions
Track those who partake
Etc.

Until you know what success looks like, you cannot plan the best approach.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info