Prostitution

"
Xavderion wrote:
my prostitute left me

+1 :D
"
鬼殺し wrote:

That's true...especially in countries where it's not legal and thus unregulated. ;)

Prostitution commodifies human being and is inherently exploitative. It should be legal but not promoted. Legalizing Prostitution foster people that have an economic stake in the sex industry to promote it. You don't want a blooming sex industry with flood of foreign sex workers driving down their wages and working standards like in some places.

People will exploits these sex workers whether legal or not, it is enforcement of regulations and laws that protect sex workers. There are place that illegal but tolerated and regulated, the grey area.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

its not great, yeah there are some beautiful ones but the fact that they were never really into it makes it feel hollow

the pretend to be but you know different

Guess that means you're no 'Podrick Payne'. :P

As for prostitution...

Selling is legal, and fucking is legal. So why isn't selling fucking legal?
Spoiler
Sorry, I can't pass up any opportunity to quote George Carlin.

no im no Pod lol

I dont have a magic cock
I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just read on a Facebook feed that prostitution is legal in New Zealand. Might not be the case... but if it is, I wonder how much of our support goes to the oldest of professions.

Whoever however influence hooker is pimp.
"
Xavderion wrote:
my prostitute left me

lol!

------------------

yeah, humping a prostitute is empty. humping your wife when she's leaving you is equally empty.

ya both gotta have the emotions of love.

no, i don't think prostitution should be criminal, i know someone that's in a rough spot and she pulls in a fair amount of cash that way, when she needs to. i hope she quits, though.
Last edited by WulfgangAdair on Aug 25, 2017, 12:58:32 PM
Decriminalization of all victimless crimes would sure be nice. I don't draw much of a distinction between "that guy was screwing prostitutes" and "that guy was shooting heroin" and "that guy was minding his own fucking business".

Regulation is a wholly separate argument in my mind. In the case of prostitutes, you presumably care that they don't have STDs, but a prostitute could obtain that certification him- or herself.

Do also remember that while criminalization creates black markets, so does regulation. Would you rather spend $500 on the gov't certified hooker wearing red-tape pasties or $200 on the undocumented freelancer? And is it now a crime to interact with the freelancer?

What a step up, instead of going to jail for soliciting prostitutes, now you're just going to jail for soliciting prostitutes.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just read on a Facebook feed that prostitution is legal in New Zealand. Might not be the case... but if it is, I wonder how much of our support goes to the oldest of professions.

Whoever however influence hooker is pimp.

I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Heh... I happen to be good friends with the team at Blizzard North... the guys who did Warcraft and Diablo 1 and 2?

I can tell you... they didn't get a lot of women beating down their doors.

I remember gaming in the 80's and 90's. It was a solo affair with no gamefaq or wiki, and no community with which to share information and fun moments. All we had were gaming magazines whose primary existence was based upon making money.

The world before youtube and reddit is a different one from the one of today. For the first time in human civilization we have a many to many paradigm rather than the traditional hierarchical one of 'the elites' dictating to the many. It will be interesting to see the changes to come when this generation garners power.

Im sure if the senior staff put themselves out there in the gaming community, it would not be a painful process.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
pneuma wrote:
Decriminalization of all victimless crimes would sure be nice. I don't draw much of a distinction between "that guy was screwing prostitutes" and "that guy was shooting heroin" and "that guy was minding his own fucking business".

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
pneuma wrote:

Regulation is a wholly separate argument in my mind. In the case of prostitutes, you presumably care that they don't have STDs, but a prostitute could obtain that certification him- or herself.

Do also remember that while criminalization creates black markets, so does regulation. Would you rather spend $500 on the gov't certified hooker wearing red-tape pasties or $200 on the undocumented freelancer? And is it now a crime to interact with the freelancer?

What a step up, instead of going to jail for soliciting prostitutes, now you're just going to jail for soliciting prostitutes.

People don't usually goes to jail for that, they pay a fine. Why does undocumented freelancer need to follow any regulations? Health checkup and safety measures could be required under regulations. It is something they could do but don't have to follow. Nobody say you can't erm... interact with undocumented freelancers, use at your own risk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info