[3.0]喧嚣's Tribrid Death Waltz- Instagib Bosses, Insane Survival and DPS [T17]

What does Totems, Minions and Life Builds have in common? Well up until now, nothing!
Hello everyone, I am a long-time Path of Exile fan from the Chinese server, and the aspect of Path of Exile that I like the most is the very technical niches in the passive tree that players can take advantage of and explore.

I am a new father and often when playing PoE my son cries and I need to leave the computer to attend to him, so Marauder Dark Pact was not an option for me, I needed a build where I can walk away, come back and still be alive, and thus: Tribrid Death Waltz was born.

It is a melding between the play styles of Totem builds, the Necromancer Ascendancy (without using minions) and Dark Pact which is very much a life-based skill that provides crazy high offensive capabilities and strong defenses.

Very suitable for the levelling process, Lv. 52 speedrun Pantheon boss quests

pob:https://pastebin.com/574Phr2Z

T16 Chimera Map Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHDhWvQ7kiY
T17 Shaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgo290hGW78

I am currently Lv. 72, have not had more time to play due to work and playing on the Chinese server but here is the passive tree and ascendancies so far:

Bandit:
Kill all

Updated Lv. 95 Passive Tree

• Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe
This is essential for this build due to the totem buffs on this unique.

• Kikazaru Topaz Ring
You will need two of these.

• Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield
This is a must to synergize with the necromancer's defensive mechanics to reach 100% spell and hit block.

• The Scourge Terror Claw
This is one of the weapon options that maximizes the offensive capabilities of the build and takes advantage of the various minion nodes without having minions.

• Eclipse Solaris Crystal Wand
This weapon is most focused on defence. I feel this one is better as it provides more survivability. When I 6L my chestplate I will definitely use this and go critical build.

For the other slots, feel free to use any rares, this BD does not have much pressure to find resistance on gear, as I took lots of resistance passives on the tree and necromancer has a built in 20% resistance. So mainly try get ES or Life rolls on other gear and a tiny bit of resistance as needed, there is no specific flasks for this build, just get some that gets rid of status ailments such as freeze and bleed.

My Gear:
Helm: Bone Helmet best base, aim for resists and +75 life
Necklace: Dex base best, Life +75, casting speed, spell damage resist
Shoes: +75 life, +25 movespeed, resists
Belt: +120 life (including base), resists
No special flask requirements, remove freeze/bleed

• Self-Flagellation Viridian Jewel

Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe (5L):
  • Dark Pact-Controlled Destruction Support-Concentrated Effect Support-Void Manipulation Support-Faster Casting Support

The Scourge Terror Claw (3L):
  • If you choose to use the claw: Whirling Blades-Faster Attacks Support-Fortify Support

Eclipse Solaris Crystal Wand (3L):
  • If you choose to use the wad: Lightning Warp-Faster Casting Support-Less Duration Support

Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield (Does not need links):
  • Haste and a manual Desecrate will do.
  • If you are using The Scourge Terror Claw put Riposte in the third socket to activate the 70% increased damage.
  • If you are using Eclipse Solaris Crystal Wand you can put Portal on it.

Helmet, Gloves and Shoes (3 x 4L):
  • Cast when Damage Taken Support (Lv.1)-Immortal Call (Lv.1)-Desecrate (Lv.1)-Increased Duration Support
  • Wither-Cast When Channeling Support-Bone Offering-Arcane Surge
Small explanation here Arcane Surge does not need to be linked to an active skill, as long as it activates, you will get the benefit for all your skills.
  • Cast When Stunned Support-Bone Offering-Increased Duration Support-Summon Stone Golem
Small explanation here, If Summon Stone Golem is not linked with Cast When Stunned Support, it can increase the frequency of Bone Offering auto casting, but I am using Wither to activate one (active) but if they are linked, Summon Stone Golem does not need to be manually cast, so there is a passive and active way of having Bone Offering up at all times during map clearing.

Pros
  • Above Average to Fast Clear Speed
  • Fast Boss Killing
  • Great for Labs
  • Amazing Survivability (Can stand in full pack of mobs all day and not die)

Cons
  • Weakness is Damage over Time
  • Lacks Mana

A lot of people asked me why I used Necromancer Ascendancy for this, Necromancer was my first ever character, and with the ES nerfs in 3.0 a lot of people changed into summoner builds, so Witch is really no longer something special, so for the renaissance of my beloved Witch class, I designed this build. Coincidentally, the Necromancer Ascendancy class was perfect for this.

I do not speak any English so cannot respond to you guys, sorry :(
Last edited by xiayotiao1 on Sep 21, 2017, 3:58:00 AM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2018, 4:45:18 AM
add gif
Internet lag sorry for double post
Last edited by xiayotiao1 on Aug 25, 2017, 1:02:31 AM
add.gif
Last edited by xiayotiao1 on Aug 25, 2017, 12:58:48 AM
add gif
Last edited by xiayotiao1 on Aug 25, 2017, 12:59:02 AM
Hello.
Please show video of the gameplay possible, and tell what is the highest tier map you cleared with it so far.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Looks interesting, would love to see a map clear from this build
*Speaks perfect English*
"Sorry, I don't speak any English"

Looks like fun, I've been meaning to try Dark Pact :D
Hi, I'm a new player and I've been trying this build out. I'm at 50 now and I'm really liking it but I have a question. Why do you use cast when stunned instead of a second cwdt? Wouldn't it be better to use something like a level 2 cwdt to have bone offering cast right after desecrate goes off from the other cwdt? Also, where were do you plan on going with the rest of the passive tree? Sorry if this is obvious, I only just started playing the game a few weeks ago.
Last edited by ezpeezee on Aug 30, 2017, 12:54:10 PM
"
Casmiel wrote:
Looks interesting, would love to see a map clear from this build

I added
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
Hello.
Please show video of the gameplay possible, and tell what is the highest tier map you cleared with it so far.

Added, cleared T16 on Chinese server now, will add T17 when clear and with better gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info