[3.0] Dual Wield Sunder - budget friendly/SSF Shaper/end game viable(w/mini ssf guide) Now Video!

Intro

Hey I thought I'd share the Sunder build a lot of people are doing right now. It's a pretty simple build with an easy play style but definitely end game viable if you work hard on it. I'm self found and was able to kill hydra deathless and blow through t15 mobs easily.

S/S
Spoiler

Shaper down
Spoiler

Videos
Spoiler
Video of Chimera kill and shaped quay(t15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITifwpjKm5s

Video of farming high tier maps and face tanking guardians
pt1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqbr81RsSQg&t
pt2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LeqAGGbVTQ
sry bout quality maybe i should of full screen.

Shaper kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nkqi3-ZKaw

Red Beachhead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4guU0wYRe4&
"Boss fight" start at 7min or so

Pros if this build is the fast clear speed. Since you are basically ranged you never have to run up to mobs and dual wield gives a lot of attack speed for blade spinner dash. Also it's quite easy to play, you only have to aim in the general direction and hold down sunder.

Cons are it doesn't burn through bosses like 20 stack conc effect blade vortex but it's still very good damage. I have *according to path of building* ~380k in combat no flask

Gear
First I'm just gona show my guy so you can have a general idea of what to look for gear wise

Spoiler

For the off hand you want either prismatic eclipse or temptuous steel but I could only find the princess which is fine too.

Ideal flasks are lions roar, atziri's promise, taste of hate, and life flask with instant heal bleed cure. The last flask can be witchfire for lots of damage or basalt/quicksilver with shock removal for more defensive option.

Talent tree

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPsACSEAAHrG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82fjrZFJOMhfhJvgTTMGj4mEwd1n-FHHZfIIH8kHz3WhlwQR5aKluwBpvO3gNtfJttKgHZ4A1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kX-Cti9cmxsRjIJd-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUteu9AoCFgwYuBQTXvOu0ZtC2DFSD2o-960359df66u-PEopcGGYrDOio4IuoyAbIZz3qbtYTFA4eVZgxzsbMbraOKI_ZNko19RA3I8C5T02_4X1_QIZDqEL8IJDcW6ZhXAAAAAAA=

Basically fill out the marauder section then move to duelist then ranger. For ascendancy take crave>aspect>pain reaver then cloaked in savagery then vaal pact keystone. If you dont have a set weapon skip the axe nodes. Also theres resist nodes everywhere should you need them for leveling. Kill all the bandits.
I forgot to add that you need to take the leech nodes at bottom of duelist before you have pain reaver.

Gem and links

Sunder-Melee Phys-Multi Strike-Conc Effect-Ruthlessness-Maim(added fire is good for leveling)

Blade Swirl-Blood Magic-Faster Attacks-Fortify

Hatred
Arctic armor

Rest are up to you. I recommend immortal call setup and vaal haste flame/lightning golem. Blood rage is also an option if you dont mind the dot. Warchief linked to culling for boss fights.

Faq Section

Pure phys vs ele/chaos damage
Spoiler
"
BeerLeague wrote:
Looks good! I just wrote one as well, one thing to note: brutality is your best gem here, you will get more actual dps from dropping maim, linking that to warcheif, and using a curse seup In place of hatred. That allows you to take arctic armor for free as well.

Pure phys is just as good. Personally I like more damaging flask choices like atziri or taste of hate and witchfire for vuln. If you would like pure phys BeerLeagues guide is: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1976796

Scaling DPS
Spoiler
"
Also, other than steel rings and kaoms, what do you think could really push this build further? higher phys dps weapon?

Basically yes better weapon, added damage on jewelry, and good jewels. Flasks add a whole lot of damage as well. We have druidic rite so flask up time is near 100%.

Phys Reflect
Spoiler
"
Also, how do you deal with phys reflect? I use enduring cry on cd for mobs, and make sure not to attack between the 1 second window till the next proc of immortal, but doing the boss seems impossible

Plus I fuck it up still some times

I have phys to lightning swapped in for conc effect and hrimsorrow unique gloves. You'll do 100% ele damage but it's noticably less damage. I only had to use it on corrupt maps I'm trying to complete otherwise I'd rather reroll the map.

Weapon Choices
Spoiler
Doryani's
"
A7X89 wrote:
Build looks good. Maybe i try this, too.

But have you considered, take doryani's catalyst + tempestuous steel.
The 80-100% elemental damage increase from catalyst would synergise well with the 15+15% added ele from tempestuous and hatred.

The pdps from the doryani is almost like your rare axe.

1. Would you think, this is a stronger combination than yours?

2. Moreover, do you think, you could kill shaper/uber atziri witz a soultaker?

Maybe someone can do path of building and calculate the damage ompare to the gear in the start post?

Sadly you are playing ssf, otherwise you could try this combination.

"
yao86w wrote:
I actually got doryani's from atziri. It's 50 dps less than my axe but by having faster base attack speed, siege axe beats it by utilizing added damage from jewelry much better. For example lets say you have 35-65(50avg) added phys damage in jewelry, for me it's 9aps with dori and 10.7 with siege which means its about another 75dps more with siege axe. Another thing is the ele damage doesn't scale as well because we have no penetration so it's resisted by almost all boss and rares with "resist elemental damage" mod. Phys damage on the other hand gets mitigated less by armor the more damage you do. I would of recommend vulnerability if it didn't have such a high int requirement.

Soul Taker
"
dqvdqv wrote:
Thanks for guide, nice build. One thing I noticed: if you take Sleight of Hand instead of Ambidextrous, you get a couple more thousand DPS as well as set yourself up for Blood Siphon.

www.poeurl.com/bvQf (you can confirm in PoB)
"
If i take a good roll soul taker, i have 263k (effective dps). But, i can add now herald of ash because of no mana issues due to soul taker. Now i have 292k dps (effective dps)

Overall I can have the same dps as your dps with a soul taker.

To match his current axe, you'd need a 330+ pdps soul taker, which is equivalent to a 365+ pdps rare axe in price. Cost-wise, it's not as efficient.

Also thanks for the tip about going up to the shadow section it is more dps.

Dual wield VS 2Hand
Spoiler
"
Karibean12 wrote:
Does sunder loses a ton of damage while dualwielding?

nope you get 20% MORE phys damage and 10% MORE attack speed for dual wielding. Plus your off hand gives additional stats/damage. Compared to an atziri's disfavor my setup does about the same as disfavor but cost less. Not to mention while there's only 30% chance to block for DW it's better than nothing. Most important reason is you attack very fast. Which means there is NO GAP between you taking a big hit and instant leeching back to full health. Also you can use movement skill to jump around the map faster which make your clear speed faster.

Pantheon
Spoiler

Someone messaged me about which pantheon to took my answer is

Hey I took soul of lunaris for major and soul of tukohama for minor. They give you some damage reduceition while standing still and some defense from projectiles which will most likely hit you since you are standing still to use sunder. :)

My profile is not private if you want to see my actual char it's the lvl94 zerker named ambition.

I think this covers everything about the build. It's possible to play this build with other classes like gladiator or juggernaut too but I just like the damage of zerker.
I welcome feedback since this is my first guide for poe. thanks.

If you would like to continue reading about solo self found its in the spoiler
Spoiler

Here I'm going to talk about some of the difficulties of ssf.

Leveling weapons
Dont use alch chaos just do the sash weightstone recipe and id all rare axe/mace. In the end I think axe is better because siege axe has insane base attack speed. as for offhand try to find something that adds ele damage with attack skills. scepters are ok if you dont mind not having blade dash.

6L
last season I got my 6 link from the dapper prodigy which is a divination card that drops from residence map. This season I blew 600 fusing into an astral and got it but I was very close to getting 6/6 dapper as well. As far as I can tell divination cards is the best/most reliable way. There are a few different div cards that give 6L check the wiki for all of them. Until you get a real 6L you can farm channel map or blood aqueduct for tabula. However if you are dying a lot then using a rare 5L is better especially if you are getting into red maps.

End game weapon
I've had pretty good luck with chaos spam on high ilvl weapons but don't do it unless you have enough chaos to roll maps. You can also alt/regal. Using alch on good white base is ok too if you are desperate, it's like chaos spam but cheaper. The thing is you only need 120+ed and either attackspeed or added phys damage. Vegan can craft AS or added damage so it's just 3 decent mods and you are good.

Kaom's boots
Farm the throne div card in sewer it's very good boots for this build if you dont need resist.

Sustaining high level maps
All I can say is farm low-lower tier maps to get as much of the atlas complete as possible. Only alch yellow maps for completion bonus just roll with alt for pack size after. You dont want to spend chaos trying to roll a crap yellow map you alched. Try to save up 10+ red maps before starting them(you lvl 88+) When running red maps use your saved up chisel/sextant/currency to roll them. Map density #1 at least 2 pack size mods. Complete new red maps for atlas bonus first and pick up all mid tier maps for 3-1 upgrade trade in.

Last edited by yao86w on Sep 29, 2017, 1:58:33 AM
Last bumped on Jan 26, 2018, 7:40:19 AM
Nice guide, and I like that you did a SSF section.
Will think about doing a DW Zerker...Thx!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Thanks glad you liked it. Killed minotar few mins ago deathless as well. shaper attempt soon :)
Spoiler

Congratz and good luck!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Looks good. I played this as well, but I didn't use any guides. Mine is a little different, more life and less dps because I'm pretty bad at mechanics.

I'm trying to figure out ways to push it further

with flasks up and after taking a savage hit and max frenzy charges It does around 700k dps

just running around it's around 500k which is not bad imo

I just wish I knew how to push it a lot further
Last edited by Logicalbombs on Aug 26, 2017, 7:28:03 AM
Your char looks good. I think would take jewel slots instead of the 4% life nodes. 8% life in passive points vs up to 7% life and 1-3 damage or resist mods of a jewel is worth it IMO. Also I really like kaom boots for this build. With immunity to temp chain/chill effects and immunity to stun you will always be attacking full speed and instant leeching. Not to mention since you have more %life than me the life on it scales better. You can get one with +1 frenzy corruption for few chaos if you wanted to give them a try. The movement speed loss is unfortunate but we're not using shield charge to move around.
Looks good! I just wrote one as well, one thing to note: brutality is your best gem here, you will get more actual dps from dropping maim, linking that to warcheif, and using a curse seup In place of hatred. That allows you to take arctic armor for free as well.
Yea I was thinking about that. I recently found prismatic eclipse which would make my dmg all phys without hatred but I also found witchfire which im using. I'll have to check the dps for brutality with pure phys damage but I like the damage and leech from chaos dmg of atziri promise so I;m not really sure atm. Shaper is down btw took all but 1 portal but good enough i guess lol. If you can dodge better than me you could probably do it better.

Spoiler

thanks for all the feedback btw i enjoy talking to you guys :)
Last edited by yao86w on Aug 26, 2017, 7:34:34 PM
I decided to switch some things around. I'll need more resist gear before koams roots but I'm going to try and do that.

I removed blood magic, got rid of the old helm and got some + resist nodes, gives me 100k + extra damage at the expense of about 300 or so health which seems like a great trade off to me.

Which do you think would be the best helm enchant? I was using the life reserve from herald of ash mostly because herald still does a decent amount of cleave damage but also I just like how it feels with the mtx. Without the enchant for 30% less reserve, blood magic was way too much of a burden on my hp.

Also, other than steel rings and kaoms, what do you think could really push this build further? higher phys dps weapon?
Last edited by Logicalbombs on Aug 26, 2017, 9:42:08 PM
Also, how do you deal with phys reflect? I use enduring cry on cd for mobs, and make sure not to attack between the 1 second window till the next proc of immortal, but doing the boss seems impossible

Plus I fuck it up still some times

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info