[3.0] Troll Phase Blast Rain/Barrage/Shrapnel trapper raider [ULab]

Troll Phase

Introduction.

I made a little experimental build based on tinker skin. It is to large extent similiar to trapnel shot saboteur but it was trying to play to raider strenghts while keeping it as flexible as possible.

Pros and cons of the build.
Spoiler

Pros

-Pretty much permament phasing with max frenzy and power charges.
-Can quickly heal to full hp even without flasks.
-Immune to elemental ailments while phasing.
-Ignores reflect.
-Relativly cheap no uber expensive uniques in basic version as its fully playable without signal fire.
-60% chance to dodge attacks while at max frenzy charges. 40% spell dodge while phasing. Can be bosted to 70% dodge chance 50% spell dodge with flask or to 75% spell,attack dodge with vaal grace.

Cons

-Evasion=squishy.
-Get good at dodging.
-Slow without frenzy charges.

The gear
Spoiler

It is very similiar to trapnel shot. Our main weapon will be Chin Sol. Chest piece is a Tinker skin. For head piece we will use alphas howl to run our auras. For quiver there are three options. Signal fire, Asphyxia or good roll spike point quiver. While signal fire gives us more DPS in most cases against high fire reastant mobs Asphyxia is a better choice. Spike point on other hand gives much needed hp at a price of slightly less damage. Sorry for bit of a mess in terms of sockets i am in progress of geting proper sockets colors.

For leveling you can use deerstalker shoes as a fake 5L. I was using rain of arrows traps untill i could use proper blast rain.

Skills
Spoiler

Head: Wrath/herald of thunder,Hatred,Englighten,Vaal Grace
Gloves: Immortal call,Increased duration,Cast when damage taken,Summon ice golem.
Boots: Blink arrow, Blasphemy, Elemental weakenes, Vaal lightning trap.
Chest piece: Blast rain,Trap, Multiple traps,Trap cluster,Trap cooldown,Elemental damage with attacks.
Bow: Shrapnel shot,Trap, Culster traps, Elemental damage with attacks trap damage. Last one would be add lighting damage.

Chest piece is what i call medkit. Reason i chose this setup is to maximize tinker skin and master sapper,blast cascade nodes. You can experiment with other setups but its what i feel most comfortable with throwing speed/cooldown wise.

Auras and curse can be easily swaped as needed. You can run arctic armor+enfeeble with wrath or purity auras if you need a little bit extra defence.

Last edited by Asheren on Aug 26, 2017, 2:42:56 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 8:58:16 AM
Bandit rewards
Spoiler
Bandit rewards: Alira mainly because elemental resistances are not very easy to get at this part of the tree. It comes with bit of crit multiplier.
Second option is to kill all and grab Cloth and chain passive from tree untill you get proper resistances on gear.

Leveling skill trees coming soon.

Tree has been updated with improved pathing to conserve some points.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAIBAAUtBbUF-QceCNQOSBGWFHUXJhjbGYoajxvgIWAj9ioLLIUwcTB8MhgzeDfUOkI8vj7PQKBB0EcGSVFKfUt4TZJRR1MxVUtW-loaXfJeRV9wYeJh62KsZKpnoGo2bAhsjG06cFFwUnTxdm9313pTeoR673sNfrB_K3_Ggh6DbYd2idOKBow2jX2Nv4_6kA2S85UulwabJpuGnaqio6TCp9Sv67MDtMW3dbvjvebB88LsxKLPetCt0NDUI9hU2NXbC9vn3ajjn-c65-ropOjW7BjtP-4V8NXw-fGK9tr5M_rr-wn-uv7I?accountName=Asheren&characterName=Blablaphase
Last edited by Asheren on Aug 26, 2017, 1:30:22 PM
You don't have to use multiple trap and cluster too. You should use some damage gem instead of multiple traps.

I like you concept otherwise.

Trap&Mine damage, Added fire dmg, Elemental attack dmg

Those all boost you dmg. You don't need more trap to regen faster your life/es.
"
KisBali wrote:
You don't have to use multiple trap and cluster too. You should use some damage gem instead of multiple traps.

I like you concept otherwise.

Trap&Mine damage, Added fire dmg, Elemental attack dmg

Those all boost you dmg. You don't need more trap to regen faster your life/es.

I am planing to get dedicated single target dmg with barrage traps. Uber cluster is just to generate charges and clear trash.

Intialy i did try more dmg but it was leaving too many mobs alive reducing clear speed. It was forcing me to throw 3 clusters in big pack instead of two. With current throwing speed it feelt too long.
Last edited by Asheren on Aug 24, 2017, 5:56:37 AM
T10 beached cleared. Propably should not try to clear it with fake 5L and 4L but managed to kill boss dying once. Other one was due to game crashing.
Hello

If u want me to add your build to my build list it need to contain a bit more information. For useful information how to create good build guide check out eviL_Bison's thread/guide.

Have a nice day :)
"
Amongalen wrote:
Hello

If u want me to add your build to my build list it need to contain a bit more information. For useful information how to create good build guide check out eviL_Bison's thread/guide.

Have a nice day :)

I am in progress of making some substantial adjustments to it atm. Will rewrite everything pretty much from scrath when i am done.
"
Asheren wrote:
I am in progress of making some substantial adjustments to it atm. Will rewrite everything pretty much from scrath when i am done.

Cool. Let me know via PM or by posting in my thread when you're done so I don't miss it.
Uber Izaro down on second attempt. I was using efeeble and spike point with extra life. Wanted to do a safe run without charges and extra adds but Izaro decided it would be fun to run in to my shrapnel traps soo ended with some charges and one add. Still using a poor man version with hearald of thunder instead of wrath.

Last edited by Asheren on Aug 26, 2017, 9:13:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info