D-Day for my dog.

Thinking positive thoughts for your good boy. I know how hard the prospect of losing a doggo can be. They really are amazing!
U MAD?
Added some pics to the OP since some people requested it.

Dog on the left of the first pic is Volta together with his brother on the right Aszou.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
cute doggo he looks like a good boy
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
a fine looking animal

I wish him the best
I dont see any any key!
9/09/2017

Volta had his fourth radiation therapy yesterday, we came home and he behaved like you would expect.

Tired, a bit dismayed and a need to recover. When the evening came however i noticed him shacking with every exhale he took, he was running a fever. We visited the local vet and he got a shot to force down the fever.

In the morning however it had risen from 39.5 degree's to 41, so my parent are currently driving him as fast as possible to france, i assume he will need to be wired up and receive fluids.

I also noticed the gum near his teeth are showing signs of what i think is liver failure(a yellowish hue, thick slimes etc), i couldn't tell my mom, i am sure the doctors in france will quickly catch on and do what's needed.

It's humid and gray outside, a soft down-poor on the cement, it is ever so fitting and makes me feel not alone.

The hope in me is telling me, just a normal infection he will be okay if they give him fluids, but my intuition is versed in the ways of spun lies.

A dog that has troubles eating and drinking, distancing himself from his brother when they go sleep at night and resting his head against me in fatigue is on his way out.

I wonder if he will be back tonight, i will be grateful if so, but i don't wish him to suffer if not needed.
Very much a mixed bag at the moment.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : he's been put in quarantine and on fluids for the time being. Seems he will recover from this infection if they keep him under observation there.
QoL balance is shifting though, don't like it.
Last edited by Boem on Sep 9, 2017, 5:31:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear of this bad turn. We were hoping he would OK at least in the short term. Good luck!
Censored.
So a quick update if some people are interested since i'm not playing a lot of PoE atm and frequenting the forums a bit less.

We are a few weeks in now, Volta has had six radiation therapy's and two chemo therapy's so far.

The tumor has not only stabilized by now, but has also shrunk a bit so we are overjoyed. The medical personal on the case is also ecstatic about this, since his "kind" of tumor is one that only appears roughly three times per year so not a lot of data is available on it, neither are treatment scenario's.

He has had to deal with a nose skin infection due to the radiation therapy essentially burning away most of the upper layers of his flesh there. But has recovered from it quite rapidly.(daily visits to the veterinarian until we could apply the basic care ourselves)

All in all, some very good news.

Apparently, it's normal to take a massive dip in health after some days when undergoing a chemo cure, which was what happened in my previous post, a massive fever spike due to white blood cells plummeting because of the chemo.
My parents neglected to tell me that this would happen and quite frankly they had forgotten about it themselves.(projections are between four and five days after the cure for this to happen, Volta spiked at day seven which is out of the norm)

Cheers all, hope your all having some good times/fun with whatever your doing.

\o/

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Boem on Sep 30, 2017, 12:21:16 PM
That's wonderful news, Boem. Please give your pal a hug from me. <3

Best wishes
Good news!
Censored.
Very good!
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info