Scion lvl 50, dying too fast in Act VI

Hey guys

Just to put it out here, I'm new to the game (kinda). I played since beta, but I only got into it seriously this week. I just reached Act 6 with no huge difficulties except when I was fighting Oriath and the Templar guy in Act 5. I died there 5-6 times and on Oriath I died like 8 times. Kept on getting oneshot by the blood circles he spawns under you.

Anyways, not too go to far into the story, I've been having a lot of fun with my build. I use Cyclone as my main ability, on which I have Life per Hit gem so I can gain life when I use it and it works wonders and keeps me alive, but around Act5, I have a feeling not only do I die fast if I don't lifesteal, I also get oneshot instantly if I get CC'd and can't survive. I die very quickly. Right now in Act 6 on Mud Flats, I keep on getting oneshot by a normal mob with one yellow enemy.

I'm also using Blade Vortex as my 2nd main skill, Ancestor totem, Double Strike and Fire/Ice Golem.

Right now my passive tree looks like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBBAcEswVCCGcI9A-rES0Wvxg8HNwkiyaVKPoqOCycLagy0TpYPAU9X0GWRUdFnUyzUlNTUlVLVcZfKl-wYeJqQ20Zb551_XtufIOCx4MJg9uEU4RvjDaTOpchl5WX9Jrgm7Wf36IArrOxkLVIt9a4k7zqvSfAVMBmwXzDOspK0PXUQttZ6-Tr7u987_3wH_no

I have about 1500HP and about 13 Respec points. Should I respec some stuff from my passive tree and get some more life? That skill tree is btw from a guide for a Vortex blade build for Scion. If I do, can you guys recommend me what to take to have more life.
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2018, 11:16:25 AM
Me also die so fast in act 6 with duelist :(. me 1st time playing. scorching rays killed me so fast
I've been doing some research since then and I found out that after ACT V, all your resistances fall by 30%. So you have -30% resistances. Apparently Purity Of Elements gem which you can buy from Lilly in Act 6 Lioneye sells, can be very useful to survive.

I'll use it and let you know how it goes.
I had the same problem...
Upgrade your gear and max your resists as much as possible.

ezpz. I stopped using some uniques as well and I've survived all the way to act 10.

Immortal call + CWDT is a good savior as well.
The issue is usually resists and to a lesser extent at your level, life total. 1500 isn't too bad for act 5 though - I'm quite often at a lot less, but I push for all my travel/dps nodes early.

You don't need to be totally capped for levelling, but getting as close as you can will help. You can always 'target' your resists by swapping gear based on the zone/boss. And a bismuth flask helps too.
HI, your passive Skills tree sucks man. You spread it to all directions wasting nods for pure +stats like dex, strenght and inteligence. Try take nods close to You. I have just finished 10act with Scion Ranger Archer and I died a lot too vs bosses. then started to focus on having as much life as I can from passive skills, items and gems skills.
I ended with Immortal Call + + Enfeeble + Cast On Damage Taken gems (CODT gem must have higher requirement level than Immortal call and curse enfeeble. u can make it all level 1 gems and not andvance then higher.
Then for example u can use AURA Grace thats give u more Evasion very important. In my opinion this is the best defensive aura for ranger.
Try to keep your resistance close to cap (75%)
Golem i used was Stone Golem give You life regeneration or Choas golem.
and look for items with - evasion, life, resistances, + gain life when hit enemy ect.
But i still died a lot last boss Kitava 10 act.
But generally it was quite good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info