The Best Joe Rogan Talk of All Time

Link to podcast

The Joe Rogan Experience podcast is ranked 13th in the world by number of downloads (podcast chart). It has over a billion(!) downloads per year. He has over 1,600,000 Youtube subscribers. Joe had his 1001st episode one day ago. He does the same thing in all of his podcasts: he talks to various people about all sorts of stuff.

By the end of episode 958, which was his second talk with Professor Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan said that was his best episode of all time. Out of a thousand talks.

They talked about philosophy, religion, psychology, politics, social issues, mythology, men and women, Trump, the future, the present, the meaning of life, internet memes, kekistan, SJWs, the life, the universe and everything else.

I haven't been active in PoE for months now, and won't be in the foreseeable future, but that's something I felt I should share with the forum. It's three hours long, and in my opinion it's worth every second.

Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2017, 2:48:10 PM
Hey Bars!

Yep, it was a great show but for me it's hard to top any of the other episodes with Joey Diaz in em. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I liked the episode where he got high with Alex Jones.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Joe Rogan Experience is quickly becoming one of my favorite podcasts.

I watched the Alex Jones show as a purely comedy thing, but his interviews with Bret Weinstein and Ben Shapiro were genuinely excellent. I've got high hopes for this one, too.
True Story bro
[o_x]
Hi Bars!
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Joe Rogan is little more than a Platonic head-nodder here.

That's really the draw of the podcast, imo. These interviews are almost entirely without Joe Rogan as a person. He's just there to play the interested but uninformed layman and to let the other side speak.

So far only an hour into the show, but the "Evil Close-Minded SJW Anti-Cisgender Monsters With Bullhorns!" description seems inapt. If anything, the worst he's accused them of is being overly group-protective; causing damage inadvertently not with evil intent.
I'm sure he wants to be the hero, and it appears to be a sticking point for you that he wants that. Everyone wants to be a hero. There's no sense in begrudging people for that (oh Ruler). :P

I don't really know much about him at all and I don't possess any philosophy PhDs. This is a fun conversation viewed as a low stress environment to let people express their worldview. Joe Rogan is the correct point of self-insertion -- just listen to other guy and poke fun when you can.

Certainly if his detractors wanted him and his ideas to go away, attempting to censor him was 100% the wrong move. If nobody airhorned him, or tried to get him demonetized on YouTube, he probably would continue to sit in obscurity.

For as wrong as his worldview might be, airhorning someone is more wrong. But I think that just puts this discussion back into that other discussion.

---

JP: "I'm not an intellectual... I'm a romantic." *immediately segues into Thus Spoke Zarathustra*

Yeah alright man, haha.
Last edited by pneuma on Aug 23, 2017, 12:47:10 AM
Hi all.

@Charan: I miss PoE and you folks as well. I'm in a different phase, though. When I'm in gaming mode, I do only that. When I want to do something else, I do only the something else and I find myself having no desire to game. I guess I'm an all-or-nothing type. I'll look through the links and information you posted when I have the time for it.

About the podcast: Frankly, I am not interested in the social issues Peterson's talking about and in connection with which he got popular. He's also viciously critical of Marxism, and I actually identify to a large extent with Marxism as far as political ideas are concerned. He's also said other things I disagree with. I did not post this as a "gotcha" video. I hadn't written in off-topic in quite a while and I forgot how everything here must be primarily about politics. Well, no. Fuck this topic sideways and throw it out of the door as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, my points of disagreement with him do not prevent me from appreciating his other thoughts. The way he talks about Jung and Joseph Campbell's ideas with the hero story and the connections he paints between mythology and religion, as well as the many tangents on unrelated or not-so-related topics, I love these. He manages to talk about extremely complicated problems with crisp and explicit delivery which is above and beyond anything else I've read or heard on the topic. He's simply a gifted educator.

About him making money, of course he should. Good for him. He has a lot of interesting things to say and a lot of people enjoy listening to him, so they give him money. It's good that people like him are getting success and visibility. Is it exploitation if his videos have legitimately helped a lot of people? I don't think so. Not to mention he has uploaded a metric shitton of lectures on youtube for free. I strongly disagree with the implications of unethical attitude.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 23, 2017, 3:34:49 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
He's just a well-read psychologist with a knack for delivery. Whoopdefuckingdo.

That to me sums up everything you had to say about him in this thread.
You know it's really hard for anyone to read everything you wrote about him,
and not see you as a salty leftist? Almost so as if you had something personal against him, I mean he didn't bang your wife did he? Calm down.

I think the path he wants to lead people onto is quite logical and reasonable with the outcomes in sight at the horizon. Why would anyone want to disagree?
The left is fucking insane, would you really want to promote any of the shit that they stand for?

Go into some details and pick your points if you want.
I mean mass immigration into europe for example, the harms of multiculturalism, the destruction of western family values, etc.?

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on Aug 23, 2017, 4:01:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info