[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
blingi wrote:
I'm not following this guide and using a mostly self built SG spectre build.

I just spawned uber elder and want to try him for the first time, so I was thinking about switching to TV for him since I heard those were preferable for single target damage.

Is this still the case?

Yes.

"
blingi wrote:
Anything I need to look out for doing uber elder with those minions?
Which gem links provide the highest dps for TVs (since PoB doesn't work with them)? I don't think I'll need minion resistance since I'm running purity of elements. So far I'm thinking spectre - ele focus - minion damage - burning damage - multiple totems (?) - efficiacy (is this better than swift affliction or is there something better alltogether?)

Here is my build for reference: https://pastebin.com/XWxKAm6Q
My AG provides another -9% fire res and I'll try linking combustion support for another -19%. Does combustion work with AG?

Best links for TVs (disregarding Multiple Totems) are Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Burning Damage - Combustion - Swift Affliction - Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance.

Efficacy only works half (not spell damage), so no-no.

Elemental Focus is just bad now (prevents burning), I saw a noticeable damage increase when using Combustion instead of it.

For the record:
- Fire Penetration doesn't work (because Scorching Ray does not hit)
- Controlled Destruction doesn't work (because Scorching Ray is not spell damage)
- Stuff that works for TV's totems: minion damage, fire damage, elemental damage, damage over time

I would suggest going with what I posted above and trying out to replace Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance (if you don't need the res) with Multiple Totems.
"
Croc411 wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
I'm not following this guide and using a mostly self built SG spectre build.

I just spawned uber elder and want to try him for the first time, so I was thinking about switching to TV for him since I heard those were preferable for single target damage.

Is this still the case?

Yes.

"
blingi wrote:
Anything I need to look out for doing uber elder with those minions?
Which gem links provide the highest dps for TVs (since PoB doesn't work with them)? I don't think I'll need minion resistance since I'm running purity of elements. So far I'm thinking spectre - ele focus - minion damage - burning damage - multiple totems (?) - efficiacy (is this better than swift affliction or is there something better alltogether?)

Here is my build for reference: https://pastebin.com/XWxKAm6Q
My AG provides another -9% fire res and I'll try linking combustion support for another -19%. Does combustion work with AG?

Best links for TVs (disregarding Multiple Totems) are Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Burning Damage - Combustion - Swift Affliction - Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance.

Efficacy only works half (not spell damage), so no-no.

Elemental Focus is just bad now (prevents burning), I saw a noticeable damage increase when using Combustion instead of it.

For the record:
- Fire Penetration doesn't work (because Scorching Ray does not hit)
- Controlled Destruction doesn't work (because Scorching Ray is not spell damage)
- Stuff that works for TV's totems: minion damage, fire damage, elemental damage, damage over time

I would suggest going with what I posted above and trying out to replace Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance (if you don't need the res) with Multiple Totems.

My current links are:

Raise Spectre - Burning Damage - Minion Damage - Multiple Totems - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus.

I had Combustion in there purely for the 29% more fire damage. I had a separate combustion linked to my AG and Zombies, which did fire damage from a jewel I had to ignite and lower enemy res. Does the actually burning portion of the totems' damage deal the equivalent of the additional 20% more damage (49% total) that Elemental Focus provides over Combustion?
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
My current links are:

Raise Spectre - Burning Damage - Minion Damage - Multiple Totems - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus.

I had Combustion in there purely for the 29% more fire damage. I had a separate combustion linked to my AG and Zombies, which did fire damage from a jewel I had to ignite and lower enemy res. Does the actually burning portion of the totems' damage deal the equivalent of the additional 20% more damage (49% total) that Elemental Focus provides over Combustion?

Keep in mind that Combustion also lowers mob's fire resistance. This and the burning adds up to a significant increase in dps when taking Combustion over Elemental Focus.
Last edited by Croc411 on Jan 11, 2019, 2:05:49 PM
"
Croc411 wrote:
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
My current links are:

Keep in mind that Combustion also lowers mob's fire resistance. This and the burning adds up to a significant increase in dps when taking Combustion over Elemental Focus.

I'm already getting the combustion debuff via AG/Golem, so would ele focus be the best choice dps wise after that?
"
blingi wrote:
I'm already getting the combustion debuff via AG/Golem, so would ele focus be the best choice dps wise after that?

OK, I got that now.

Hard to say which one is better in your situation, try out both and keep the one that feels better for you.
I'm in the same boat as you, blingi. I already have a separate Combustion from my zombies/AG for the fire res debuff. In our case, I believe Elemental Focus is the better option.
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on Jan 11, 2019, 3:19:33 PM
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you, blingi. I already have a separate Combustion from my zombies/AG for the fire res debuff. In our case, I believe Elemental Focus is the better option.

I tried both but honestly I didn't really notice any real difference. The totems do so much damage that shaper/elder go invincible like 2 seconds after my TVs start unloading on them so it's hurt to really tell any difference.
"
cloudblade70 wrote:
I did some brief testing, the most I ever saw from one TV was 2 totems out at a time. By the time they were able to summon again, their prior totems had already died. However, this is still a DPS boost.

My prior links were Raise Spectre - Elemental Focus - Swift Affliction - Burning Damage - Minion Damage - Combustion (for the 28% more fire damage).

Considering a level 20 Multiple Totems, with 21% reduced damage, that's still 2 x 0.79 = 1.58 = 58% more damage. So I'm going to replace Combustion. Plus it helps ramp up the fire res debuff more quickly.

Don't know if a linked faster casting or quality on the gem for faster totem placement speed would affect it, or if there is a hard cooldown on how often they can summon totems. Maybe it's the same as the totem duration of 5 seconds. Please someone correct me if they saw 3 totems out at once.

I submitted a bug report on the fact with Necromantic Agis and the +1 shield only 1 totem seems to ever be out. I got a response that the AI is designed to only rarely summon totems more than once due to AI and the nerfed (5s instead of 10) totem time.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2305235
Well I just killed shaper with my necro using 4 TV , AG , Stone golem , and some zombies .

So im fine with combustion over elemental focus , because I think the burning damage is why we use TV in the first place .

Build seems ok , for shaper anyway .

RogueweaponNecro .

I think i might do some testing with blood magic linked with a spectre setup .

I read/heard somewhere the spectres have a small mana pool and that could be the reason the dont spam thier skills .

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/443606538058465286/535863200684703744/screenshot-0004.png

I count 8 beams happening here , with BM and MT support .

Last edited by Rogueweapon on Jan 18, 2019, 11:51:00 AM
TV are prolly the best spectres again . The clear speed and dmg with multiple totems are insane . Im runnin 5 TV and 10 zombies ( 2 x sixlinks ) thats fun

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info