[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Autofire2 wrote:
Hey Adam! Me again. I was wondering if you could have a look at my gear? (I've mostly used your Best Summoner character as basis, along with the original guide!) I don't know what to upgrade next, and it's a little harder because the league is wrapping up and I'm having a tougher time getting sellers.

My character (never my spectres, but my character) tends to die too often now, once every few T9 maps, and I was just wondering if it was my gear or my playstyle.

Thanks!

Your profile is currently set to private, so we can't see your character or gear to make any suggestions.

Also FYI, there will be many other in here with insight into this character better than mine. But I'm still happy to offer advice.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Autofire2 wrote:
Hey Adam! Me again. I was wondering if you could have a look at my gear? (I've mostly used your Best Summoner character as basis, along with the original guide!) I don't know what to upgrade next, and it's a little harder because the league is wrapping up and I'm having a tougher time getting sellers.

My character (never my spectres, but my character) tends to die too often now, once every few T9 maps, and I was just wondering if it was my gear or my playstyle.

Thanks!

Your profile is currently set to private, so we can't see your character or gear to make any suggestions.

Also FYI, there will be many other in here with insight into this character better than mine. But I'm still happy to offer advice.

Thanks! And I think I sorted it out now, it was a slightly tricky to turn the privacy settings off .

"
Autofire2 wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Autofire2 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks! And I think I sorted it out now, it was a slightly tricky to turn the privacy settings off .

So, a few things.
Flasks. I run:

The life pot keeps you out of trouble, but I rarely use it. The Rumi's is critical, it boosts my block up to where I can block most hits. It also boosts my armour tremendously, and in conjunction with the Basalt flask with even more added armour, the damage mitigation on incoming physical is awesome. Quality your flasks. Transmute them. There's no reason to run a flask with no affixes!

Rise of the Phoenix - great shield if you're going up against Atziri, not so awesome for much else except volatiles. Lioneyes, or even better, one of the ones that adds spell block:

That would let you drop the amulet and use something else. A corrupted ammy with additional curse, or increased minion damage is ideal.

Gloves. Try to find a rare with life, dex, resists, and an open affix slot for the Catarina mod Minions deal increased damage.

Rings are nearly the same deal - you want life, mana, resists. I tend to stack enough resists elsewhere that I can use an essence worm for determination / haste / discipline, depending on what's useful. If I've stacked a bunch of energy shield gear, I'll use discipline. Determination for armour, etc.

Your surviveability is likely linked to a lack of block. You want to max your block. If that means running some reckless defence jewels, so be it. Block is your first line of defense - it heals you, and it prevents you from getting hurt.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Grim, amazing info. Thanks for taking so much time.

You're right, I have not been respecting block at all because I'm frankly so new that I barely know what block does (vs Evasion, Armor, HP, Mana Shield etc). While my first build (the SunderSlayer Adam posted) was straightforward enough that I didn't really need to think about much, this one is a bit more complex and free-flowing.

I've got a Lioneyes, looking for another shield.

Sadly, I don't think I can afford Reckless Defense...it costs about 10cc per 1% chance to block, it seems! Looking for a workaround.

I already have a Rumi's from my other character so I'll just send that over, and the flasks aren't such a problem. And I was already looking for good gloves.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Autofire2 on May 13, 2018, 8:55:02 AM
"
Autofire2 wrote:
Grim, amazing info. Thanks for taking so much time.

You're right, I have not been respecting block at all because I'm frankly so new that I barely know what block does (vs Evasion, Armor, HP, Mana Shield etc). While my first build (the SunderSlayer Adam posted) was straightforward enough that I didn't really need to think about much, this one is a bit more complex and free-flowing.

I've got a Lioneyes, looking for another shield.

Sadly, I don't think I can afford Reckless Defense...it costs about 10cc per 1% chance to block, it seems! Looking for a workaround.

I already have a Rumi's from my other character so I'll just send that over, and the flasks aren't such a problem. And I was already looking for good gloves.

Thanks again!
Wow... price of Reckless Defense is crazy. They were under 1c at the start of the league!
So I have been playing this build in BHC and I just recently switched from Solar Guards to TVs for the endgame bosses.

I did my first red elder (T15) today and it was very smooth, around a 2 to 3 minute kill with minimal threat to my character. The only part that got a bit spooky was the last portal round of phase 2. I am not completely used to Vanguards after playing with Solar Guards to 95, so I think my targeting needs a bit of work. Other than that, I don't think I dropped below 5k life more than once.

Gear used for the kill:

My Animate Guardian is using Dual Dyadus, Zandethus' Cassock, Victario's Goathide Boots, Southbound Gloves and a Bringer of Rain.

I need a few more memory fragments (13-15) so I'll be killing it again a few more times with the 2nd character map opening trick and I don't think the rest of the kills will present any significant issues.

Some basic stuff -
EHP: 10,814 (7000 life, 2863 MoM, 951 ES) / 11,814 against cold damage from Vix Lunaris
Block/Spell Block: 75/65 with Rumi's and Bone Offering
Life Regen: 564/s (8% per second)
Mana Regen: 145/s

Thanks for the great build guide. After I clean up my Elder I'll hopefully be aiming for my first Shaper and Uber Atziri kills. If I end up attempting Uber Elder I'll try to make sure to record it so it can be posted here (assuming I actually kill it which I probably won't).
"
Autofire2 wrote:

You'll need to follow the build guide and level up more before we can really be of much use. You are still under L80 and missing skills as per the build guide instructions.

Hey guys, I have been running a MoM Flame Golem build in Flashback HC. I am currently level 90. I managed to snag this helm:
. I was considering using it to run 3 tukohamas in it for boss damage, along with soul weaver node and bones of ullr boots. I will be running a heavy armor chest that I found when I 6 link it:
. I am using ahn's heritage for the +max res and 30% block, it is really nice. I have no problems shield charging into packs and letting golems kill everything. However, boss damage can be a bit lacking. Do you think giving up my boots slot and 6 skill nodes for tukohamas is worth it? I would like to go as far as I can and maybe even get 36 challenges but unlikely.
"
isunktitanic wrote:
Hey guys, I have been running a MoM Flame Golem build in Flashback HC. I am currently level 90. I managed to snag this helm:
. I was considering using it to run 3 tukohamas in it for boss damage, along with soul weaver node and bones of ullr boots. I will be running a heavy armor chest that I found when I 6 link it:
. I am using ahn's heritage for the +max res and 30% block, it is really nice. I have no problems shield charging into packs and letting golems kill everything. However, boss damage can be a bit lacking. Do you think giving up my boots slot and 6 skill nodes for tukohamas is worth it? I would like to go as far as I can and maybe even get 36 challenges but unlikely.
Without a Vis Mortis or Death Attunement on the tree, you're only going to get 2. Also, you're missing nearly all the minion damage nodes on the tree, so they aren't going to be quite the same damage levels as the vids you'll see posted here. Also without the ascendancies, they might be squishy.

Still worth a shot, IMO.
ok upgraded my Gear again and I must say, my shield is op xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info