[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Baldrick wrote:
What aura is best for TV or solar guards? Anger?
Also, I am using despair gem atm for curse, any other suggestions?

I found a Victario's Charity shield and started using that since I had crap before. Not sure how much it helps but my minions almost always have frenzy charges up.

Normal Lab choose Commander of Darkness Im using Haste, Cruel Lab respec 10 poin into Soul Weaver and NO aura :)
So many cries here!! U can see he still melts shaper. And u guys all cry and cry. Because it now takes a little longer to kill something. What do u even expect off a build where u have spend 5chaos on?

Solar guards for mapping (dont even need to do boss since its waste of time) if u want to go heavy bosses like shaper and atziri switch to tv's. Now stop cry and play
definite some shits nerfed big, same gears same map, I used to zap thru a pack use convocation/arc/charge and its clear, now I have to charge back and forth few times, sometimes I got attacked while picking up loot with 3T1W just around me, shit spectres sometimes just act stupid and not aggressive enough.
Having fun, almost ready to switch over to main build. Bought 2 clayshapers 1 chaos each, Ullr for a couple chaos. No I have 3 spec/3 flame golems to compliment an army of skel/srs/zombies that protect them too.

I'm still able to clear abyss even at level 65. No clue why others are struggling so much. I'm working on the armor now to switch to main build.

FYI: if you get a 5 link armor, it is amazing to switch to RG3B and add echo to the link mix. I spent 3 chaos for that, and it is a great stepping item because those colors can even support the switch to Wicker/TV till I can afford vis mortis.
Wicker men are useless, so perpare to spend much more time in maps than you used to. Still a great boss killer build
"
MsOtherName wrote:
Aww so rip my char if this build is now bad?

That sounds bad tho. So i need to get that spectres everytime they die from there O.o

First off, you can always desecrate them.

Second off, what the heck are you doing to die?

Sample abyss run with training build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sPxQ4zNXS8&feature=youtu.be

Key things:
1. Keep flesh offering up
2. Keep grunt critters up front to tank
3. Keep EE up
4. Move or quaff potion if you need it

NOT HARD!!!!

The reason I use the training build right now is because when I get Wicker, I'll have a big tough guy to tank.
Can someone provide their links so I know what to use, particularly the animated guardian ones
What recovery mechanics are people using? Just life flasks/passive regen? I mean, we shouldn't take that much damage with the minions tanking everything, but it seems like our ability to recover when we take a hit is relatively low.
Guys, I'm playing this Build. I don't like using Spectres early until Solar Guards. Instead I used SRS in the wand, and Glascial cascade totems in a chest piece to lvl up. I did Glacial cascade, spell totem, cold pen, faster casting, controlled destruction, culling strike.

It might have not been the optimal totem setup for Glacial Cascade but with Spell echo bug Flame Sents just didn't make the cut. I even forfeited, just for ancestrial bond, at the point I'd be ready to get death attunement.

Once, I got SGs everything was smooth, again. Specced out of ancestrial bond got death attunement went on with the build. Lucky Tabula Dropped in Marveil's Cavern but still. Totem setup would be a lot easier to keep up with then annoying dieing spectres, especially in abyss's lol.

For future Summoners I'm a make sure to have skele mages in totem setup while lvling.

SRS's, on bosses I would switch to melee physical dmg instead of melee splash.

Abyss's I'd hang back a little bit, make sure the SRS were killing those annoying regening guys first as they were lighting my ass up lol. Then I just kept it moving. Once, I got to about 60/60 Block with Bone offering I could face tank and just let my spectres handle stuff while I spam SRS vs those.

I've only died about 7 times playing this build and now I'm lvl 71. Fully Transitioned into the build minus the AG. I benefited greatly from a totem setup and not using spectres to early on. I went 50+ without spectres. Basically just played with Wand, Shield, spell totem setup.

Edit: I used the Reverberation Wand all the way until act 10 clear.

How I navigated, I went:
Deep wisdom --> occultist's dominion --> Lord of the dead --> Cruel Prep --> Inspiration -->
Quick recovery --> Then green Minion Damage node next to Herd the flock --> Sanctify --> Shaper -->
Potency of will --> Grave pact --> Constitution --> Puppet Master --> Purity of flesh.

After this I became comfortable in going for dual totems (Ancestrial Bond). Instead of Spectres. Instant Life Flasks Carries!!!! Craft them as soon as you can lol. Also bleeding flask for Abyss's sucking up all your mana. Bone offering carries once you get Solars on fighting bosses and Abyss's. Cast when damage taken bone offering setup is nice, but maybe self casting bone offering is better if you can get both self cast and cst when dmg taken bone offering do it. Can self cast flesh when your safe. After I stopped using totems I got Elemental equalibirum as well.

The full lvling setup mentioned in this updated guide though seems fun. Skele mages, Golems, and Spectres? sounds awesome lol. I still got 2 more Summoners to make haha.

Last edited by TheAceman on Dec 10, 2017, 8:19:13 PM
I have had a BLAST with the leveling setup, even learned some tricks when the build author posted my own tips back at me!!! I did eventually have to give up haste to have enough unreserved mana for MOM support.

I just his act 10. As soon as I hit the wickermen... I'm switching and won't look back. The whole purpose of the leveling setup is to get me here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info