[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Why not use Solar guards? They seem to do a ton of single target damage and are really tanky?

Is that Wickerman just for soaking damage? If so why not use Zombies or decoy totem?

Without Zombies or Decoy totem what do you use to distract and soak damage? Wickerman? Would 1 Wickerman and 2 Solar Guard be good for this build or there some synergy the burning spectres have with this build that would outway the dps the Solar guard have?

Big difference between Solar guard and Burning setup, its another gem links and way to increase damage.
Solar guards better for clear speed (cuz extremly good synergy with flash off+high cast speed), but for bosses Takohama with multiple scorching totems MUCH stronger then Solar guards, and Wicker man guarantee u decent clearspeed and extra dmg for mapping) + they just undying with block/regen setup.
I don't know if anyone has reported it yet, I've found Wicker Man in T12 Vault map
Sorry,
Would "Fire Penetration" as gem socket be worthwhile?
And could we use "Fortified Legion" if we don't have an excellent rare jewel?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Hi, I see that there is a Tukohama version of this build and I think it is really quite cool, but I am worried that it is not tanky. Right now I am using only three spectres and with Cloak of Defiance and with over 10k eHP I feel very safe. This allows me to makes mistakes and still live which I enjoy alot.

How would I survive if I change to Tukohamas+Necromantic Aegis, and also use Vis Mortis instead of Cloak of Defiance?
"
Exelice wrote:
"
Why not use Solar guards? They seem to do a ton of single target damage and are really tanky?

Is that Wickerman just for soaking damage? If so why not use Zombies or decoy totem?

Without Zombies or Decoy totem what do you use to distract and soak damage? Wickerman? Would 1 Wickerman and 2 Solar Guard be good for this build or there some synergy the burning spectres have with this build that would outway the dps the Solar guard have?

Big difference between Solar guard and Burning setup, its another gem links and way to increase damage.
Solar guards better for clear speed (cuz extremly good synergy with flash off+high cast speed), but for bosses Takohama with multiple scorching totems MUCH stronger then Solar guards, and Wicker man guarantee u decent clearspeed and extra dmg for mapping) + they just undying with block/regen setup.

What do you use to tank for you? You don't run skeletons or zombies or decoy totem so nothing to draw aggro but your spectres. Are you just using Wicker man for tanking?
Managed to get my first Shaper kill today with this build, using a 5-linked Vis Mortis, with just two deaths. Could've been deathless if I had reacted faster.

The only problem I have with this build, is how often the game crashes right now. And you all know what that means...
Am I doing something wrong or why is it taking forever to get my 2nd Vanguard in the Shaper's Realm? Should I have raised 2 guys in the Coast?
"

What do you use to tank for you? You don't run skeletons or zombies or decoy totem so nothing to draw aggro but your spectres. Are you just using Wicker man for tanking?

For tanking i use Wicker mostly and zombie wall for phys medigation (72% with flask up+9 zombie) so i dont really worry about that. I testing Decoy totem setup, and its really no needed, Wicker man aggro pretty good
"
Zyn wrote:
Managed to get my first Shaper kill today with this build, using a 5-linked Vis Mortis, with just two deaths. Could've been deathless if I had reacted faster.

The only problem I have with this build, is how often the game crashes right now. And you all know what that means...

After some advice in this thread i disabled Multithreading with 0 crashes in >24 hours since then. I mean yeah, youre losing fps and it's a shame to disable it but it worked for keeping spectres :)
Last edited by Spell_Singer on Sep 4, 2017, 2:23:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info