[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Psycomantje wrote:
How do u guys all know this? There hasn't been any patch node about it?
Purely speculation as far as I can tell.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
This is absolutely disgusting. I slapped on some random gear to cap my res, got a 5 link Vis Mortis and a Scourge. Budget for total items must be below 1 EX, with some of my gems not even max level (I used a level 5 Inc Burning Dmg gem), and absolutely wrecked Guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri all on my first try.

The spectres are so tanky that you barely have to worry about getting them out of dangerous attacks quickly (Double Flameblast, Shaper beam, etc.). IF anyone wants a super cheap build that can farm bosses in a relaxed fashion, this build is it.
IGN - Zginc
Wanted to discuss something that literally costed me #5 necro in Turmoil: BAMETH.

With breaches in double-beyond maps, I ended up feeling that most of the breach goes to waste, because I'm constantly trying to avoid huge piles of corpses, and the result is even worse than just a breach without beyond at all.

I tried constantly exploding corpses under myself while in breach, but if Bameth spawned, it was enough for me to get hit by something, create auto-desecrate corpses from CWDT, and that launched a chain reaction that inevitably lead to my death (died 9 times on lvl98, 8 of which were to Bameth's CEs).

What could be done about it? It would be a real waste to miss out on the 10 breaches with double beyond in Mayhem. While brooding over the results of Turmoil, I thought that changing clarity to purity of fire might've been a good option; rise of the phoenix is probably NOT a good option - lioneye's remorse is too good to pass on, considering the tremendous amount of armour (with all the %armour nodes we have in templar/marauder area) and block it gives us for such a cheap price. The thing is, we'll be left with way too low mana that way.

We also have pretty much no way to incorporate cold damage/shattering of the corpses with our toolkit. Unless going for frost sentinels, maybe, but they are as squishy as SGs and probably won't survive a situation with a T16 breach with an Abaxoth inside, all while fighting among a ton of corpses, Bameth and a couple of other unique beyond friends. I'm still not convinced that going the shaped t10/t11 route is a better chance for spectremancers to beat aurabots. In my book, it's farming T14+ with breach+double beyond that should do the trick; breaches are stationary, and therefore by investing into them, we can take a shot at our rivals in something they don't outshine us - those speedy builds won't clear a T16 breach as fast as a T11 breach, while WMs and TVs don't really give a shit about what level of content they're doing - it all comes down to our (and their) overall inability to zoom through the map in 1 minute, clearing the entirety of it.

The reason I got to #5 and even #4 for some hours was exactly because I was farming high-tier maps, didn't lose the opportunities when breaches spawned in guardian maps, squeezing the most of them... Only Bameth really ruined everything for me.

Your thoughts, gentlemen?
Dying sun? Arctic Armour? Use his own weapons against him perhaps - vaal detonate dead should fill up pretty damn fast in breaches, and clear the entire screen every time you activate it, including all the corpses under your feet.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Dying sun? Arctic Armour? Use his own weapons against him perhaps - vaal detonate dead should fill up pretty damn fast in breaches, and clear the entire screen every time you activate it, including all the corpses under your feet.

Wow, great ideas, didn't think of it!

1. Dying Sun... I wonder. Does the increased area of effect work for Wickermen? I'd be surprised if it does, but IF it does, it's literally THE solution. Not only does it give good protection against Bameth, it also increases the effectiveness in this specific situation - breaches+double beyond.

2. Arctic Armour - it's 'when hit' - does Detonate Dead 'hit'? I assume it does, but making sure. Still, we're already socket-starved as it is...

3. Using Vaal DD is a really good idea too, the only issue is fitting it in socket-wise, I guess.
Recorder a Chayula's Domain run. For science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlJFuyKUWo4&feature=youtu.be

Will probably also record HoGM later, since it seems to be THE problem for summoner builds.
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Nov 22, 2017, 7:22:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the dying sun is only going to benefit you by boosting your fire resist to 81%. Given that vaal detonate dead deals fire damage though, it might put you over the top into survival territory.

I'm reasonably sure that DD deals hits, however, some googling hasn't generated any actual proof of that.

Gem slots are absolutely going to be the hard part.

I'm surprised you aren't using an Animated Guardian - the damage boost from him is rather significant.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the dying sun is only going to benefit you by boosting your fire resist to 81%. Given that vaal detonate dead deals fire damage though, it might put you over the top into survival territory.

I'm reasonably sure that DD deals hits, however, some googling hasn't generated any actual proof of that.

Gem slots are absolutely going to be the hard part.

I'm surprised you aren't using an Animated Guardian - the damage boost from him is rather significant.

82*, considering the fact the Barbarism passive node is pretty much mandatory and easy to obtain way before lvl90. But yeah, that's still great. It's just that... Why Dying Sun then, why not just some random ruby flask with good rolls?

Regarding Animate Guardian - I don't use him for three reasons:

1) When talking about things like 'fighting Abaxoth + friends inside a T16 breach', I don't feel like he'll survive without things like Empower 3/4, which aren't really available in races until it's kinda too late.

2) Also, talking about races, I don't feel that AG really contributes much, since clearing the maps is 'keep spamming WB/SC and drag your 3-4 WMs who destroy enemies the get too close to them in less than 1 second' - the AG simply won't have any time to hit. Yeah, he will make some difference fighting high-end bosses, but high-end bosses aren't really the main focus in 10-day races, imo - even though I had to rush Chimera ASAP to get Scourge.

3) Gem slots. You can see my Turmoil necro in my (open) profile - TradingIsFineYouAreLazy. The only things I can consider removing are faster casting support, increased duration and perhaps stone golem. Not sure what else could be removed to provide 3 links to AG (and without 3 links I can't see him being useful AND being able to survive at once)...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Scorching_Ray

Wiki says that spell damage modifiers are applied to Scorching Ray damage over time damage. Why is it not applied to Scorching Ray totems?

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Not sure what you are saying here... exactly what spell damage modifier are you wanting to apply to your TV's totems? Or are you casting the totem yourself?

I want spell damage modifier from support skill gem to be applied. Why should I cast it myself to work? My Solar Guards and Flame Sentinels are casting their spells by their own, it's not me casting, but spell damage modifier from Controlled Destruction is applied, so you logic is wrong.
Finally we took the hit. offerings only effect us 50% now, with that nerf we will not be using charging anymore so that's a indirect nerf for no fortify. overall, huge survivability hit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info