[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

I have a question for those of you who are using BOR on your guardian. Doesn’t this deactivate Icetomb’s increase duration for chill?
"
Imurgod wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
I'm also quite surprised to see doomsayings here. If GGG nerfs anything, it's definitely going to be VP, not spectres.

because they only play 1 or 2 sucky builds then switched to this.

Seriously if they nerf spectres I can jump back to my blade flurry build and still wtfpawn every shits, and dont get me started on these op builds atm:
barrage and its stupid +2 helm
berzerker
dp
slayer/raider/pathfinder
vp
RF
kenectic blast
ele conversion
many more...

all of them can down shaper in seconds so why your fingers on spectres only? this is the way of game now, most builds have good dps and satisfying to play with, period, stop shitting urself if you just found out this build has decent dps.

It's not just the insane dps, but also the relative safety of the build. By not engaging the boss directly, its already a huge advantage against melee classes who have to facetank the boss, even with VP.

I don't think you're being completely honest in your post. RF can melt shaper in seconds? I haven't seen a video of that. Ele wanders need an extremely high investment of ex (100+) and even then I dont think their single target is as strong.

Now before you say I am trying to nerf spectres, my main is a necromancer. Do I wish to see them nerfed? No, but I think it is inevitable. I'll just post a video I did a few minutes ago and you can see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBlsKYOpNmo

In the video, I'm only using lvl 20 gems and 3 tvs. It'll be even faster if I had lvl 21 gems and 4 tvs.

And if what you say is true, the meta is builds killing end game bosses in seconds, then something is wrong with the game, because then the meta will be even smaller where everyone will only be playing 2-3 classes and other builds will never be played.
Last edited by Cristil66 on Nov 3, 2017, 11:46:43 AM
Those who think GGG will not nerf the TV and Wicker Man are in denial.

I've played this game for a long time. Created many builds myself including unique non-meta builds that that could farm end game content (my Shaper farming Wild Strike Berserker last league for example).
This is by far the tankiest end-game build for the least effort I have seen in a long time. I started SSF half-way through the league and have been farming Guardians and Shaper with just 3 spectres, lvl 19 gems, no AG (just leveing the gem in case I want to use it), 5L and really crappy self-found gear. You can farm shaper with a gear that costs less that 1 Ex. My SSF gear for example :

Spoiler

Fact is you can spend all your gear and passives on defense and still have dps to farm endgame content.

They will nerf TV and Wicker Man.

3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Last edited by Rusherboy on Nov 3, 2017, 12:18:28 PM
Would it be advisable for me to attempt Uul-Netol solo on a 5-link (1WM/3TV)? I'm on xbox so the breachstones are a bit expensive and I would like to be prepared. Any advice or changes I should make to my spectres before the run? I've followed the guide closely as far as gear is concerned and can kill all the guardians without dying.

While I'm asking about breaches... I would assume I should wait to try Chayula until I have a 6 link and maximized gear, correct?
"
deschain019 wrote:
Would it be advisable for me to attempt Uul-Netol solo on a 5-link (1WM/3TV)? I'm on xbox so the breachstones are a bit expensive and I would like to be prepared. Any advice or changes I should make to my spectres before the run? I've followed the guide closely as far as gear is concerned and can kill all the guardians without dying.

While I'm asking about breaches... I would assume I should wait to try Chayula until I have a 6 link and maximized gear, correct?

I don't think TVs and WM could handle it to be honest. The clear speed just isn't there. Uul-Netol's domain can be a bitch for summoners because of all the little nooks and crannies where your minions can get stuck.

When I first tried Uul-Netol, I was using three Solar Guards and even with those I just barely made it to the end in time. I would advise using SGs for the run, and then switching back to a TV setup for the boss itself.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Scorching_Ray

Wiki says that spell damage modifiers are applied to Scorching Ray damage over time damage. Why is it not applied to Scorching Ray totems?
United in Dream or Severed in Sleep work with solar guards?
"
JustMane wrote:
United in Dream or Severed in Sleep work with solar guards?

no
United in Dream or Severed in Sleep work only with mellee hits
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Dumb question But how do i get the spectres into PoB (Wicker man, Solar Guards and Tokuhamas Vanguard) ?. They dont show up in the spectre librabry (Im new to pob so i may be missing something).
Just a quick thank you for this guide!

After 1 day 20 hours on my BurningSpectreQueen played at level 89 I have killed the guardians and shaper by myself for the first time since I started playing path of exile.

Having never even seen the fights (except shaper in videos) before:
- two guardians deathless
- two with one death each (watching the spectres finish them)
- also went down three times in the shaper fights and had the spectres finish the phases

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info