[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Exelice wrote:
"
onomastikon wrote:
Could one of you pros please explain briefly about Efficacy and Wicker Men's RF? Efficacy says it affects skills which do damage OR which have a duration: RF does damage, so wouldn't Efficacy be a good choice for both Wicker Men and Vanguards? You seem to think not, and I would like to understand please. Thank you.

Efficacy work only for Vanguard, and its was 2-3 times explained. For both (map clear) u can use
RS+Inc burn+Ele focus+Minion dmg+Minion and totem resist+chance to ignite (culling strike). Another gems works only for 1 spectre (conc/inc aoe for Wickerman, Efficacy/Swift affliction/Less duration for Takohama's vanguard.

Pretty sure efficacy works for Wickerman, as they behave the same way burned miscreations work with their RF damage. Pob seems to think so aswell. Same goes for swift affliction. Am I missing something like a difference between the skills?
I have to say thank you for creating this build. I have been playing in hardcore harbinger and managed to take this character to level 90 so far ( my first hardcore character to do so ).
Any guesses if Vulnerability or Flammability will provide a bigger dps increase?
Got me a +1 curse Lazhwar to play with dual curses but I'm unsure which to run. :)
Thx for the build. Very nice to use with some changes. Vaal Temple Map boss fight without regen with Tabula Rasa xDDDD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfloEodGnKA
Last edited by Spell_Singer on Sep 2, 2017, 2:26:00 AM
"
SelixFoH wrote:
Found Wicker and Takoumas in Waste Pool

It's sewers tileset, so its should work well.

P.S. Sceptre tileset tested - it's work for both. You can add Villa (T4) and Palace (T14) to list.
"
killertje164 wrote:

Pretty sure efficacy works for Wickerman, as they behave the same way burned miscreations work with their RF damage. Pob seems to think so aswell. Same goes for swift affliction. Am I missing something like a difference between the skills?

Well, RF just doesnt work with ANY duration supports gems for increasing dmg. You can simply test it when use just Wicker man without link and with Less dur+Efficacy+Swift affliction.
Sorry if it has been answered, if I want to use Spectre as main link ealier, say, from lv28 (even with some srs support), what's the best spectre(s) and link(s) to use along the way?
Thanks!
Dont recommend do it with low lvl, cuz they too weak and die fast. But if u REALLY want - Flame sentinels (spell echo+minion dmg+gmp+pierce+control destr.) work well before A5, after use Kitava's herald. But before Solar guards (a8) dont recommend do it, SRS with +2 staff or Nycta's Lantern (srs+minion dmg+splash(melee dmg for boss)) work great.

Edit for Kitava's herald: RS + Multi + Min dmg + melee phys + AOE (conc effect) + Ruthless. They are pure phys, so its pretty slow clearing, but dmg is solid. Only one problem for this - high str requirements.
Last edited by Exelice on Sep 2, 2017, 9:19:51 AM
"
Exelice wrote:
Dont recommend do it with low lvl, cuz they too weak and die fast. But if u REALLY want - Flame sentinels (spell echo+miniom dmg+gmp+pierce+control destr.) work well before A5, after use Kitava's herald. But before Solar guards (a8) dont recommend do it, SRS with +2 staff or Nycta's Lantern (srs+minion dmg+splash(melee dmg for boss)) work great.

Thanks a lot. What's your recommended link for Kitava's Herald?

I know SRS is strong but I played too many SRS builds so...
"
Exelice wrote:
"
killertje164 wrote:

Well, RF just doesnt work with ANY duration supports gems for increasing dmg. You can simply test it when use just Wicker man without link and with Less dur+Efficacy+Swift affliction.

I don't think you know how spectres work. The exact same reason Chance to ignite works on spectres is the reason Efficacy and swift affliction work. RF is still a "dot" but without a duration, Efficacy simply gives the "spectres" a %more multiplier on their DoT damage due to the *Supports any skill that deals damage* on the gem tag. This has been proven multiple times by "burning miscreations" which use UNRIGHTEOUS FIRE, which is literally the exact same skill as wickerman RF according to necronomicon.

TL;DR:

Wicker man RF is not the same as player-RF, and gems work differently for spectres, e.a Chance to ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info