Fast melee builds?

So I recently died on my DW Sunder Marauder. Was fun. Looking for something in the melee category that is a fast paced build. Can anyone recommend something that is not to gear dependent for a new player?

Thanks!
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 5:59:06 PM
I'm coming from the exact same build with the exact same concern. I'm leveling a character right now to give Cyclone a try. I'm going to aim for this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1958926.
You are playing HC, right?

There are plenty of options, most fast paced cheap generic builds can use
, which is a very very budget friendly helmet for melee builds.

As from what you consider fast paced or style you like there are lots of options.

Facebreaker shieldcharge (need good amount of flat physical dmg on rings and amulet, easy to level with and your ancestral warchief totem can kill pretty much every boss for you).

Cleave, with the threshold jewel, that gives you fortify, essentially free fortify.

Sunder, which you just played.

Charged dash (haven't tried it yet, but it is good)

Cyclone isn't that fast paced, but very-very reliable and you have stun immunity while you spin.

Frost blades are good as well, but it is kind of mixed melee/ranged because it is projectile based.

HC yes. Thanks for the suggestions. I want some with fast travel speed and is a bit tanky. I will look into those builds you have suggested.
"

I'm currently playing Charged Dash, you would need a dedicated high MS build (more MS than the 30% boots) to make this a fast clearing build otherwise it's too stop and go, IMO.
Any other interesting builds out there? Not looking too interested in those ones above.
Flicker strike

it is fast and tons of fun

watching videos and actually playing is totally different though
i thought i would get a headache when i watched videos on it but it was totally ok when i played it

get a Oriath weapon effect and/or the purple herald effect for the weapon trails and it looks even better
Last edited by DravenValt on Aug 22, 2017, 2:42:31 PM
"
DravenValt wrote:
Flicker strike

i thought i would get a headache when i watched videos on it but it was totally ok when i played it

get a Oriath weapon effect and/or the purple herald effect for the weapon trails and it looks even better

Sounds like fun, I've seen videos of this. Can you recommend a good build?
"
Ironhead wrote:
"
DravenValt wrote:
Flicker strike

Sounds like fun, I've seen videos of this. Can you recommend a good build?
prepare to die a lot. I dont recommend it for higier levels. Try you see.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"

I'm currently playing Charged Dash, you would need a dedicated high MS build (more MS than the 30% boots) to make this a fast clearing build otherwise it's too stop and go, IMO.

I find this to be incorrect. My total movement modifier is 36%..nothing too crazy, and i clear super fast with charged dash.

You almost never have to charge it up fully. You hold for about half a second and then explode everything around you while moving.

Just pop a quick silver flask and run around, with a quick attack near mobs.
It plays a lot like cyclone for me actually, but with more damage.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info