Ghost Reaver + ES = no/wrong effect?!

Basically as title says...

More details:
I went for a templar with ghost reaver and ES. I intended to do some physical damage via basic attack / static strike. I expected to see some, not necessarily high, but visible leech effect on my ES. But i didnt. Instead, i had to wait several seconds an then the usual 2s delay regeneration kicked in. Before that absolutly no(!) change of the ES level was visible.
Some questions:

1. When does LL starts to work? Is the delay i observed bound to the 2s delay of ES?
2. Does it work with e.g. Static strike? Does the AOE part cause more LL instances as its wiki descriptions suppose and as such speeds up the ES regeneration process?
3. Which kind of skills cause LL at all? Everything beside spells?
4. Do all the keystones, that touch LL, work with Ghost Reaver (beside Vaal)?

Ty
Last edited by Torgrimnus on Aug 22, 2017, 1:42:54 PM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2017, 1:55:11 PM
I have hard time understanding what the actual problem is, but I see some confusion on your part regarding mechanics, which I would like to explain.

The start of ES recharge if it is not modified is 2 second.

ES recharge rate is 20% without modifiers, 10% with GR if you have no additional modifiers.

Lowlife bonus is "Pain attunement" which is a keystone, meaning if you are under 30% life, then your spells deal more dmg, static strike is an attack not spell.

Your build sounds strange as well, if you would be kind enough and make your character profile public we could dig a bit deeper into the problem.

Your account privacy options

Just remove the tickbox from the "Hide characters".
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 22, 2017, 1:11:29 PM
All right, I received your direct message, you don't have to edit the first message there you can just post into your thread any time you feel like writing something, but normally don't post more than 2 times in a row, only if you really want to bump the post, just like I do now.

So looking at your character.

* You have no source of leech
* Life gain on hit is not working with spells
* You are still very low level, and you have only 2 link items, so even if you had leech, it would be really low amount, since you deal very little damage. (I made this mistake as well, when I was new)
* ES builds require kind of expensive gear and most/every people level as life based and later respec into ES

You also need to think about what you want to do, either use spells or attacks, of course there are a lot of builds, that can use both, but those are very complex builds, using a lot of in game mechanics to make it possible.

It is normal to make a hot mess for first build, if you have fun with it you could keep playing it/test things, but looking up something on the build forums (normally the first post is a collection of builds), is something a lot of people do when they still need to learn a lot of things about the game, of course if you like to experiment yourself, that takes away a part of the fun, so it is up to you to decide how you want to learn to play the game.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 22, 2017, 1:58:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info