Somebody explain this league's economy to me

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Prices for top tier items are insane. I cant find an upgrade for my 1 c sword that is below 20 exalts.

Yeah, before the start of this league, I was debating whether to jump right into it or wait for a couple of weeks for the prices to drop, me being a casual player and all. Now I'm glad that I farmed like crazy for the first couple of weeks, and got everything I needed for endgame while it was still relatively affordable.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
I bought myself Kaom's Heart just a few days ago for 360c, now it's starting at 420c. A couple of days ago I was looking at Purity of Fire lvl 21, and it was around 60-70c. Today it's 90c.

ES got nerfed, so this league has MUCH more people playing life builds than previous leagues.
and that translates into a MUCH higher demand for Kaom's.
But the drop rate for Kaom's is still the same as in previous leagues, so we have the same supply at the same time as massively increased demand.
as more and more characters reach endgame and start looking for their kaoms, this will keep increasing over time.

regarding purity of fire: everybody is playing RF this league, but not that many people anticipated it happening, so there aren't too many lv20 PoF gems around to corrupt. again, high demand and low supply = rising prices. this will probably fizzle out over time because people will realize that leveling up some PoF gems in their off weapon slots can net them a big profit.
I sold a Koams almost a week ago for over 430 chaos. All the ones for sale were like 400+

I'm not sure why you think they were going for mid 300s recently. Unless you sniped a super lucky deal

"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
"
allana wrote:
Righteous fire is really popular now (it seems about 10% of players above level 68 or so are playing RF) so for the items that benefit it being expensive, it's just the nature of the game.

Nah, I can understand popular items being expensive. What I can't understand is popular items getting more expensive every day...

Fun part about kaoms is it went from 360 to 420 in a 8 hour period when I was sleeping, so I had to panic convert everything to chaos and buy the divination cards to get my kaoms before that 18 people who listed all of them decides to rise the price again.
This is the product of poor balance.

Prior, ES gear would go through these types of issues. Now since life is so much more OP than ES... Life gear is stupid expensive.

If GGG would properly balance their game instead of meta shift, then maybe then gear prices would be more equitable.

However, much like the whole ES/CI debacle, if one form of defense or EHP is greater than everything else all you do is shift the issue.

Kaom's heart provides nearly 2.5x to 3x the amount of health that even hybrid life rolls on a chest provide.

One funny thing that would come out of this whole shit show of an attempt at balance is that Kaom's Heart get nerfed again lol maybe 300 health? Who knows...

It's whatever mate just get what you can afford and have fun if you can...otherwise just stop playing until 3.1. Lots of people are already going that route.
"
BuDiu wrote:
I sold a Koams almost a week ago for over 430 chaos. All the ones for sale were like 400+

I'm not sure why you think they were going for mid 300s recently. Unless you sniped a super lucky deal

Bought mine for 360c less than a week ago. Back then I was watching the market, and Kaoms were going for 360-370c for a few days. I got lucky with a good fire dmg roll, but that's it. A couple of days later I checked the prices again to see if I rushed my purchase, and they were already selling for 380c+. Now they are 410-420c. I guess it was good to be an early bird in this league :)
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Same with Alpha Howl a long time ago. I remember me asking "Why is Alpha Howl 2 ex?". Answer: "Because everyone and their grandmother want an Alpha Howl".

Demand is high and on top of that the current trade system is very friendly to flipping & price-scamming which just add to it.

As for insta-leech-zerker, I can tell you that it blows. Why? Sure you can facetank a lot of content. But then you get a crit in your face from some boss or a volatile or an exploding harbinger on T15-16 and you just vaporize instantly because your hp pool is only like 5k.
So I was facetanking Springs boss, I was 100% HP non stop and when he got to 20% hp suddenly I just died. Boom just like that. I suppose it was a crit but yeah... Great mechanics...

^ Especially fun in beachhead map because dynamic resolution scaling doesn't work vs lag builds like whispering ice, magma orb, discharge and such all in your party. Or it activates too late. Like your FPS goes down, then a few seconds later the resolution scaling kicks in but by that time they move to another mob pack on beachead and thus the client is constantly scaling resolution up, down, up, down, up, down, etc. and always too late :/
Last edited by Squirting_Elephant on Aug 22, 2017, 5:49:31 PM
The reason why expensive items are continuing to increase in price is because the longer the league goes on the richer people become and so demand for those high ticket items increases. Initially they start off selling quite cheaply because there are few people who can afford them and so the seller must decrease the price in order to make a quick sale.
The problem is a combination of ES being dead, inflation of currency, and the fact that GGG has evidently nerfed the shit right out of drop rates for good gear. I have played for 2 of the 3 weeks and haven't found jack shit worth pulling out of a map. Now I just roll jewels and sell them.
"
Firestrike_O wrote:
The problem is a combination of ES being dead, inflation of currency, and the fact that GGG has evidently nerfed the shit right out of drop rates for good gear. I have played for 2 of the 3 weeks and haven't found jack shit worth pulling out of a map. Now I just roll jewels and sell them.

Droprates nerfed? I don't remember ever finding any good gear to begin with, so it should be just the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info