Somebody explain this league's economy to me

Here's something I can't quite wrap my head around: we are in week 3 of the league, the prices of low-end items have already dropped to where they should be, but good gear keeps getting more expensive every day. I bought myself Kaom's Heart just a few days ago for 360c, now it's starting at 420c. A couple of days ago I was looking at Purity of Fire lvl 21, and it was around 60-70c. Today it's 90c. Same thing is happening with amulets/rings/belts with decent stats, and don't even get me started on life + damage jewels - the prices of those are climbing at an insane rate. WTF is happening? I understand that demand is increasing as more people are reaching higher levels and start looking for top-end gear, and the currency is getting somewhat devalued as people are grinding more of it, but should't it be compensated by increased supply? Or did GGG tweak the drop rates of high-end items in 3.0 to slow down the players' progress?
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Aug 22, 2017, 3:47:35 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2017, 8:09:57 AM
You didn't know that prices were all just made up? There's no logic behind it.
Perhaps smaller supply, so that sellers can get away with higher prices? At least in hardcore, I imagine that proportionally less people are reaching higher levels now - new act bosses seem to be more rippy than the old run-four-acts-three-times schpiel, where it was hard to die at all before reaching maps.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Aug 22, 2017, 4:12:41 AM
flavor of the month items always get more expensive. Righteous fire is really popular now (it seems about 10% of players above level 68 or so are playing RF) so for the items that benefit it being expensive, it's just the nature of the game.

Guess it's a good idea to start leveling some purities of fire to sell!
"
allana wrote:
Righteous fire is really popular now (it seems about 10% of players above level 68 or so are playing RF) so for the items that benefit it being expensive, it's just the nature of the game.

Nah, I can understand popular items being expensive. What I can't understand is popular items getting more expensive every day...
Last legue I bought Belly of beast for like 9-10C. This season tehy cost over 80c, almost 10 fold. Anyone can explain why. More life builds this league?
"
kiadaw wrote:
Last legue I bought Belly of beast for like 9-10C. This season tehy cost over 80c, almost 10 fold. Anyone can explain why. More life builds this league?

Yeah, everybody and their brother have gone life this league. I wonder how insta-leech zerkers are doing in terms of gear prices - they must be even more popular than RF builds...
prices on high end always rise for at least the first month, this has been true of every league where ive paid attention to the market.

Ill use skyforths as an example. In some previous leagues Ive seen the first few pairs go up for 7-8 exalts, and hardly anyone actually has 7 exalts to pay for them. Then they rise to 12 as people can start to afford 12, then 16, 2 to 4 weeks in they might be 18-25. By the end of the league they were 40 because they were also 40 in standard at the time and the price of virtually everything will move to match standard by the end of the league because only ppl who care about standard will care about items or currency by that point. Other items will rise beyond their standard price and then drop back down to it.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Aug 22, 2017, 5:48:28 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:

Previous league practically no one played life builds, this league everyone plays life builds.
Prices for top tier items are insane. I cant find an upgrade for my 1 c sword that is below 20 exalts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info