I like life builds, but man I miss seeing build diversity.

I think I've seen only one CI build since 3.0 launched, and even then the post is prefaced by a statement that it's not viable in end game content since even with leech you can't survive the incoming damage from that tier of content.

I don't think GGG minds people facetanking things like Shaper Beam. It's a fun thing to do if you're able to do it and that's what PoE is all about - dreaming shit up and making builds. I think they changed ES so that there would be build diversity, a mixed bag of life, low life and ES builds across the board. They went too hard at it though I think.

Anyone else agree?
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 8:47:57 PM
Their goal was never some lofty notion of balance in the first place. They want to progressively nerf player power until a certain unknown baseline is achieved.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
They never make a serious effort at balance ever. Its ALWAYS a meta shift.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I don't see the problem, ES has been king for so long it deserved to be put into the dirt.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't see the problem, ES has been king for so long it deserved to be put into the dirt.

Yea you think its ok for a mechanic to be so bad its not used? I think GGG has a spot for you on their balance team.

ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Honestly they should have just deleted VP from the game. Instaleech is never good game design, even D3 realized this. The nerfs to ES and CI hurt more builds than it fixed broken ones.
"
Honestly they should have just deleted VP from the game. Instaleech is never good game design, even D3 realized this. The nerfs to ES and CI hurt more builds than it fixed broken ones.

VP is the bandaid to overthetop spikedmg that can only be negated by VP or going turbodefensive / hit and run techniques.

as long as there are so many modcombinations on mobs along with mapmods VP HAS to stay , the skills and skillgems were never the problem.

layer of layer of power on mobs and incredibly raised boss HP is the real issue along with no alternative to absolutely haveing to STACK ALL THE DEFS while maintaining a relatively healthy DMG.

people want to become powerful and godlike , if an RPGcrawler won´t let you do that - what´s the reason to play it at all longterm?

People already leave 2-3-4weeks into a league and never touch standart , except in standart you can become godlike - but temporarily here for most of the playerbase not so much.

GGG has put out too many things , and are now overwhelmed how to balance it out - they´re branching the game on XBONE and PS4 , China PoE will probably become better than regular PoE.

wish i was joking.
That's my point also. THey introduce things so hard that can kill you in a blink unless you have the ability to instantly leech.

They shouldn't make an entire mechanic (and a really unique one at that) like energy shield redundant just because it was stronger than the other alternatives.

They need to change the way end game damage works, or make the other build types (hybrid, low life and Mind over Matter builds) stronger and on the same level as Pure ES with instant leech.

I mean, they clearly don't have a problem with instant leech, since it still works with HP, and you can still get like 14k life if you have top end gear and use Kaoms.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Yea you think its ok for a mechanic to be so bad its not used? I think GGG has a spot for you on their balance team.

The reason it's not used is not because it's unplayable.

The reason it's not used anymore is because the people who used it before were spoiled meta babies who can only see themselves using it at ridiculous OP values that trivialize content.

Simple yes or no question: You find 20K ES, insta leech with 4 mill dps okay?

There are a few people playing ES builds (be it CI or low life) in it's current form on HC included. End game has been cleared with it. It's just not massively played because most see it as a nerf that made it unplayable. However this opinion is formed from hot air and not actual experience from trying it.

Give it time for the crying to blow over and more people will try it and see it performs well. It just won't over perform as it did for years.

What they did to it to make it NOT the obvious choice is the definition of balance.

"
Nephalim wrote:
Their goal was never some lofty notion of balance in the first place. They want to progressively nerf player power until a certain unknown baseline is achieved.

This is absolute unfounded nonsense with no tether to reality what so ever. It's just hearsay from an unhappy player and that's okay. Just don't be foolish enough to take it as a fact.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
I mean, they clearly don't have a problem with instant leech, since it still works with HP, and you can still get like 14k life if you have top end gear and use Kaoms.

Let's put this in perspective. 9k life with great gear, end-game. 5k life on average with decent, but cheap gear end-game, at least for those moderately investing in life. See that 9k difference between 5k and 14k you mention? That's the problem. GGG has no clue how to balance end-game. So they screw up everything else in the process.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info