[3.0] Two-Button Cleave Gladiator - Run most map mods, do all Guardians - Be super relaxed.

"
Zoda_Jones wrote:
Heya!

Just got back to the game and decided to roll a gladiator for nostalgia. Bought up most of the gear needed for this build (Red nightmare, surrender, a very hard hitting mace, found an old vulnerability on hit veruso's in my stash etc). Seen a +1 curse Anvil on the chat for cheap, so I bought it and it made me think. What do you think about using a Reckoning+Curse on hit+punishment+inc aoe setup? They could go on The Surrender as they wouldn't need to be linked to Riposte there afaik, as the item provides the reckoning. Or maybe just make a 2nd setup with Riposte+inc duration to apply it at least against bosses (where it is needed the most).

I'm lucky with my vulnerability gloves, as it can carry my CWDT setup, so I have the sockets to spare.

The mace I found on POE trade got me to use Sunder, but eventually I want to try Cleave for the free fortify.

Thoughts on using vulnerability on hit Asenath's Gentle Touch with +1 curse ammy?

I absolutely approve of curse on hit punishment when using a +1 amulet. I would do it myself if I had one. +1 curse asenaths is also good if you can spare the health and resists and potentially damage that come from gloves if you can afford it.

"
Quixote77 wrote:
Like the tankiness of the build a lot. Do you make any changes to your setup for Hall of the Grandmasters (e.g. using the antiblock gem) or run it as usual?

For hall of grandmasters I use the same gear I do for clearing maps. Chaos res is important. I do not use the antiblock gem as it is not good enough for this build and also requires different coloured sockets (1 green). There are only 3 exiles in there I can't kill by simply holding right click on them. Youll know them when you see them, they dont attack, they just flicker on you occasionally and have a cast when damage taken setup (which the surrender counters entirely).

To kill them, equip a doryanis catalyst, a tabula rase, and in the tabula socket scroching ray (L20) - burn dmg - ele focus - swift affliction - efficacy - iron will. This requires a lot of int. get an amulet with over 100 int if you can, and a helmet with over 50 int. get rings with int aswell if you need them (i dont). simply swap all this gear on and use scorching ray to kill them. it cant be blocked and it wont proc cwdt because its not damage, its a degen. I have absolutely nothing else to boost the dmg of scorching ray and this kills them 100% of the time, so it will always work.

Note, only kill these exiles when it is safe to do so (no other exiles around) as you will be super squish, but otherwise in absolutely no danger.
Why did you leave Beserking? Its 18% increased attack speed for 3 points, I suppose thats relatively better than 4% and 3% increased attack speed nodes on the tree.
Hi, I dont know if you are still checking this guide, but I got some thoughts and ideas about this build.
1. This build is avaliable for hardcore. Tested myself in ssfhc enviorment and it was just fine leveling with 2 close calls (a7 gruthkull and a10 kitava - both at my 20% hp had to logout - can be avoided with overlevel and/or better geat). Died at lvl 77 cuz my pc is from stoneage and died to lag spike (couldnt log or drink flasks).
2. Perservance belt for onalaught - loss of 300+- hp getting more clearspeed and smoother repositioning with multistrike.
3. Steel rings for more dps (essence crafted with phys), but they add cost to already high budget with nightmare, belly and surrender in new leauge.How about voidherth for maximum bleed chance?
4. As budget option perhaps bringer of rain + anvil to block cap. For weapon in ssf one man can farm Pit map for Kings blade div card and then try to aug-regal-vagan craft it for decent weaponry.
5. How about bladeflurry for maximazing single target? Ofc colours but can be done with second 6L (expensive) or forgetting cleave and goig for pure BF or swapping with reave.
6. Pantheon- soul of arakaali (upgraded first one I think - not sure) with cwdt - blood rage- ic for more powerfull life gain on block-leech-regen.

I'm definetly going to do this build in the abyss leauge due to comfortable playstyle and tankiness. Not hc this time :D
Hey, just a noob question here.
I'm starting the Abyss League with that build and I enjoy the leveling so far, but I was wondering if Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun could replace your Leap Slam / Whirling Blades setup.
I was thinking maybe the extra tankiness could help since I won't have Red Nightmare for quite a while, or do you value the ability to go over walls with Leap Slam more ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info