[3.0] Magma Orb by Paige | Videos | Uber Atziri/Guardians/Shaper Down | Leveling Guide | Budget

"
Vertiblade wrote:
Any reason Immolate support isn't used?

Elemental Focus makes that gem useless. it's not very strong regardless.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Ciaphas01 wrote:
Is there any particular reason you chose Marauder over a more spellcastery class? Was it purely for access to Berserker and Cloaked in Savagery? (I can't access poeplanner at work, but I'm assuming you're taking Vaal Pact.)

I've found Berserker is great all around for most builds because of the free leech and 40% more damage. And generally just those two things are more than enough to make up for whatever other ascendancy choices are available.

I don't think I've ran a build this league where their ascendancy makes up for almost half of your entire damage, and free leech, it's pretty crazy. Plus Marauder is nice because you start right at some crazy life nodes so it's pretty easy to get 200%+ life without trying much at all.
I totally get that, but if you were to choose a different ascendancy, what would that be and why?
"
xour wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Ciaphas01 wrote:
Is there any particular reason you chose Marauder over a more spellcastery class? Was it purely for access to Berserker and Cloaked in Savagery? (I can't access poeplanner at work, but I'm assuming you're taking Vaal Pact.)

I've found Berserker is great all around for most builds because of the free leech and 40% more damage. And generally just those two things are more than enough to make up for whatever other ascendancy choices are available.

I don't think I've ran a build this league where their ascendancy makes up for almost half of your entire damage, and free leech, it's pretty crazy. Plus Marauder is nice because you start right at some crazy life nodes so it's pretty easy to get 200%+ life without trying much at all.
I totally get that, but if you were to choose a different ascendancy, what would that be and why?

Uhm Inquis, which is what I'm leveling right now for a different build plan, but I'm sure I'll give Magma Orb a try on it once I'm finished with that.

Just for its crazy Ele Pen synergy with crit and strong damage choices.

Do I think it'll end up better than Zerker? I'm doubtful.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
Do I think it'll end up better than Zerker? I'm doubtful.
Agree. Thanks for answer!
So did anyone honestly lvl with magma orb all the way to 70? Im lvling as warchief cause the totem node is near and it makes stuff a bit easier. But when i change to magma orb im at like 340dps,compared to 5k warchief .

Might be my poorly spell wand compared to warchief weapon but still,the difference is huge for lvling. Cant wait til i can finally start using magma orb.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Aug 31, 2017, 9:46:48 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:
So did anyone honestly lvl with magma orb all the way to 70? Im lvling as warchief cause the totem node is near and it makes stuff a bit easier. But when i change to magma orb im at like 340dps,compared to 5k warchief .

Might be my poorly spell wand compared to warchief weapon but still,the difference is huge for lvling. Cant wait til i can finally start using magma orb.

Have you tried using it in combat over totems?

Magma Orb tooltip is completely irrelevant as it isn't properly calculating a lot of factors which makes the skill as strong as it is. I'm leveling an Inquis and I went with Firestorm as it's pretty OP to level with but Magma Orb is definitely viable, especially once you get the 2 jewels.

But I mean totems are super strong to level with as well, just a playstyle I don't personally enjoy.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 31, 2017, 9:55:22 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:

I started trying to level as attack build cause had some uniques for +dmg, swapped to magma orb at around 30~ and wished i had done it earlier, AoE is insane with 3-4+ projs and doesn't leave stragglers 99% of the time, just magma once/twice and move, was using a +1 tabula which helped a lot, rest was mostly crappy uniques that i was too lazy to swap and didn't help at all.

Just hit 71, first time doing the new acts, best leveling experience i've had in PoE so far, magma orb is just really satisfying to use idk, single-target was lacking a bit through acts 5-7 cause of gem level and gear i was wearing/didnt swap gems for bosses, now to maps!

Current gear:
Spoiler

Been trying to sell that devoto's for weeks but no one wanted it, i'm really glad it didn't sell now.
Also tried Sire but feels like the projectiles end up spreading too much, wasn't using GMP/Dying sun though, might re-test later
"
Phosphenez wrote:

I started trying to level as attack build cause had some uniques for +dmg, swapped to magma orb at around 30~ and wished i had done it earlier, AoE is insane with 3-4+ projs and doesn't leave stragglers 99% of the time, just magma once/twice and move, was using a +1 tabula which helped a lot, rest was mostly crappy uniques that i was too lazy to swap and didn't help at all.

Just hit 71, first time doing the new acts, best leveling experience i've had in PoE so far, magma orb is just really satisfying to use idk, single-target was lacking a bit through acts 5-7 cause of gem level and gear i was wearing/didnt swap gems for bosses, now to maps!

Appreciate your feedback. (:

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Deadbringer wrote:

SHeet dps ...it doesn't matter.

I leveled to 68 with it just fine but I used cast when channeling, scorching ya with it to get around the mana cost.

P.S. Paige:

Got it!

Otherwise was a rather bad day. Spent 300 chaos in essences trying to get fire dmg% /cast speed/life.

naughta.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 1, 2017, 2:47:46 AM
Hi Paige, I have a freezing marauder from your other build, do you think its possible to switch to this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info