Should I attempt killing Kitava with my HC witch or is it too risky?

Pretty sure your HP is in one shot territory.

Since you've mentioned taking all the HP nodes and still wonder how to achieve higher HP, i suggest realizing that the nodes are percent modifiers of the hard HP values you already have, meaning get gear with more HP and you'll get a high return on them from the nodes. Make a life ring or belt and try to get double HP stats (and mana are you Mind over matter?) and use it just for the boss fight if you need to.

Once you get maybe 4.2kish HP (its HC so strive for more) and you have watched the videos and learn to recognize this one shot attacks and how to avoid them...then give it a try.

You could go for it and have no problem if you understand Kitava mechanics. However with one shot attacks even dropping a portal next to you wont save you.

Its a risk.

Personally im still farming gear eventhough im 75 on HC, for the after kitava element resist nerf, id rather do it while capped my HP is i think 4.2k and ill go into the fight only after ive memorized his attacks and what to watch for.

Still for me, id prefer to have capped resists AFTER i kill him so im just farming away like its old school POE not even concerned with the fact im over leveled. Ill probably try for killing it on my day off even if i dont have all my upgraded gear though.
just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Aug 22, 2017, 11:02:06 AM
You can use some abilities in Kitava fight, that could help:

Phase Run
Purity of Fire
Fire Resis Flask

At around 20% she will repeatly do its map wide fire spell, be prepared for this phase.
Last edited by Fumina on Aug 22, 2017, 12:40:34 PM
OP here!

I just made my character public (HCToothFairy). Not sure how it works... let me know if I need to link it somehow.

If anyone could have a look and let me know what I should do to improve my odds of surviving the Kitava fight, let me know.

3 specific questions:

I'm currently using Ice nova totems in a 5L armor. Should I swap Added Chaos Damage for Cold Penetration?

I'm using Arsenath's Gloves that does temporal chains on anything my Ice Nova touch. It generally helps a lot but should I consider getting gloves with +HP for the Kitava fight?

Does Kitava do any chaos damage? Can I saccrifice some chaos resist for higher HP?

Also, I'm offering 10 chaos to anyone who could kill Kitava for me...
Message me in game: ggToothFairy.
IGN : HCToothFairy
Last edited by SmoothOp on Aug 22, 2017, 8:49:12 PM
"
Fumina wrote:
You can use some abilities in Kitava fight, that could help:

Phase Run
Purity of Fire
Fire Resis Flask

At around 20% she will repeatly do its map wide fire spell, be prepared for this phase.

That fire breath is a BITCH. I have only found one safe place for it, and thats on the very opposite end that it starts in the corner.
So i bit the bullet and decided to do kitava without having the next round of resists capped...

Anyway...just make sure to have a portal popped right off the bat and use your movement skill to get to it, keep it centered to the back.

I didnt even bother watching videos on him (basically d3 baal fight which was disappointing)

Anyway with the portal centered and 4.3k life i was able to make it out several times before death, even following the arm swipe attack along the way. I nearly died about 4 times but was able to gtfo in time, then pop back put a portal up and continue the fight.

Wasnt really that hard, though i did nearly die due to not knowing the fight which was stupid on hc.

Anyway, just go in there make sure your close enough to make it out the portal during the fire breath and arm swipe which were the hardest to avoid....his other attacks like the ground effect red thing and pulsating orb of death were kinda easy to avoid, though the add spam didnt help with that.

Go in and wing it, just be sure you can get out while taking massive damage...if its too risky you can bail and redo the fight later.

"
I didnt even bother watching videos on him (basically d3 baal fight which was disappointing)

I think you meant belial and I am guessing you never played d3 prior to reaper of souls. (belial inferno was one of the big scaries).
Played D3 since launch, just like POE.

Been a LONG time since i've had to do normal D3 content since they changed the content distribution...havent gotten the necromancer which would have me play the normal content again.

Not saying the fight wasn't hard, especially waay back when act2 was an absolute nightmare, just was disappointed to see the general mechanics used as the keystone boss fight for the new poe content is all.

Since i winged the kitava fight, i knew there was going to be a nasty arm swipe, but maybe because thats how it was for act5 and i don't remember it.

Was easier than dominus was back when that was the last boss imo, which is fine since its HC and i lived lol.

As long as you can live to get to the portal and out its not all that bad, though with 4.3k life i'm guaranteeing you id have ripped 4 times if i had anything less than 4.2k life. Literally ran with the arm swipe twice to the portal out which was stupid but i didn't know how to see it coming. Definately got the heart racing which is all i can ask for on a boss fight.

One thing really irks me....all that loot that kitava dropped and im *poof* to the next zone loot rots somewhere i cant get back to quickly....whats the point of loot if they dont let me loot it?
"
Not saying the fight wasn't hard, especially waay back when act2 was an absolute nightmare, just was disappointed to see the general mechanics used as the keystone boss fight for the new poe content is all.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, GGG have a track record of "borrowing" inspiration from other sources. I believe it comes from their indie background.
I would try something like this: https://pastebin.com/dQehcaKg

For Kitava, you can use Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect. You can also use Controlled Destruction, since the loss in crit chance is compensated by the DPS increase from the more modifier, and you can't freeze Kitava anyway (not just because you use Elemental Focus, you are doing far too little damage).
Use the Brine King pantheon power instead of the stun avoidance chance. You also need a movement skill setup, such as Whirling Blades, Lightning Warp or Flame Dash. Whirling Blades you should support with leveled Faster Attacks and Fortify. If you go with Lightning Warp, you should buy leveled Less Duration and Faster Casting gems to support it.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
OP, with 3.2K HP you are at the risk of geting oneshot by any of Kitava's attacks, in any of the phases. One small mistake, one misplay, and you are done. His minions deal absurd damage as well.
Mind that the difficulty of the fight got nothing to do with anything you've experienced yet.

I personally wouldn't even try him on HC below 4.5K, unless there're layers of reliable sources of defense - MoM, high block/spell, armor/endu charges.

Anything else is dancing on the edge, prayers, and mostly portal cheezing.

You are on your way to soon realize what kind of a massive cockblock ggg put infront of the HC players.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info