[3.0] Kondo's Pride pure phys Cycloner - Deathless shaper down

So this is perhaps the cheapest starter build which has the potential to grow easily into a shaper farming one with some investment.

It revolves around the unique and high Physical DPS sword

This sword grants a 50% increased damage vs enemies which are bleeding, also a 50% chance of applying bleeding with critical hits, another 30% of bliding enemies on crit and the "cannot leech life from critical strikes" which we can safely ignore as explained below.
The blind is very useful on Boss fights, as a blind boss has less chance of hitting you!

Pure physical
Spoiler

Pure physical means we will only deal physical damage, no elemental or chaos because of

so as a matter of fact we cannot use auras which add elemental damage because it will be ignored.
Our only way to deal more damage is to scale melee physical damage and the only benefical flask is

Leveling and bandits

Spoiler

As with any physical damage build, just grab any 2H sword with the highest physical DPS for your level, in case of a fresh league, you can use essences or alterations to craft rare 2H swords with reasonable damage

You can level with sunder and any 2H Axe/Mace or use 2H swords and viper strike with melee spash which is godly for bosses.

Leveling trees
25 Points [~lvl 20]: http://poeurl.com/butU
50 Points [~lvl 40]: http://poeurl.com/butV
75 Points [~lvl 60]: http://poeurl.com/butY

Ascendancy
Aim for the lab as soon as you feel comfortable with the damage, which probably means you should be
able to complete the normal lab around level 35/36, and take Endless Hunger this will further increase your sustain during leveling making it easy to compensate for the eventual lack of resist caps.

Bandits:
Help Oak as all of his bonuses are directly benefiting your gameplay

Gems and defenses
Spoiler

As the title implies we're using Cyclone and supporting it with (in order of importance):
Brutality | Melee Physical Damage | Ruthless | Faster Attacks | Maim

Movement
I'm using leap slam with faster attacks, endurance charge on melee stun and fortify; I'm moving with leap slam mainly on difficult maps with lots of damage modifiers to keep fortify always active

Totem
An Ancestral Warchief in a 4L setup almost doubles our DPS output if placed near a boss with the following support gems:
Faster Attacks | Melee Physical Damage | Bloodlust

Auras and curses
I'm running a Haste aura which increases movement and attack speed
Then for curses I'm using Blasphemy paired with Punishment as it further increases our damage output by granting us more damage and increased attack speed for a short time while we get hit by cursed enemies
Although it doesn't count as an aura, we use Blood rage which grant us increased attack speed and another 1.2% Physical damage leech (which brings it to 4.74% in my case)

Defenses
Our primary defense is actually a moderate HP Pool (aim for 6.5K at lvl 90) and the huge leech provided by our ascendancy and passive nodes

Gear and priorities
Spoiler

Objective number one is always to cap your resists, then stack as much Strength and HP as you can on every item, as every 5 points grant you +1% melee physical damage bonus, which means that with 500 Str which is easily achievable you get a +100% melee physical damage modifier :D Of course don't forget that 2 STR = 1 HP which also get increased by our passive tree bonuses (around 200%)

A natural upgrade for this build would be a starforge, the sword which drops only from the shaper
My Items
Spoiler

Final Tree: http://poeurl.com/buie

Videos
Spoiler

Screenshots with damage
Spoiler

Cyclone Offence in Hideout:

Cyclone Offence buffed in a map

Last edited by dinotromba on Aug 24, 2017, 6:43:35 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2017, 7:40:54 AM
Congrats on the shaper kill, this looks like a pretty interesting variation. Is it worth taking out RT for the disemboweling circle even without much crit anywhere else?
With swords (which grant tons of flat accuracy) and fast attack speed in my view RT is not worth it, cyclone has close to 8 APS so even if 1 of them misses is not a big deal, plus using the sword with 50% bleed on crit and another 50% bleed chance from tree means that everything will be bleeding once you pass trough a pack and another overlooked benefit of that sword is that it grants 50% increased damage vs bleeding targets :) The "cannot leech from critical strikes" is mitigated by the slayer endless hunger.

So in conclusion RT is not worth it, the damage increase from critical strikes is considerable (around 20/30% on tooltip)
Hi bro kinda interested going in for this build, whats the dps range for this build, is using Starforge also would be a huge difference?
So this is the cheapest build I've ever had fun with, Kondo's pride is an excellent and very cheap sword (i'm afraid it won't be for long) and the only natural build upgrade is of course a starforge, as soon as i drop one will update the build with the DPS images.

With existing gear and fully buffed i have around 190K Tooltip DPS, in HO with only a Haste aura it's 62K DPS
Have you considered conc effect or damage on full life instead of attack speed? I haven't tested it but I feel like they would give a nice bump.
"
Moemed wrote:
Have you considered conc effect or damage on full life instead of attack speed? I haven't tested it but I feel like they would give a nice bump.

Blood rage doesn't work with full life, also based on my tests faster attacks is the best choice for most bosses where your buffs expire (like onslaught) or you're chilled.
Ive been playing around with this build and have been having alot of fun. One of the better cheap and sleek builds ive seen so far!
"
dinotromba wrote:
"
Moemed wrote:

Blood rage doesn't work with full life, also based on my tests faster attacks is the best choice for most bosses where your buffs expire (like onslaught) or you're chilled.

If I recall correctly, the overleech keeps you at full life even with bloodrage and does proc damage at full life. The number shown on your health globe is below max because of rounding, but it's technically at full life.

Build looks dope, A+
punishment
do you get the buff when you hit them or when they hit you ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info