Golemancer Question

CI elementalist will probably still have the highest effective health you can get. I use 2 blasphemy curses and discipline as well and the build is very safe

here's a deathless shaper from 3.0 league. I've been playing this character 3 leagues in a row, great for everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dls2_YWkDd4
"
allana wrote:
CI elementalist will probably still have the highest effective health you can get. I use 2 blasphemy curses and discipline as well and the build is very safe

here's a deathless shaper from 3.0 league. I've been playing this character 3 leagues in a row, great for everything

Thanks allana but I play HC - I don't know that 6k ES will work for me. What do you think of a hybrid build with MoM?
"
dsata wrote:
"
allana wrote:

Thanks allana but I play HC - I don't know that 6k ES will work for me. What do you think of a hybrid build with MoM?

It's closer to 7k. You won't get up to 10k without going for a shield which will lower your damage.

Essentially you won't get as much effective health without skimping on something - you can't get 7k life easily while keeping the 12 jewel slots. ES will give you the biggest bang for your buck

However, if you want to go for a life build I would go scion elementalist + juggernaut and spec something like this:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQEACRAAAH2-vILkkBF7w7fW21ktqL6A2E2UoNpiGFbG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7Grjwtg18LYa9saPLwH6IABLPE9nKpidhoWNeW9zLqGPjr891oZayqWfNyD5RvZlQaOJBVJy92rM9-FHHZfIIHwQR5aKluwBpvO2EhhO_awXTtBS1kowHchNlHfr02ZU0uU9Nveu94DbXyNZLYvf6PTeOmVzrh8kX-CsBmRUcy0evuHNyPGprgRZ1TUqcIj0ZR-80WHxgdFPrSFm_jaiSqNumboffXrJg6WFXGg9t34xEPOw3v6-KtCdnKRiBZAMGEU-_97pB34mCzAAAAAAA=

Here you get 238% increased life and 12 jewel sockets, with easy access to MoM and eldritch battery if you want to. I would still recommend going 2 or 3 curses with blasphemy since it's such a huge QoL. You lose out on golems being immortal but if you're not planning on cheesing shaper since you play HC any way, won't really matter for most content. They are still super tanky with 20% life reg per second.

Ideal chest for you would probably be a belly of the beast but rolling 4 blue on it can be tricky
"
allana wrote:
"
dsata wrote:
"
allana wrote:

It's closer to 7k. You won't get up to 10k without going for a shield which will lower your damage.

Essentially you won't get as much effective health without skimping on something - you can't get 7k life easily while keeping the 12 jewel slots. ES will give you the biggest bang for your buck

However, if you want to go for a life build I would go scion elementalist + juggernaut and spec something like this:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAQEACRAAAH2-vILkkBF7w7fW21ktqL6A2E2UoNpiGFbG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7Grjwtg18LYa9saPLwH6IABLPE9nKpidhoWNeW9zLqGPjr891oZayqWfNyD5RvZlQaOJBVJy92rM9-FHHZfIIHwQR5aKluwBpvO2EhhO_awXTtBS1kowHchNlHfr02ZU0uU9Nveu94DbXyNZLYvf6PTeOmVzrh8kX-CsBmRUcy0evuHNyPGprgRZ1TUqcIj0ZR-80WHxgdFPrSFm_jaiSqNumboffXrJg6WFXGg9t34xEPOw3v6-KtCdnKRiBZAMGEU-_97pB34mCzAAAAAAA=

Here you get 238% increased life and 12 jewel sockets, with easy access to MoM and eldritch battery if you want to. I would still recommend going 2 or 3 curses with blasphemy since it's such a huge QoL. You lose out on golems being immortal but if you're not planning on cheesing shaper since you play HC any way, won't really matter for most content. They are still super tanky with 20% life reg per second.

Ideal chest for you would probably be a belly of the beast but rolling 4 blue on it can be tricky

Awesome feedback - I am so over rerolling heros and even though I'm level 45 almost, I have no patience to reroll.

That said, you think MoM and pure ES is solid then?

I really love this build especially with the shield and the way it interacts with phase run - how do you feel about it? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/61
Not a big fan. You'll get less damage and less survivability most likely

you should replace your empower gem with spell echo as well. I would maybe use an empower 4, but nothing lower =P
"
allana wrote:

you should replace your empower gem with spell echo as well. I would maybe use an empower 4, but nothing lower =P

Can the rest of his gear work as I got the vertex and rainbow strides.. also enhance etc.. bummer I thought the build looked solid.
Last edited by dsata on Aug 22, 2017, 3:52:55 AM
"
dsata wrote:
"
allana wrote:

Can the rest of his gear work as I got the vertex and rainbow strides.. also enhance etc.. bummer I thought the build looked solid.

I mean, don't let me discourage you. There are plenty of different golem builds on the forum and not surprisingly I favor my own, because of how well it's done me in the past and how well it continues to play. For example rather than enhance on enfeeble, I would prefer temporal chains as well - which adds a ton of survivability. I think having 6 golems + 10 harmonies for a total of 600% increased damage is the most solid choice as well
"
dsata wrote:
"
allana wrote:

I also play golems/HC and agree. 6K, even 7K is fundamentally riskier than 8K if your goal is Shaper. 8K can be the difference between dying to a lingering Bullet Hell projectile vs. being able to survive. As it's only a single aspect of Shaper, it might not sound like a big deal, but I think Bullet Hell is the sketchiest part of the entire fight, as he sometimes attempts to laser you from offscreen before all the projectiles have cleared out. Everything else about the fight is pretty much cake. The link shows what had to be a graphical glitch where one of the bullet hell projectiles wasn't drawn in (sidenote: I don't know if it's possible to do Shaper deathless without Anima/Might anymore now that Shaper nerfs your portals).

If you are patient and/or wealthy, I believe hybrid (with Esh's then Shav's when you want to return to dual Clayshapers), not CI, is the way to go in HC 3.0. You are looking at about 1K more EHP vs. CI for comparable rolls on gear. Apologies for quoting my own build guide, but I went into a fair degree of detail and PoB comparison of the different archetypes and don't feel like re-typing everything:

3.0 Tree (Path of Building) & CI vs. Hybrid vs. Life

CI: 6998-9081 ES LVL 95 Tree

Double T2 ES/ES% rolls: 6998 ES
(PoB import code)

Double T1 ES/ES% rolls: 7961 ES
(PoB import code)

Max ES rolls (3x T1 ES/ES%/hybrid): 9081 ES
(PoB import code)

* can get more ES with INT rolls

Hybrid Shav's: 8113-10076 EHP LVL 94 Tree

Triple T2 Life/ES/ES% rolls: 8113 EHP (2914+5199 HP/ES)
(PoB import code)

Triple T1 Life/ES/ES% rolls: 8789 EHP (3044+5745 HP/ES)
(PoB import code)

+Presence of Chayula: 10076 EHP (2707+7369 HP/ES)
(PoB import code)

Cheaper Esh's Hybrid: 9810 EHP LVL 94 Tree

Esh's Visage and T2 Gear: 9810 EHP (3156+6654 HP/ES)
(PoB import code)

* works while you're farming for Shav's
* need to drop Wrath aura and lose 1 golem to use (low MP caveat)
* while using Esh's, spec 1 point into MoM for ~+500 EHP

re: Life/Hybrid/MoM

Trying to build this into a life tree was like trying to shoehorn a pig's foot into Cinderella's glass slippers. It just felt unbalanced and didn't achieve much more EHP. I tried several different combinations and ended up with around:

HP: 4000
MP: 600-1200 (MoM; drop Discipline)
ES: 3000

This gives you about 8K-9K EHP, depending on your rolls (PoB import code).

Now, you could push for 5K HP, but this involves a combination of sacrifices:
- jewel nodes
- minion nodes
- defense
- Arctic Armour
- key immunities

Remember, you only get 3 out of 5 desired prefixes on any given piece of armor:
+life
+life/defense hybrid
+mana
+defense
+%defense
So getting +mana or +life/def on one of your gear slots means you're sacrificing one of the other main prefixes.

Don't get me wrong. 8K is still more than enough for endgame, but I personally wouldn't play this on HC due to chaos damage. One might think, "Chaos damage, who cares?" Normally you wouldn't, as it's uncommon enough to become an afterthought, but it can really take you by surprise sometimes. For example, when you want to run Uber Atziri and Otherworldly Vaal Constructs shooting waves of chaos spitballs at you from offscreen... it can really ruin your day :P What makes it worse (and this might be the key for me), the HP bubble contrasts really poorly against dark maps, especially if you have a good amount of ES.

Anyway, maybe there's something I'm overlooking that you can improve on. If so, please feel free to tinker with the PoB profile I linked above and let me know how it goes

The PoB profiles linked above are populated with full sets of generic dummy armor, so feel free to import and play around with them. (Path of Building download link)

TL;DR:
ES
- is still okay
- not godly anymore

Hybrid
- should give you the most EHP
- risky for HC due to occasional chaos spikes

Hybrid with Shav's or Esh's Visage
- will give you almost as much EHP as Hybrid
- safer for HC

Life+MoM
- will give you almost as much EHP as Hybrid
- inefficient pathing means you will get less jewel slots overall
- MoM means you won't be able to reserve all mana (Wrath gives this build a lot of damage)
- MoM also means you might be able to create a Primordial Might stacking Necromancer that takes advantage of Beacon of Corruption (untested; nobody's done it in a league yet afaik)

So for SC, you can choose any option. They're all viable.

For HC, I recommend Hybrid Shav's. Before you have enough currency to transition to Shav's I recommend sacrificing Wrath and one golem and running with Esh's Visage (shield).

For those not comfortable with Path of Building, here's the basic hybrid tree using this site.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 22, 2017, 6:09:16 AM
Read everything and it makes sense but I don't understand your skill choices in the paste bin. Why do you have light golems as your main source of attack?
"
allana wrote:

I`m somewhat using 1 of your builds I found on the forums, tweaked here and there to suit my playstile but it`s fun and strong, almost 10k ES also but still can die easily if not careful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info