Demon King Portal MTX looks bad after the 3.0 update

There seems to be a particle alignment issue with this mtx, there is a sharp edged vertical line running down the middle (like a particle alignment bug), and the general 'hot glow' in the center of this portal is completely gone. Also the horizontal flare is barely there or missing.

It now looks much weaker visually compared to the GGG youtube video.
GGG video of the effect using the 2.x engine when this effect looked soooo much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqCkfRI5BI

I bought this a long time ago when it first came out and i'm really not happy with how this MTX looks now.

Can you please fix this and make it look like how it used to be!

Maybe I should put this in the bug forum too?, or did you intentionally change how MTX look after people bought it?

Tried on AMD+NVIDIA cards, also DX9, DX9EX and DX11.
I included a couple clips of this MTX in a couple environment(some very dark and also lit) to show the issue
Url to larger detail image since forum compresses it to fit the thread frame widthhttp://i.imgur.com/LRHTrE2.png

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 21, 2017, 10:39:22 AM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2017, 1:02:24 PM
Its not just the portal...there are numerous other things that changed for the worst involving lighting effects and even reflections on various surfaces including armors. Some things look ridiculously bad now. Only people who really care about aesthetics seem to notice the change though...

I suspect there was some visual update in the last patch that messed all these things up. Perhaps they tried to adjust something for the new harbinger effects and didn't notice the side effects?

I mentioned this in the bug section, asking them to revert everything back to the way it looked before the update, but no one seems to care.
Last edited by Аstyanax on Aug 21, 2017, 1:16:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info