Stone Golem gem with quality

I have 2 Stone Golems 19lvl gems - one with 0% quality and 2nd with 20% quality. The first one (0% qual.) has a description '66% increased minion life'. The second gem (20% quality) has a description '86% increased minon life'. But still in game their life is equal (as seen in the Stone Golem skill tooltip ) = 9040 life. Why is this so? Where 20% increased minion life has gone???
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2017, 2:08:27 PM
I've noticed this as well, except with a belt.

My stone golem shows a life of 7066 no matter if I use the belt below or not.

It might be a display bug, but I really can't tell.

Rarity: Rare
Apocalypse Trap
Leather Belt
--------
Requirements:
Level: 28
--------
Item Level: 61
--------
+36 to maximum Life
--------
2.1 Life Regenerated per second
+18 to maximum Energy Shield
+26% to Fire Resistance
Minions have 9% increased maximum Life
It's just a display bug, Golem tooltips don't factor in Minion Life bonuses. They do benefit just fine.
I don't know where people developed the idea that tool tips were gospel. I haven't played a game like this where they worked.
Whats the point of showing numbers if they are wrong though. Most rpgs are centered around your stats and growing those stats. Part of the fun is seeing those numbers go up. When those numbers are wrong it takes some of the fun out of the game.
They're not "wrong"... they're just being misinterpreted because people don't know how the number was computed.
The tooltip display is more accurate than people like to give it credit for tbh. Outside of fringe modifiers such as The Baron and Necro Aegis (these apply to the Minion, not the Minion creation Skill), the Minion Life display is accurate. GGG just broke it for Golems with 3.0.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I don't know where people developed the idea that tool tips were gospel. I haven't played a game like this where they worked.

Always with the smug whiteknighting......your like clockwork.

Tooltips are usually accurate, in most games. People developed the idea that they were "gospel" because they typically run off character stats, and again, are consistently accurate (or less descriptive when accuracy cannot be achieved). Also its not the tool tip that is inaccurate, its the health bar. Having health bars be inaccurate is sort of a first from what i've seen, thats somewhat very important. Im shocked youve even had time to play other games in the last 4 years, let alone play POE, with the insane amount of posting you do thb.

You really need to lay off the smug for a bit, take a break from the constant posting would help alleviate the built up smug.

This is something GGG should really fix, as well as fixing DPS counts for the skills, even if it means simplifying or giving an equation type reference so we can accurately check ourselves. Even a simple rewording would go a long way imo.

This is simple game development imo....and posts like these only HELP make POE a better game and should be embraced and tested for consistency (as in everyone has this issue or is it a bug) by the forum community, not shrugged off as the norm or "its free so our standards should be low"

just for try, for see and for know
Last edited by CapitalPunishment on Sep 9, 2017, 2:10:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info