[3.2] Practical Blade Flurry - 3 million DPS - 7k Life - Immune to Shock Freeze Stun - own the Game

"
mythal wrote:

damage on full life + blood rage = doesnt work
you are never on full life
You must have missed the part where he doesn't use VP in his build, and gets quite a bit of regen to outscale Blood Rage.
As much as I'm not personally a fan of Damage on Full Life gem, this is the only build so far that I have seen that at least makes good use of it with Blood Rage/Regen and 2 different types of leech.

I agree that the build has some shortcomings (like performance per budget ratio), but at least try to understand the build before you evaluate it. I like it just because of the way he made non-VP non-Acuity instant leech work without being too much behind compared to other builds. Definately this build will survive future VP nerfs in its current form.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Sep 23, 2017, 9:16:41 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
"
mythal wrote:

You must have missed the part where he doesn't use VP in his build, and gets quite a bit of regen to outscale Blood Rage.
As much as I'm not personally a fan of Damage on Full Life gem, this is the only build so far that I have seen that at least makes good use of it with Blood Rage/Regen and 2 different types of leech.

I agree that the build has some shortcomings (like performance per budget ratio), but at least try to understand the build before you evaluate it. I like it just because of the way he made non-VP non-Acuity instant leech work without being too much behind compared to other builds. Definately this build will survive future VP nerfs in its current form.

Considering ive "beat the game" on this build (made my own before finding this thread though) I think I "know the build". I am commenting on shortcomings of it.
Even if you out regen blood rage, it still isnt 100% in effect.
I see still a small negative degen in his build pastebin posting as well.
So my statement stands, regardless - though yes if you outscale the degen with regen then you have it up more often than not. If you DONT scale regen over the degen - then you need to remove it completely as it is never in effect.
Its impossible to determine how much of the time %-wise that it is in effect without being able to debug the game and see where its checking/calcing though (if you outscale the degen with regen).

Its a fun build, I've had a blast. Just making some comments on it for those that actually want to play something like this.
Namely - if you dont have mirror quality gear and 100ex to spend, you arent going to reach what he has posted. He listed a "temp league" version which I dont find is at all viable for 99.9% of players in a league. Nothing wrong with that. Just the facts - or let me not say facts, but rather my opinion as we dont all have the exact data on how wealthy players typically get in league (but given that GGG posts statistics from time to time - it has shown in the past that 99% of players dont make more than 30-40ex in an entire league including currency and all gear value).
Thats not a huge issue for me, but I like to spend less on a build to reach boss farm potential if that is the purpose of the build.

STAY TUNED!
I am reworking this build a bit right now using Geofri's chest + soul tether + shapers gloves - and in POB right now I have 5400 HP and 2200 ES. That gives me 7700 EHP vs the current 5600 HP I have right now. Plus with even 1 point of ES, I would have 50% stun immunity which could mitigate allot of the stuns. I'm also going to buy a lions roar (for both the armor and damage) - theyre cheap enough - and get jewels with life% and ES%
You lose the intimidate effect from belt of deciever, but I've actually out DPS'd it in POB significantly and increased survivability allot so far.
Currently buying the gear. Need to 6L this geofris and then we're ready to test it.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com
read the slayer ascendancy more precisely to understand its synergy with damage on full life. also soul of yugul can help out on farming shaper.
btw, I didnt write anywhere that the sword version is cheap. if you cant afford the stuff, do smth else, if you think you can be as effective as with this build on a budget of 5ex with other builds, play them, or better post them and show us.

ppl are farming shaper, guardians and ubers even with the bloodseeker version. yes it is not as easy as with acuity and stuff, but it is doable for a mediocre skilled player. the temp league gear is pretty affordable except of rigwals...

anyway, gonna look at your pastebin anytime else, but from what I see already now, that you use abyssus and doing anything against its downside unless you have 7k ehp or more
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
"
mythal wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:
"
mythal wrote:

Considering ive "beat the game" on this build (made my own before finding this thread though) I think I "know the build". I am commenting on shortcomings of it.
Even if you out regen blood rage, it still isnt 100% in effect.
I see still a small negative degen in his build pastebin posting as well.
So my statement stands, regardless - though yes if you outscale the degen with regen then you have it up more often than not. If you DONT scale regen over the degen - then you need to remove it completely as it is never in effect.
Its impossible to determine how much of the time %-wise that it is in effect without being able to debug the game and see where its checking/calcing though (if you outscale the degen with regen).

Its a fun build, I've had a blast. Just making some comments on it for those that actually want to play something like this.
Namely - if you dont have mirror quality gear and 100ex to spend, you arent going to reach what he has posted. He listed a "temp league" version which I dont find is at all viable for 99.9% of players in a league. Nothing wrong with that. Just the facts - or let me not say facts, but rather my opinion as we dont all have the exact data on how wealthy players typically get in league (but given that GGG posts statistics from time to time - it has shown in the past that 99% of players dont make more than 30-40ex in an entire league including currency and all gear value).
Thats not a huge issue for me, but I like to spend less on a build to reach boss farm potential if that is the purpose of the build.

STAY TUNED!
I am reworking this build a bit right now using Geofri's chest + soul tether + shapers gloves - and in POB right now I have 5400 HP and 2200 ES. That gives me 7700 EHP vs the current 5600 HP I have right now. Plus with even 1 point of ES, I would have 50% stun immunity which could mitigate allot of the stuns. I'm also going to buy a lions roar (for both the armor and damage) - theyre cheap enough - and get jewels with life% and ES%
You lose the intimidate effect from belt of deciever, but I've actually out DPS'd it in POB significantly and increased survivability allot so far.
Currently buying the gear. Need to 6L this geofris and then we're ready to test it.

checked your PoB and must laugh about you saying did this build before you discovered this thread :D

what is different but the extra frenzy charges, the chest that you cannot afford and the claw that is not bloodseeker?

anyway, your build looks squishy vs reflect and using bloodlust while mapping is much less effective than damage on full life which you didnt understand how it good it works with Scion/Slayer yet.

It is good to think about any point of a build and trying to fix or improve it. but you're doing it wrong and in a rude manner.

btw:
Geofris gives you Zealot's Oath. Read precisely what it does before you purchase a 6L of it.
also have fun using bloodrage with it...

and one last thing:
why do you selfcast orb of storms which apllies a curse? you could even just selfcast the curse itself and save two sockets, or better make it automatical with vengeance+coh+enfeeble or in a 4L with cwdt+bloadevortex+coh+enfeeble for 100% triggering

cheers

PS:
if you just would follow the build step by step you would be able to kill everything with the only need of a 6L coil
Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 24, 2017, 5:06:42 AM
im not being rude here. im just opening a discussion on how to solve the squishyness without having to use acuity (35ex+), 6L coil (10-15ex+) and make up for the resists in GG rings (5-10ex each).

everything ive stated is true.
nothing is incorrect.
ive not been saying this build is bad at all. didnt say that once. its a great build. enjoyed it allot. just mentioned a few things that were worth discussing, but its obvious you dont want to discuss anything about it to help newer players.

its laughable you tell me to understand game mechanics when ive done 10x more in POE than you - and played for years longer. thats also a moot discussion of course. no need to go there.

ive changed around this build quite allot, but when i found your thread a few days ago i was only a few points different. using POB isnt hard, and it tells you exactly point for point the best way to path - almost.....and your build isnt anything new either. i know you want cookies and credit for it but im sure there's 5 dozen players that just havent posted a guide that have done it already. it doesnt use any special mechanics whatsoever. its not new for this league either.

its very easy to make a glass canon in this game. but thats not a boss farming build.
a boss farming build is one that survives boss fights consistently and, well, farms them.

i was hoping to engage a discussion on how an actual budget build could be made to solve this without those items. maybe other players will join in that discussion if you want to insult instead. ill check back later and see if any of them want to add their 2 cents.

btw:
1 - blood rage does more DPS in my POB than dropping it and swapping in damage on full life for ruthless or whatever other lowest dps support im using.
2 - without blood rage, you dont sustain frenzies in mapping. rares die in one shot and you dont get enough hits on them - i do ~3min gorge runs and have lost frenzies, so blood rage is the way to do it
3 - slayer leech queue does not make you full life - ever - with blood rage on.
4 - ive tested with sulfur flask to get that high regen (higher regen than blood rage degen by about 100 points in POB), and my HP is still not full in-game. even though i am out-regenning the blood rage by 100 points. so damage on full life STILL does not work at all with blood rage, period. i just tested it before posting this.
5 - frenzy charges are point for point better DPS than most of the other nodes on the tree. why dont you use POB. it will tell you how much each point is worth.

6 - yes zealots oath on geofris is moot. it makes your total degen much higher as your regen is applied to ES (and your ES pool is lower, so less regen overall). doesnt matter with the soul tether method because then you CAN use damage on full life 100% of the time because you actually are full life all the time. ive already tested it. i got a near perfect roll geofris and dendrobate today and then 5L them (no 6L luck) just to toy with today. it worked great. its really funny though this soul tether thing. not sure if I like it yet.
anyway - geofris 7700 EHP and dendrobate about 500 less (but it gives you that nice L10 lesser poison 7-socket - which doesnt do much at all - so its really not a good idea over geofris).
zealots oath is more of an annoyance than benefit though unless your ES is higher than LIFE.
so tomorrow im going to toy with an atziri splendour. better stats/ES/life/ar/ev etc and no downside.
another option ill toy with is restless ward. i could then use those gems in orb of storm curse setup to have an enduring cry, and it would have ~20sec EC sustain which is a ton of time to keep 3 ECs up and help mitigate even more damage. the ~30second frenzy charges and ~20sec power charges will be nice too.
soul tether works, but its quite funky. you do have a higher EHP pool with it though. you can youtube search a guy doing soul tether build that face tanked shaper slam with about 12k EHP using soul tether / shapers gloves / geofris.

7 - orb of storms + CoH + curse is just an easy way to prep fights. you know how bosses are, you dont want to be casting curses when they pop. you want to be DPSing. yes its a waste of sockets and i swap things around allot but this is my lazy setup for farming, which actually helps allot on a squishy build like this so im not having to keep curses up, i can drop an orb and they'll be cursed allot longer - and adds will be cursed, and so forth - without me doing anything. automation is key to making efficient builds when possible. could also put it on something like vengeance, but that requires i get hit already a few times and isnt optimal like OOS is. which is why its one of the most used skill gems in the game = for cursing.
i usually try to 4L OOS + CoH + curse + cull. this is one of the best utility curse/cull combos in the game.
I changed things around for a bit just now though to fit in all the gems i wanted.... OOS+CoH+curse is still far superior to selfcasting curses.

8 - yes you can make 5ex shaper farm builds. you can find them all over the forums - and you can watch streamers doing it consistently. ive done it many times too. its nothing special.
if you really are that clueless just go type "mathil" in youtube - theres a good example. he beats the game on a new build about 1-2 times a week. usually on 5L. he rarely ever spends more than 5ex on a build, not counting chars late in a league that he carries gear over to from a previous one etc.

cheers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by mythal on Sep 24, 2017, 6:47:38 AM
and 9 - i reroll reflect maps. you cant do phys reflect on this build anyway no matter what you say.
for a stand-alone phys reflect mob? do you not know the answer already? CWDT + IC = mob dead and you dont kill yourself, because you can one-shot it before IC wears off anyway.

molten shell is also a very OP CWDT link, because it absorbs another ~1k damage AND adds armor, making you take less damage while its on. so its closer to 2k absorb, which is effective EHP from phys, which abyssus builds are weak to.

this is all oldschool stuff you should know.

well....not oldschool.....CWDT isnt oldschool, but molten shell is
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
calm down, you dying a lot doesnt mean the build you play is squishy...

too much text to answer every bit of shit, all I say is that I facetank shaper slam with flasks up, good enough and drop abyssus for reflect maps.
I dont need credits as I stated that using a rare claw beside bloodseeker wasnt my idea anyway.

and your testing about damage on full life is just wrong...

look here
Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 24, 2017, 8:29:58 AM
i'm new to this game and i picked this build bcuz mouse1 clicked on it. I did not know nor did care about prices, how i'm doing? Well who knows, when i made 6L and put vaal on it, my friend said that i'm an idiot. Well guide said corrupted how should i know...

squishy hmm well sure :) but that's why they invented portals u can open one and say BB i'm out

and everyone should play game as they want to, trash talking about builds thats just silly, make your own thread with your magic... how you never die... how it's so cheap that even white items are too good for it
Hi,

thanks for this build. I'm currently trying it and upgraded to kaom's roots yesterday for the stun immunity etc. I'm still missing the flasks which is next, as well as I still need to do uber but was one-shotted by Argus. Would like to get your input on what to go for next, since I need improvement. My Gems are not fully leveled yet, however, with that setup im at 4.5k life and my BF dps is 9.1k now. Don't mind the Rotgut, I can swap it out again and just added it without using it yet, as it will be removed soon anyway.

Spoiler

Thanks for ya time.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
Lawyne wrote:
[3.0] Practical SAVAGE FLURRY (...the one and only...)

PM your box

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info