Got rota scammed, what now?

"
Learned something today?
I always knew it could happen and that it does happen, I didn't learn anything because it's an obvious risk you have to take to get Zana to level 8 and since there seems to be no punishment from GGG they're free to do so.
I'm just curious if I'm wrong about GGG not caring about it that it happens and if the community found their own solution to this if they haven't.

If you want to pretend to be a smartass, do it elsewhere please.

They don't care. In fact, I would argue they encourage it. First, they provide no option for recourse (as has been said). Two, they actually only punish people who attempt to seek justice or make announcements of these scum. Third, the lore of this game is that we're exiles or some shit and that wraeclast is unforgiving. As such, this type of behavior fits in to their lore.

Moral of the story? There are no morals. Become the savage you've been culturally conditioned to not be. Steal, pillage, rape, and murder -- or less dramatically, scam rota groups.
maybe instead of dedicating your time to revenge and punishment dedicate that time to meeting new people and making new friends you can trust to do the same activities with

Seems a lot better than spamming global 820 for an hour.....
"
Ratedetar wrote:
maybe instead of dedicating your time to revenge and punishment dedicate that time to meeting new people and making new friends you can trust to do the same activities with

Wait... didn't they nerf Constructive Interaction in 3.0? Isn't that what CI stands for??? He's just trying to fit into the new meta. :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

Good idea in theory but in practice not everyone's equally active so it doesn't work out that way unless you like to take much longer to level your masters or have such a massive amount of friends that you can get 5 to join you that are the same or a higher level than you.

@Elemenz that'd be pretty nice but impossible to implement probably.
"
"
Ratedetar wrote:

Good idea in theory but in practice not everyone's equally active so it doesn't work out that way unless you like to take much longer to level your masters or have such a massive amount of friends that you can get 5 to join you that are the same or a higher level than you.

@Elemenz that'd be pretty nice but impossible to implement probably.

This is nothing but an excuse and you know it.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

This is nothing but an excuse and you know it.

Well maybe it is for you if you're a slowpoke with leveling your masters, mine are all level 7 except Leo.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
You get 6 maps for the price of one. Losing one of em isn't a big deal. Get over it.

GGG won't do anything. The only time they get involved is if you scammed half the server.

Also... don't be a snitch.

What kind of elementary school playground shit is this. Don't be a snitch?

This thread is chock full of apologists just spouting get over it, oh well, people can screw you all day long and that's too bad.

Is that really the state of the game now? Untouchable and unpunished assholes running rampant? How can that be!?

Long live online play. Much love, much success!
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Aug 21, 2017, 11:27:00 PM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:
You get 6 maps for the price of one. Losing one of em isn't a big deal. Get over it.

GGG won't do anything. The only time they get involved is if you scammed half the server.

This thread is chock full of apologists just spouting get over it, oh well, people can screw you all day long and that's too bad.

Is that really the state of the game now? Untouchable and unpunished assholes running rampant? How can that be!?

Again, people are allowed to be assholes. When you meet them, block them and never interact with them again. Dont try to infringe upon their rights and get them banned like a fucking leftist. Banning someone for not opening the zana portal when it's his turn is fucking stupid.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Yeah, I got rota scammed with the Zana level 7 rota every day the last 3 days so whatever they say doesn't mean anything to me honestly.
I'm trying to not let them sidetrack this thread except it seems that this response is unavoidable:
Rota scammers aren't just assholes, they commit fraud.
But I guess this can't be sidetracked because it's a fact by definition.

Every single one got reported by me with a support ticket by the way with the relevant part of chatlog history located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\logs
The file name is Client.
Of course if you don't use Steam it's probably located somewhere else.
This is so GGG can verify my claims if they feel there's a need to.

I expect sharing this should be okay:
Spoiler
Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for this report! We have taken note of this now and have flagged their account. Please let us know if you encounter any further situations like this - we really appreciate the information.

Kind regards,
Samantha
Last edited by World_Destructor on Aug 22, 2017, 10:11:27 AM
If he started a map instead of the next rotation you should have jumped in and out of all his portals then cast desecrate all over his HO.

WOLF
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info