Got rota scammed, what now?

Only way to avoid that is to start the group yourself. you don't get a warning, he/she won't be able to enter your hideout and you won't be able to enter his/her.
Being a dick is not against the rules lol
You want GGG to dedicate man hours, every day, to investigating and make judgements on everyone who rota scams.

Most of us want them to just work on the game so they can give us the best version of it.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
You want GGG to dedicate man hours, every day, to investigating and make judgements on everyone who rota scams.

Most of us want them to just work on the game so they can give us the best version of it.

This.

You play with others, just like in real life, there will always be sour apples. You just learn to deal with it and move on. Make sure he's on some kind of list. By the time he's done this to enough people, he'll never be invited to anything worth doing again. Whatever you do, don't publicly name and shame him, obviously.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Reporting the guy won't do him no harm. Naming and shaming him on 820 will likely get you muted and he will still won't be punished.

This is not true btw, naming and shaming on 820 will not get you muted (unless you spam it like a douche). Furthermore, if all your party reports him on 820 it increases the chances that other players will add him too. Just make sure he really scammed and not accidentally crashed.

Anyway, you'll grow into not caring about this kind of abuse, as other people stated it's 1/6 total exp and it happens (to me) in 10% of cases maximum so it is not really worth it.
Second-class poe gamer
I had made a support ticket about it to attempt to see how GGG responds and the reply was that they want players to report it with a support ticket to build a profile around them because those who scam in rotas often commit more serious and bannable offenses as well and when their bad reputation is extreme enough the player will be further looked at to take action on.
I don't know if I'm allowed to paste GGG's reply so until I know it's allowed I won't.
Move on.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Rotas are an informal agreement between players, not something GGG is officially supporting, so they can't punish people for scamming in rotas. The same goes for you being "ripped off" in trade deals, its all just informal dealings between players and thus part of the game.

In the same fashion, naming & shaming in /820 should be allowed. People should not be punished for calling out scammers. It's your decision if you will believe that someone is a scammer and put him on ignore or not. GGG mods should not interfere with this community dealings.

(haven't multiplayed in /820 for a long time, so I dont really know what is going on in trade leagues, since I've last played there)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Or is the pleasure to do rota, to see in 1 week these master level 8 and what about the achievements, guys get 36 challenge in a few days.
The solidarity is good, it is quite normal even but at the base this game was made for who loves the challenges and to accomplish all alone.
There should be a "looking for" party finder, for master rota.

1 - you pick a master
2 - the tool finds people who have the same master/lvl bracket
3 - once the party is full (6ppl) it asks all to confirm lockdown
4 - lockdown activated, meaning all people have time till masters reset to go enter and do the dailies of any and all party members in their ho, even if they are offline.
You can't block or troll anyone by moving a master tp position or adding decorations on them.
5 - no more whining or scamming possible

Also, much muuuuuuch faster and smoother to get rotas done than spamming and eyeballing some stupid chat
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info