Having trouble endgame as elemental caster.

Hello everyone!

I have always enjoyed hybrid builds. Currently running inquis with a majority of spell damage/life/elemental nodes. Utilizing crown of eyes allows my blade flurry to hit fairly hard while i can cwc (cast while channel) a spell that has some good boosts to it. Basically Crown of eyes is letting me use both attack AND spell moves. This paired with the inquis passive that gives a boost to spell dmg when you use an attack makes my passive double dip for even greater attack damage.

I am using a high phys dmg dagger with spell damage currently for optimum double dipping.

I was looking to utilize some sort of cast while channeling ability using blade flurry. This way I get the attack double dip for my flurry, while shooting out effective damaging spells at the same time.

I am using a 5 link.

Blade Flurry > Cast while Channel > Phys to lightning > ?? (Additional support) > ?? (spell to shoot with cwc)

I was using frost bolt, but ill be honest. frost bolt is boring as hell. I also will include lightning strike as a build I would rather not play....... I have been using Arc recently which seems solid but I am running into single target issues. I also tried using frost blades instead of blade flurry and the damage seemed very similar so I chose to continue using blade flurry for the channel gems. Again, was lacking single target.

I need something that can take down bosses. Blade flurry alone is lacking in the single dmg department and arc shares the same boat i fear. I have been toying around with maybe spark as I have seem some good spark boss kills? or firestorm? or Bladefall? Bladefall I fear is also lacking single target?

Anyone got any experience on the best single target spell I could pop in. Maybe a support gem to help boost the single target even further.

AE is no problem at all. Single target is. What spells can actually hit hard single target? What melee can hit hard single target? My only restriction at this point would be i am not specced for chaos damage. Physical, elemental are both fair game. Elemental nets me the highest damage while I can convert the physical with the phys to lightning for a decent impact.

Is there maybe even a different move besides blade flurry I could be using? I can ultimately maybe use cast on crit as my crit is also solid and i have power generation with my herald or orb of storms.

Appreciate the advice.
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2017, 7:53:38 AM
It's a weird build, that's for sure. Also, you are using the term "double dipping" wrong. Double dipping was possible before 3.0 with skills that had secondary effects, in that modifiers applied to the first effect, which was then used as base damage for the second effect, which was then modified by the same modifiers AGAIN.

What you are doing here has nothing to do with double dipping, but you are (trying to) find a synergy between attacks and spells. So you have to find some Support Skill Gems that support both Blade Flurry and a potential CWC target spell.

Since you seem already set on converting BF damage to lightning, maybe consider Storm Call or Ball Lightning. You could then use Concentrated Effect and Elemental Focus as supports, that would both buff BF and SC/BL at the same time.

Ideally, you'd use a physical spell, to also profit from the Phys to Lightning support. The only phys spells I know are:

- Blade Vortex (melee range)
- Bladefall (not ideal against single target, as you've already noticed)
- Ethereal Knives (probably not a great idea, because it's a projectile, not AoE)
- Glacial Cascade (not ideal because of the phys to cold conversion)
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Oh yea, nice. Stormcall could be really interesting.

What if I ditched bladeflurry all together for single target. What the best single target cast on crit attack i could use?

I have tried cyclone but wasnt a fan of the playstyle.

I want to somewhat disagree with the phys to cold issue with glacial cascade. Thanks to phys to lightning we still get a pretty solid amount of lightning damage and if we were to use elemental focus or, if you want to keep the ailments crit chance or crit damage if you aren't using elemental overload.

As for single target, if used the right way, blade flurry IS one of the best single target melee skills.

Other than that, molten strike or static strike maybe?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
zagibu wrote:
It's a weird build, that's for sure. Also, you are using the term "double dipping" wrong. Double dipping was possible before 3.0 with skills that had secondary effects, in that modifiers applied to the first effect, which was then used as base damage for the second effect, which was then modified by the same modifiers AGAIN.

Are you saying that 3.0 removed double dipping entirely?
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:
"
zagibu wrote:

As far as I know, yes. At least that was their intention, maybe they missed one of the special weird cases.
Drop that Phys to Lightning, go with something like Brutality and Concentrated effect. I am currently running a BladeFlurry CWC BladeFall build and I feel rather strong, though of course there is still a lot to optimise.

My gear:

I used a tabula rasa till level 70 and was doing just fine. Also, the curse should be Vulnerability and then you can switch the skills around a bit.

Any Cast on/When builds in this game require a minimum of 5 sockets, preferably 6.
Last edited by Draqone on Aug 19, 2017, 3:54:07 PM
"
zagibu wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
"
zagibu wrote:

As far as I know, yes. At least that was their intention, maybe they missed one of the special weird cases.

I believe you, but then why does melee physical damage support still specify that it poison/bleed inflicted with melee physical damage deals more damage?
"
BRavich wrote:
I believe you, but then why does melee physical damage support still specify that it poison/bleed inflicted with melee physical damage deals more damage?

That has nothing to do with double dipping. It's just an additional modifier that applies only to poison and bleeds.

Double dipping was when modifiers applied to a first damage source, then that damage was taken as base damage for a secondary source, which was then scaled by THE SAME modifiers again.

This doesn't happen anymore, because secondary sources now only take base + added damage from first source as their own base damage.
"
zagibu wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:

That has nothing to do with double dipping. It's just an additional modifier that applies only to poison and bleeds.

Double dipping was when modifiers applied to a first damage source, then that damage was taken as base damage for a secondary source, which was then scaled by THE SAME modifiers again.

This doesn't happen anymore, because secondary sources now only take base + added damage from first source as their own base damage.

So melee physical damage affecting the base damage and bleed/poison damage is not considered double dipping because the modifiers are listed separate in the gem description?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info