d3 > poe

hows about we send this to off topic....

also do you really expect a fair discussion in a PoE forum

or a D3 forum for that matter?

People play what ever game they like

Obviously I prefer PoE, its got a great deal more depth in terms of character building

D3 on the other hand it feels more like I pick a premade build
I dont see any any key!
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
I will say this though. The character customization in path of exile is completely superficial. Its illusion of choice. Every build in Path of Exile this patch is exactly the same with few exceptions. Pick an aoe skill, a movement skill a few common sense auras, cwdt setup, and a few flexible slots which almost always are filled with golems, curses, enduring cry or any other of the limited pool of useful utility skills.

Despite the fact that this is an oversimplification of the aspects that go into builds and that you've neglected all the nuance that goes into these steps the irony is that what you described isn't superficial nor an illusion. That's because right out of the gate you said "Pick". You don't get to do much "picking" or "choosing" in D3 because it's all baked into sets with clear mathematical superiority.

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
D3 at the highest tier of end game is also much more difficult than PoE's end game. Greater rift 90+ requires actual character control skill unlike a log of POE which by contrast requires a lot if knowledge. POE has significantly more variety of end game content.

The builds in D3 actually play differently where poe is mostly the same. Performance wise D3 of course runs laps around POE.

Yes, but that is because D3 instead of following the Diablo's character building sub-genre it instead followed WoW's performance based micromanagement combat, which involves homogenizing all damage mechanics into a unified damage source, i.e. weapon damage, and just making everything a coefficient of that source. That's why you can have 6 active buttons to press because it's the same mechanical attack with different mathematical efficiencies.

Very few people dislike D3's combat and style. The problem is that it has sacrificed all of the ARPG character building aspects that gives people a reason to keep playing and making new characters.

Post takes the form:

Poster 1: "A"
Poster 2: "not A"
Poster 1: "You're an idiot".

These threads should be deleted without warning.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Post takes the form:

Support also removing replies to this post. LOL

Troll threads are allowed, troll replies are not. This thread should've been removed from the start, because it does nothing, but provoking flame.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Aug 18, 2017, 2:26:21 PM
"
DemonikPath wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Post takes the form:

Troll threads are allowed, troll replies are not. This thread should've been removed from the start, because it does nothing, but provoking flame.

agreed

no good can come of this
I dont see any any key!
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
yahoogmail wrote:
lets have a common sense and honest discussion of the current stat of fail of oriath vs diablo 3

Here's my take:

Path of Exile is the best arpg around and diablo 3 is the worst.

Thats why a LOT more people play d3 than they play poe?

Even with necromancer p2w d3 is a much better game and a lot more people play it than shit 4 acts recycled poe content.
"
yahoogmail wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Fcking trolls man...even they were better back in the day...

hey hey lets not swear shall we? .. you know jesus doesnt like when you swear.

You were supposed to entertain us,but its too obvious :/
"
DemonikPath wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Post takes the form:

Wrong, all that poe needs is more idiot GMs to grow beyond imagination.
"
yahoogmail wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
yahoogmail wrote:
lets have a common sense and honest discussion of the current stat of fail of oriath vs diablo 3

Here's my take:

Path of Exile is the best arpg around and diablo 3 is the worst.

Thats why a LOT more people play d3 than they play poe?

Even with necromancer p2w d3 is a much better game and a lot more people play it than shit 4 acts recycled poe content.

question

if you hate PoE why are you here?

I mean seems weird
I dont see any any key!
What is D3 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info