Chilling Shaper?

Hello, I'm currently planning a cold damage based character, and I have some question about chill.

In the latest manifesto about chill, Chris stated that In order to apply chill for the maximum effect (30% slow), Player needs to hit a mob for at 10% of its health.
He has also stated that as long as 1% chill effect cap is met (1% slow), the chill effect will apply to the mob for a fixed duration of 2 seconds.

So scaling both values down from here, 9% of maximum mob hp as cold damage, will apply 27% slow.
8% will apply 24% slow.
7% - 21%
6% - 18

1% of mob hp will apply 3% slow,

so 0.3333% of mob hp as cold damage should apply the minimum effect of chill for 2 seconds.

So lets say I want to chill Shaper. Shaper has around 20,000,000 hp as far as I'm aware.

1% of his hp is 200,000 so a third of that is 66,666.

So in order to chill shaper, I have to do at least, let's say, 67k cold damage to him in one hit.

Is this how it works? Am I correct?

Now a follow up question to that, What if I have 40% increased effect of chill. does that mean the minimum cap for applying chill is Lowered by 40% (66,666 x 0.6 = 40k cold damage in one hit)?
Last edited by golan4840 on Aug 18, 2017, 12:08:20 PM
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2017, 4:08:42 AM
I don't know your answer, but maybe if all you want to do is chill him to benefit from some conditional mods, consider using CWDT + Artic Breath/Vortex, or anything else that leaves chilled ground or has an area chill effect.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
It should be 66,666 / 1.4 instead.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info