Scorching Ray getting stuck

the way i have found to 'unstink' the animation is to physically remove the scorching ray skill gem from your equipment. this gets you unstuck. then replace the gem and continue. while not ideal at least you can get unstuck.
I do not recommend using this skill in HC.
Not fixed with newest patch 3.0.1c.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Somehow the behavior changed for me. Do not know if it is due to a code change or due to some change on my side. I did change my gear etc.

It is not fixed for me.

The new behavior is so that I can now kill mobs with the stuck Scorching Ray and use WB and the client will register it immediately. I can however not pick up things. So basically (far as I can tell) it changed so that the stuckiness was transferred from client-only to server-also. Not sure yet if it is an improvement (for HC safety) or not.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Somehow the behavior changed for me. Do not know if it is due to a code change or due to some change on my side. I did change my gear etc.

It is not fixed for me.

The new behavior is so that I can now kill mobs with the stuck Scorching Ray and use WB and the client will register it immediately. I can however not pick up things. So basically (far as I can tell) it changed so that the stuckiness was transferred from client-only to server-also. Not sure yet if it is an improvement (for HC safety) or not.

Just had the bug again in the old form. The above quote is the only time I have seen the stuckiness with this other behavior.
Several reports of getting stuck in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1771105/page/1

Another getting-stuck thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1994110

--

I am still getting stuck so its not fixed.
The stuck Scorching Ray bug is still in the game, I had several near rips in HHC just today because of it. It only stops when I log out or remove my gloves. The gems in my gloves don't have Scorching Ray (Orb of Storms + Arcane Surge + Curse on Hit + Flammability). I have not tested removing the gear with the Scorching Ray gem itself yet.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Found reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6ssd81/bug_scorching_ray_soft_lock_bug_couldnt_turn_it/

Somebody describes a method for reproduction - did not verify if this is true:

"
This bug has been in for a while. I know how to recreate it within the Lab. if you stand on the hole where Izaro is taken back down between fights and use a channeled skill then when it forces you to the side during the animation of Izaro leaving it will lock you in this state. You can fix it by unsocketing the gem I've found.

I was able to reproduce this (today) but not sure if it always happens and not sure exactly what is relevant for reproduction.
Not playing SR now but got stuck yesterday with Blade Flurry instead in lab. With the newest (3.0.2 prob) patch.
From the known issues sticky:
"
Channelled Skills: Can get in a stuck state where they 'putter'.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Channelled Skills: Can get in a stuck state where they 'putter'.

Just had it happen again ('Leyline' map) - is that ever going to be fixed?

Is there a point reporting bugs if they dont get fixed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info