Is GGG out of touch with community when it comes to balance?

"
Sinzeek wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Pathfinders can do everything zerkers can do but faster so why aren't you asking for a Ranger nerf?

I should've specified, I don't mind some classes being hella strong (slayer, zerker, ranger, inquisitor), they're good at what they are meant for. My issue is zerker does everything better than the other ascendancies for the marauder.

In the end it really comes down to what balancing filosofi developers choose. If there are no inherent drawbacks in terms of what content you can do and how fast, the meta becomes finding the next bigger and better vegas. So in that case nerfing something doesnt really solve the underlying issue which is that the game itself, in terms of content and items doesnt do enough to limit these specs in certain situations, where they might be forced to equip some gear and gems that would make them less effective than other builds.

The question is if players in general would accept the idea of tradeoffs?

Think they screwed up with too much power creep in 2.0-2.6... and they're trying to reverse that in 3.0-3.X.

That doesn't mean they're "out of touch". It means they want to end up with a game that lasts... a game that's not trivialized by any one strategy.
put it this way. GGG are the type of company to make a graphical effect for a skill, and release that effect the same fucking day they nerf the skill. the sooner people stop wasting cash on this fucking shit game the better. they have no idea how to make a game, the only people that actually get their money's worth outta this SHIT are the dudes in the top #10 on league ladders.
IGN: Juxax
Last edited by GankstarVX84 on Aug 19, 2017, 4:27:55 PM
ATM playing MoM. I find that MoM is fine. It is doable getting a char with decent enough hps and manabase to make it ehp relevant. Yogi has played MoM in hardcore in a very relevant way 2 leagues ago and it hadn't been nerfed since. The downside is that with mom atm you can't use auras if you want to match hps and mana. BUT most builds use blasphemy anyway while bosses are more and more the issues (and curses suck on bosses)

Looking at my 2K5 unreserved mana and 5400 hps, I feel it is better than having 8-9K es atm. I don't get os, mana regens well and anyway I can use insta flasks. I survive well as long I do not mess up or the fight doesn't drag too long. (with 6L fb totem and 400% crit mult it's not the case)

In the other hands life builds got heavily buffed, main buff to me is the volatile nerf, in legacy I was playing a rt/ir character and killed 8 affixes T15 bosses with him, in the other hand he was often oneshoted by volatile nemesis affix randomly from T12 maps onward.

ES got rek, I think it's fine, it got absurd at a point. Having 11-12K es with pretty minor investment and vp was insane. Now it is still manoeuvrable enough to stay away from one shot and saving points in the tree or playing low life totems/srs/whatever.
Last edited by galuf on Aug 19, 2017, 11:23:50 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I just had an idea how to deal with vaal pact...
No life regeneration
50% less life leeched per second
Life leech stacks last twice as long
You have no maximum leech rate

Not sure how good this would end up being, but it would need at least some investment in leech to make it work on any given build.
...wait, this might break slayer. Crap.

thats still arguably infinitly stronger than normal leech.

And i think the whole VP issue boils down to this: "Take this keystone to transform a rather balanced and intricate mechanic into godmode."

Remove this shit already. When people whine about vinktars and zerker leech, what they really mean is: Holy fuck, Vaal pact takes this and turns it into game balance cancer. It turns an arguably strong effect and transforms it into literal GOD MODE. Why is this still in the game after we have spent countless man-hours re-balancing leech mechanics so they dont break the game, literally to turn them all inconsequential via a single keystone.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Think they screwed up with too much power creep in 2.0-2.6... and they're trying to reverse that in 3.0-3.X.

That doesn't mean they're "out of touch". It means they want to end up with a game that lasts... a game that's not trivialized by any one strategy.

Yeah, but most likely it started in 2.2, I kinda skipped 2.0 and started playing again when darkshrines arrived, not sure if thet was 2.1 or not.

Adding the generic attack leech weels, no longer had to handcurse, have coh setups with warlord or use BM support on your dmg setup, also blasphemy happened.

Then ascendancies, that add at least 1 extra supportgem worth of dmg/utility then even more points for ascendancies and at least 5-10 passive point worth of value in random other kind of stuff...

More dmg on every (/most) support gem, crapton of unique flasks and here we are.
Free area effects on skills, that open up other options than melee splash etc etc.

I am pretty much satisfied with the current balance (at least definitely the most balanced, ever since ascendancies were released), unless someone will oneshot shaper with a dark pact build, haven't really looked into how that skill works but everyone and their mother has DarkPact in their name.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 19, 2017, 4:24:07 PM
Berserker user since the day it was included, pretty much.

Berserker aint OP I dunno what anybody is smokin here but I need some too. The devs who are responsible only saw "Deal 40% more damage, take 10% increased damage", and figured that "whoa MORE DAMAGE" is a no go, since you actually gain a flat bonus.

Combine Berserker with a bad Abyssus and you having a hard time. I would see Berserker being OP if it had a built-in perma Fortify or other survival strat, but the Berserker ascendancy, and just the ascendancy itself, is what a Berserker does: take damage and get stronger, enraged from it.

If you make Berserker "take 10-20% more damage" you will see your ass oneshot by a single Rat in the Marketplace. But I can already smell them doing just that.
The helm, cape, weapon and character effects are great. The armor set not so much (imo). Though having the helm kind of makes the blue challenge I just finished redundant :(
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info