Is GGG out of touch with community when it comes to balance?

Or do they really just listen to the top 1% players who have time and love to grind?

The Harbinger change we all wanted seems like it was made worse. While they got stronger but the drops barely got any better.

It feels like nothing was changed. We're still picking up pennies and the harbingers are still slow when it comes to summoning enemies. Why the delay at all?

EDIT: Oh yeah the harbinger pack armor is terrible. And the cape. Did they get an intern to design the league rewards and supporter packs?

I still got it but mostly for effects and the pet.

EDIT2: Where is the bloody berserker nerf?
Last edited by Excyis on Aug 18, 2017, 4:58:19 AM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 9:05:19 PM
Unless stuff is broken, as in not working, then GGG is not keen on rebalancing in the middle of a league.

While Berserker is strong at the moment, it is working as intended, so don't expect any changes to the mechanics until next release, aka 3.1.

The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
I don´t think that GGG really is in touch with their main player base, yes.
They see the cookie cutter builds, streamers and sensational top-gear-builds.
It was completely unneccessary to nerf the majority of players just to nerf some of these top builds. After all that time for example my inquisitor at lvl 96 was finally able to kill 2 of the 4 guardians (spark). Now with the recent ES nerfs, he can hardly kill the buffed bosses of t13+ maps.

The nerfs went way too far.
Yes, absolutely. Just my opinion though.
http://imgur.com/a/IFLl5

It's nearly impossible to balance this game. It's so diverse.
I almost feel bad for GGG at this point. It's absolutely clear at this stage that the problem is a combination of the balance team either having no clue what they are doing or just no clue about how their changes impact the community and the build diversity in general, and then internally having little to no effective communication or dialog between teams and departments.

You literally have dev's coming out and giving an exact answer to a question about a key issue or change and confirming the details as they were responsible for the changes, only to then reverse that position a day later and comment that changes were made to it by other people in a different team and they don't actually know why or have any details on what fixes if any will then be coming for it.... then they vanish and nothing more is ever spoken of it. Meanwhile were all just sitting here watching this unfold over and over again thinking "......wat?".

The dev team need to take a serious step back and re-consider where they are at the moment. There's no quicker way to dry up micro-transaction purchases from the community than running them off en-mass with nerf's to all the fun, or releasing broken and unfinished content.
Why the fuck does berserker suddenly need a nerf? Its been unchanged for months and now just because its used suddenly it needs a nerf?

This constant shifting of targets for in game stuff is why the balance is getting fucked up.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Berserker does not need a nerf. Just posting that opinions vary a lot. Some say build x or y or z is op. But what is really imbalanced?

I mean any build can be imbalanced with infinite currency. And some builds are extremely op & cheap for map clearing but are bad for endgame bosses (which you can buy though with the currency from map clears) while others are good at killing bosses and facetanking the whole game but have meh clearspeed.

Berserker is only OP if you can get enough hp to avoid getting oneshot. Because at that point berserker's lifeleech allows you to tape your mouse button and go AFK while you kill whatever it is.

Personally I believe that GGG only nerfs builds that:
- Are cheap AND very good in DPS/clear
- Are expensive but have DPS that kills any endgame boss in a split second with 50-100mil dps (coc, crown of eyes, etc).
- Literally AFK (CWDT and such)
Last edited by Squirting_Elephant on Aug 18, 2017, 7:12:45 AM
well it starts with not letting us test Important things in Beta's skills say hello .. just look at first iteration of blight any Blade Skills Storm burst and so on they either are dogshit or op as fuck , how can something like this even go live . I uderstand they wanna save such important things to keep the hype level up but since they never got it right in terms of Skills they should rethink that decision for the future

Sometimes they are. The ailment damage "millions of poison damage builds" fiasco is probably the biggest example of being out of touch with their player base because they were using a passive tree that the player base had no access to.

Almost making a change to frenzy charges that bricks a new unique they were hyping in an announcement just days prior was pretty bad too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info