[3.5] Mjölner Untethered 3.5 UPDATE! Mjölner is back! Uberelder+Shaper done

"
"
Sacr0 wrote:
discharge triggers "on hit", not on attack. for the case of 2.74 times a second you are right, with such an attack speed(unoptimal) it would only trigger "per attack" because the time between each hit would be slightly below 0.2ms meaning every 2. cyclone hit would not work because of the discharge cd. but an attack rate of 5 times per second is not needed. just think about an attack rate of 2.4 times/second resulting in 4.8 hits per second. this would mean that the first as well as the second hit from each cyclone would trigger because the hit would be every 0.208 and not fall into the discharge cd range.

our discussion about attack speed assumes a linear hitrate on cyclone
after doing some testing i cant confirm that it works this way. in fact, even a cyclone with a shitty as of 2.74/s discharge triggers around 4 times/second. i've been wondering why and this is what i've found.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669
this explains the cyclone mechanics quiet good in my opinion. Basically this guy says that we dont need any attack speed because we improve our cyclone hitrate via movement speed. after some testing, i tend to confirm that this is true.

the belt is still worth it. it does give us the ability to use 1 extra discharge per second (20% more dps). even if we cant hit the optimal proc rate and are slightly below it, we couldn't do the same with a discharge cd of 250ms (4 discharges per second). we'd also loose some discharges there due to unoptimal trigger times. i can't say if the boots are better for this build than the belt, maybe they are. both are best in slot items if you ask me.

Hi again. I'm still skeptical about this after reading a bit more myself.

This is what I am assuming about cyclone (based on Wiki and MarkGGG's posts):
1) Cyclone spins at your attack rate. So an attack time of 0.25 means you're spinning 4 times in one second.
2) Cyclone hits twice per spin. Assuming linear hit rate, that would mean a hit time of 0.125 (still within the discharge cooldown).
3) The minimum travel distance of cyclone is 10. A character's hitbox is 2. So the minimum distance is 5 characters' worth (standing side by side etc. i guess you can line up your masters in your h/o as close as possible to see how far that is?). Can you cover that 10 distance fast enough to start the next cyclone spin such that it happens faster than the cyclone attack rate? I have my doubts about that.

Don't get me wrong. I WANT this belt to be worth (I hit a +1 endu vaal on mine a few weeks back). I'm just trying to get definitive math on whether or not it's worth. My spin speed with zero buffs is 0.24s and goes to 0.23-something with buffs. Aiming for 0.2 but I find it's really tough investment-wise to stack that much without an aurabot.

Thanks for the objective discussion about this.

hi again, thanks for your links regarding cyclone behaviour (with attack speed). it was very interesting to read. i agree that scaling attack speed to a certain amount can optimize the discharge trigger rate. However, i dont think thats its really worth it to spend a lot of effort on attack speed. I still doubt that the cyclone hitrate is linear. it seems to hit twice at the start, followed by a longer break.
Movement speed is a very interesting component regarding cyclone. again, this thrad explains it well. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

i uploaded a small video that shows the effect of movement speed on the cyclone hitrate on my char. tested with a lvl 1 discharge gem. here it is : https://youtu.be/717Bw1OavZc
i think the hitrate while using a ms flask is better than without. i still cant tell you how many discharges per second it actually is though^^ the attack time on cyclone while testing was 0.36s
GOT It...didnt know the cold damage ordeal....thank you for pointing that out...
well looking at ur video i can tell u, u get 4 discharge per sec its really hard to time it but in all that videro there was no time frame where u reached 5 discharge per sec. Ive done alot of testing yesterday with my build that have more variable (crit), i sometime get 5 discharge sometime not depending on how im positioned, because there's is few immobile target. So what ive done is just apply Crit chance/ACC % n scale ur AS to be in line with the CD of cospri's (in ur case mjolner) so i don't find myself too slow or too fast. So in my case i must be around 5.5-5.8 AS since i have to factor crit. In ur case just take the reference of 4.5-4.7 n add ur Chance to hit to the calculation n u should be able to find ur target for AS to get 5 discharge on average per sec.

PS. use window media player n go in speed option for frame by frame view
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Sep 7, 2017, 7:32:34 AM
thanks for the tip with windows media player! helps a loooooot! i think my average discharge per second is slightly above 4. thats interesting because my cyclone attacks per second is only 2,78. HOWEVER due to the high movement speed, i am able to start cycloning 4 times a second! so if i can somehow reach a little bit more ms, maybe i am able to trigger 5 discharges per second if i start cycloning 5 times/second!
double post
Last edited by Sacr0 on Sep 7, 2017, 1:16:36 PM
what do you think of using Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt with this build?
i just made this character and didnt do uber lab yet so i cant keep the life leech potion up all the time, also i couldnt get a volls devotion with life leech yet. do you think that belt could be good or is the harbinger belt too good?
Can someone explain what we should be doing with Resistances? Should we be leaving all uncapped? Or should we be capping some and not the others? Or just cap all like normal? Im just not sure what is best since we are using Wise Oak.

Thanks.
Also is the cold damage to attacks on ring a requirement as well?
yes u need a cold dmg to att stats somewhere to trigger EE. EE is very important since it greatly increase ur dmg
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
malleundco wrote:
what do you think of using Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt with this build?
i just made this character and didnt do uber lab yet so i cant keep the life leech potion up all the time, also i couldnt get a volls devotion with life leech yet. do you think that belt could be good or is the harbinger belt too good?

doryani's is not worth it. the 0.2% leech doesn't have much impact. just use the flow untethered ;)

the resists should be capped with the wise oak. you pretty much always have lightning resi at max cuz you use vessel of vinktar. the rest is optional. best thing would be if fire+cold are the same so you get less dmg taken to those 2 elements. if you really wanna highroll, make fire+lightning resi the same. thats hard to achieve cuz you have to make it be the same with vessel+oak up.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Sep 7, 2017, 6:47:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info