[3.3] How to Smash Heads. Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker edition.

Hey man, this build looks really cool. I was thinking about giving it a try. But I was curious to see what your opinion would be on trying out this build using the Hierophant ascendancy? I recently tried Dark Pact as a Hierophant and have been loving having 4 totems and just watching things explode. Facebreakers and Ancestral Warchief have always interested me, though. Do you think there is potential, or do you think it would be more of a novelty?
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, my dps page says each totem is doing 20k for a total of 40k dps. Buffed I get around 32k per toem. It feels like bosses are taking way to long to finish. Is it because i dont have a 6L going?
Last edited by huyman01 on Aug 29, 2017, 6:33:22 AM
"
huyman01 wrote:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, my dps page says each totem is doing 20k for a total of 40k dps. Buffed I get around 32k per toem. It feels like bosses are taking way to long to finish. Is it because i dont have a 6L going?

Are you using concentrated effect on bosses?
@Onslaught4187

There is the potential of a Hierophant build being ... playble ... but that's about it. Basically the only thing that you care from the entire Hierophant tree are the extra 2 totems, which granted is pretty cool, even though you lose 28% of your totem damage when you have 4 totems laid down. That alone though is definitelly not enough to justify going for that ascendancy class compared to the marauder ones.

@huyman01 I can't really determine the problem and help you until i see your gear and tree.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@Onslaught4187 Sorry, here is my character and gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/huyman01/characters

@Yopsi I do switch for red maps bosses
Ok i see the issue. Why are you using Melee Splash support gem mate? Ancestral Warchief is an AoE ability and as such melee splash does nothing for it. You are essentially running a 4L at the moment. Perhaps you've been misreading it for melee physical damage?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh man, how embarrassing. I'll fix that right away, had it from leveling with protector and just forgot about it. I am enjoying your guide very much btw, thanks!
Last edited by huyman01 on Aug 29, 2017, 3:47:13 PM
I'm glad that you are having fun with it ^^

Btw guys i've updated the "My Build" section with my current gear and tree and i've added screenshots of my defense and offense.

Also i've added this Tier 15 Beachhead boss fight video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTito25yb4&feature=youtu.be
Great guide. All the detail and clearly painted. Thank you)
Zumpario

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info