[3.3] How to Smash Heads. Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker edition.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
I hope you'll have fun with it ^^

I'm sure I will have my fun with it.
Since my own two builds failed this league. (I don't have the currency to push it over its limits yet) I needed a Build to tackle the endgame. This was my choice.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
damn...I was reworking on my essence marauder, tried bezerker. it's awesome! Used 2 guides

but 10 minutes later i respec to chieftan....end game T16 maps became a joke to be honest: more survivability and ultimate lazee mode.

gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Molochmane on Aug 21, 2017, 4:49:12 AM
Sorry for asking maybe a dumb question, I am fairly new to this game.
What is the benefit of using curses over warcry as a chieftain? I find using rallying and enduring cry much more lazy and fun (referencing to your preference of lazy and effective build!) than manually applying curses all the time! Will the damage of Vulnerability surpass rallying cry later in the game? I am currently in A5 hardcore and loving this build!

Edit: I just thought of the taunt portion of warcry... Does it mess up my totems taunting?
Last edited by UrsolaMajor on Aug 21, 2017, 7:57:56 AM
@K4tz
Damn i'm stupid, never new such function existed :D Anyway, i've added gems and gear to the PoB build and i've posted it in the guide.

As for the curses and warcires. For me curses are much lazier because you use them once on rares (if you feel like it) and once or twice on bosses (of course more times vs say Guardians) and you can cast them from afar. On the other hand warcries have very low duration and you actually need to be in the face of your enemies to get the duration up (yet it still feels way too short). Of course that could be just me - test things for yourself and see what fits you best. As for the taunt - the monster will attack the latest source of a taunt.

@eviL_Bison
So far it works great. I've done everything with absolutely no problems though i'm yet to do guardians and shaper in the next few days. Did Pheonix today i'll upload it later

@Molochmane
That jewelry .... damn!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Added 2 videos:

Atziri with Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker Chieftain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I54OGnLmts&feature=youtu.be

The Eternal Labyrinth (Uber Lab) with Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker Chieftain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drTws6U0Rp8&feature=youtu.be

Added info in the "Leveling Guide" section.

Added info on enchantments.

P.S. I'll post the guardians tomorrow.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 21, 2017, 4:10:27 PM
Ok so here are the Guardian videos:

Phoenix:
Some basic tips - Just don't stay in the area of the Phoenix Firebomb and you'll be fine, thankfully it gives you plenty of time to get to safety. Overall a very easy fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcablqyvX4&feature=youtu.be

Chimera:
Some basic tips - His attacks can't really one-shot you but still, try to dodge what you can. If you are a Chieftain the totems will taunt the boss and the fight becomes a joke. Oh remember though that when he disappears and leaves smoke clouds on the battle field you'll need to run through the cloud that he's hiding in order to reveal him. The animal phases can be a bit scary if the map has damage mods ... so try to avoid them. Overall a very easy fight, maybe even the easiest of all four if you go with CHieftain, even though it is probably the longest one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Sm8CjgyrM&feature=youtu.be

Hydra:
Some basic tips - Two words - dodge stuff. Most of the things that will be thrown at you are very easy to dodge, just stay focused. You'll have easier time with Chieftan becuase yoour totems will taunt the actual guardian so there will be less things to dodge. Not a hard fight at all unless you are not good at dodging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9s11g5YUx0&feature=youtu.be

Minotaur:
Some basic tips - Always go in one direction. Say you go clockwise, then go clockwise until the boss is dead. Always see the Minotaur on the screen or at least listen for the time he will use his burrow attack. When he does burrow just shield charge away from your initial position where he'll reapear and deal tons of damage and can most certainly one-shot you. Pass through the lightning obstacle that slows you by using a shield charge. I'd say that this is the most difficult battle. The damage that the Guardian does is very high because of the Abyssus and on top of that the Minotaur has a lot of life. You could swap out Abyssus for Deidbell and you'll definitelly feel tankier but at the same time it will take longer to kill the boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkZzmQcGvos
thanks for the guide

I am working on farming currency to start with Facebreaker and other necessary stuff.

looking forward to watching you kill shaper.

I did kill shaper though not deathless because i kind of suck a it :/
Hi man

First of all i just wanna say great build guide u have here :)
Thanks for posting it and keep up the good work :D
Im currently following this guide now but with a little bit tweaks from myself.

Anyways, i just wanna ask a question
If i'm gonna use a 5 link Belly of the Beast, what gem do you think i should not be using from the 6 link gem setup at least for now until i get the belly to 6 link?

Thanks mate! As for your question i better quote the guide:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
2.. Skills and Support Gems

Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect + Ruthless + Maim

Short explanation:
This is your Ancestral Warchief gem setup and the support gems are listed in order of importance. S...[/spoiler]

So the 6th gem is Maim ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info