Audio Feedback.

Feel free to post any feedback on any audio that's already in game.
The audio guy.
Last edited by Erik on Feb 18, 2018, 9:04:22 PM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
There's one sound effect when you cast (at least, cast curses) while on a ranger or witch (I believe they use the same audio) that sounds as if I was taking a hit rather than casting.

It sounds a little like "aunnngh" (kind of hard to put sound effects in letters :P)
This is because all characters are using a temporary sound set, eventually we will be recording a large amount of dialogue and other character sounds! So for now it can't be changed.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
This is because all characters are using a temporary sound set, eventually we will be recording a large amount of dialogue and other character sounds! So for now it can't be changed.

That sounds nice!!

More character sounds and dialogue <3
I really disliked the moans of goatmen, they sound like any another animal dying. Goatmen should make a sound much more guttural and daemonick both when they engage in combat and upon death.

Best example imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--2j5FSauM

Goatmen should be a special monster in PoE as well, as they were my favourite monster type in Diablo I. Please keep an eye for them :)
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Feb 21, 2012, 6:00:40 AM
"
BrecMadak wrote:
I really disliked the moans of goatmen, they sound like any another animal dying. Goatmen should make a sound much more guttural and daemonick both when they engage in combat and upon death.

Best example imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--2j5FSauM

Goatmen should be a special monster in PoE as well, as they were my favourite monster type in Diablo I. Please keep an eye for them :)

I Agree, I will look into making the goatman audio a bit better.
The audio guy.
I generally like most of the sounds in the game ... much of the armor/weapon sound effects when being moved around are great. IIRC there are some chain helms that clank instead of sounding like chainmail, but maybe those are getting replaced eventually anyway.

Also, flasks don't seem to make much sound at all?

My biggest pet peeve with sound is the Witch when casting spells. She grunts way too much, sounds like Monica Seles playing tennis. Unh! Hah! Hah! Unh! Unh! ...enough already.

I wouldn't mind some sort of chant, mumbled incantations, maybe a mantra or magic word or something, but I suppose anything intelligible would take too long for most attack spells. Grunting seems out-of-character, and gets old REALLY fast.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:

:)
The audio guy.
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I have some feedback based on dozens of hours of play over the past couple months.

Pros:
LOVE the audio in the Church Dungeon. The music is very atmospheric and I love the crackle of the fire sconces on the walls. Hits it right out of the park!

Dark Forest is another one of my favorite audio zones, very scary.

...now onto the most annoying zone audio in the game (in my opinion).

The Rocky Climb, Act 1
Reason: there is this horn/goat/cow sound that echoes randomly in the audio and it is EXTREMELY loud. I have to turn my speakers down in that zone because I don't think the audio is mixed properly. I would suggest turning that cow moo/deep horn sound down a couple notches.
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar
Noted. I've been meaning to replace this for a while.
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info