[3.0] Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | All Bosses Down | Videos | Leveling | Budget Friendly

Working on a few updates tonight.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"

For most builds you either use Spell Echo or Faster Casting, my build uses both

But when i check gem of your staff i don't see spell echo ? only faster casting, any clue?
Last edited by Ongoy on Aug 21, 2017, 11:34:29 PM
"
Ongoy wrote:
"

For most builds you either use Spell Echo or Faster Casting, my build uses both

But when i check gem of your staff i don't see spell echo ? only faster casting, any clue?

Because Pledge of Hands has a built in level 30 Spell Echo.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
ok ! thanks !
Why would you change Power Charge on Crit with Controlled Destruction and Ice Bite/Added cold damage with Faster Casting like in the original witch build? I mean, the more crit strike, the better with our crit multi right? I don't understand why Controlled Destruction especially as it lowers our crit strike by a lot. At the moment i'm playing with 55k tooltip DPS /w Power Charge on crit (so i usually sit at 70% crit chance). I'd even say it's better to go: Freezing Pulse - Incr. Crit Strikes - Incr Crit Damage - Cold Penetration - Faster Casting (5L) - Added Cold Damage (6L), what do you think about it? Then we can safely run Projectile Weakness with blasphemy aura.

Also i noticed that running righteuous fire with my low HP pool (close to 4k) is way more too risky for way too little reward, even agains bosses (no Kaom's Heart here - idk if that changes it much but i highly doubt it)

@edit After taking a closer look at our skill tree all i can say is we can easily get +3 max power charges + 4% incr. spell damage per power charge (+24%spell damage and +18% crit chance)
Last edited by szulerecki on Aug 22, 2017, 11:12:18 AM
What was the 8/21/17 update?
"
szulerecki wrote:
Why would you change Power Charge on Crit with Controlled Destruction and Ice Bite/Added cold damage with Faster Casting like in the original witch build? I mean, the more crit strike, the better with our crit multi right? I don't understand why Controlled Destruction especially as it lowers our crit strike by a lot. At the moment i'm playing with 55k tooltip DPS /w Power Charge on crit (so i usually sit at 70% crit chance). I'd even say it's better to go: Freezing Pulse - Incr. Crit Strikes - Incr Crit Damage - Cold Penetration - Faster Casting (5L) - Added Cold Damage (6L), what do you think about it? Then we can safely run Projectile Weakness with blasphemy aura.

Also i noticed that running righteuous fire with my low HP pool (close to 4k) is way more too risky for way too little reward, even agains bosses (no Kaom's Heart here - idk if that changes it much but i highly doubt it)

@edit After taking a closer look at our skill tree all i can say is we can easily get +3 max power charges + 4% incr. spell damage per power charge (+24%spell damage and +18% crit chance)

Hey, fair questions. I think you have to realize that the main goal I set out to achieve when making this build was making it viable on all bosses.

That's why you don't see me recommending Ice Bite because it only has a chance to proc frenzy charges on kills, and in boss fights, there's not a lot to be killed, sure there's always add phases, but the amount you gain for how much little time the charges will be active, it's not worth taking.

When going through a lot of possible options related to power charges, the verdict was it's just easier and more efficient (AKA more possible damage & life) to not run Power Charges at all. You do proc them occasionally with the staff block node "Whirling Barrier" but they aren't doing much in reality for our build.

Regarding your edit, you're right, if we were to spend 9 points to pick up 3 extra power charges, and then sacrifice something to start proccing them, we'd gain 24% spell damage & roughly 18% crit chance. With the end game build I'm using this ends up being roughly 110k effective DPS out of the 1mil~ we roughly sit at.

So 9 points, and sacrificing something for 110k effective DPS out of a million. To give you some perspective here quickly, we pick up a couple 2 point jewel sockets, well 1 nicely rolled jewel can give you 75k DPS & life %, for 2 points. Picking up something like Arcane Potency which costs us 3 points, is a 110k DPS increase. So now you start seeing that 9 points for 110k DPS is not a very attractive choice, and that's before we even start calculating what are we giving up to generate the charges, and where are the 9 points coming from?

What could we possibly sacrifice to start generating power charges? Well, Cold Pen is 276k DPS. Controlled Destruction is 520k (remember, this is a "more" modifier, not an "increased" modifier, that's what makes this gem so strong, even with the crit chance loss). Added Cold is 230k. Increased Crit Strikes is 200k, and Faster Casting is 200k. So this means clearly, that linking PCoC on FP is not an option, there's no reason for it, because you're losing damage, and a nice chunk of damage, at that.

So what about a simple Orb of Storms + PCoC setup. What are we going to sacrifice in our gem section? The only real option is to put it in our boots with Lightning Warp & Faster Casting.

So lets say we go with the PCoC + Orb of Storms setup, where are those 9 points coming from? Life? I wouldn't suggest it, besides that, there really isn't anything else to take from, all of the damage nodes we take provide much more DPS per point than picking up Power Charges would ever give us.

If you take 9 points from life, you're losing 1300~ life. Probably not a smart move. But lets say we do it anyways. Then the final question would be, why wouldn't you just spend 8 points on 3 more jewel nodes? With 3 nicely rolled jewels that'll provide you with 200k DPS at least and that's not even including whatever life % rolls are on the jewels.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 22, 2017, 4:34:29 PM
"
jdweber1982 wrote:
What was the 8/21/17 update?

Fixed a couple errors in the guide and updated the gem section.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
"
szulerecki wrote:

Hey, fair questions. I think you have to realize that the main goal I set out to achieve when making this build was making it viable on all bosses.

That's why you don't see me recommending Ice Bite because it only has a chance to proc frenzy charges on kills, and in boss fights, there's not a lot to be killed, sure there's always add phases, but the amount you gain for how much little time the charges will be active, it's not worth taking.

When going through a lot of possible options related to power charges, the verdict was it's just easier and more efficient (AKA more possible damage & life) to not run Power Charges at all. You do proc them occasionally with the staff block node "Whirling Barrier" but they aren't doing much in reality for our build.

Regarding your edit, you're right, if we were to spend 9 points to pick up 3 extra power charges, and then sacrifice something to start proccing them, we'd gain 24% spell damage & roughly 18% crit chance. With the end game build I'm using this ends up being roughly 110k effective DPS out of the 1mil~ we roughly sit at.

So 9 points, and sacrificing something for 110k effective DPS out of a million. To give you some perspective here quickly, we pick up a couple 2 point jewel sockets, well 1 nicely rolled jewel can give you 75k DPS & life %, for 2 points. Picking up something like Arcane Potency which costs us 3 points, is a 110k DPS increase. So now you start seeing that 9 points for 110k DPS is not a very attractive choice, and that's before we even start calculating what are we giving up to generate the charges, and where are the 9 points coming from?

What could we possibly sacrifice to start generating power charges? Well, Cold Pen is 276k DPS. Controlled Destruction is 520k (remember, this is a "more" modifier, not an "increased" modifier, that's what makes this gem so strong, even with the crit chance loss). Added Cold is 230k. Increased Crit Strikes is 200k, and Faster Casting is 200k. So this means clearly, that linking PCoC on FP is not an option, there's no reason for it, because you're losing damage, and a nice chunk of damage, at that.

So what about a simple Orb of Storms + PCoC setup. What are we going to sacrifice in our gem section? The only real option is to put it in our boots with Lightning Warp & Faster Casting.

So lets say we go with the PCoC + Orb of Storms setup, where are those 9 points coming from? Life? I wouldn't suggest it, besides that, there really isn't anything else to take from, all of the damage nodes we take provide much more DPS per point than picking up Power Charges would ever give us.

If you take 9 points from life, you're losing 1300~ life. Probably not a smart move. But lets say we do it anyways. Then the final question would be, why wouldn't you just spend 8 points on 3 more jewel nodes? With 3 nicely rolled jewels that'll provide you with 200k DPS at least and that's not even including whatever life % rolls are on the jewels.

I was more speaking for a budget version as not everyone runs around with Kaom's and Accuity and honestly expensive amulaet (140c+ is really expensive). I honestly had to give up on this build because my clearspeed was mediocre to say the least and my survive ability when accidentally surrounded by mobs was terrible. Killing bosses with 62k DPS (5l Pledge, your suggested gem setup, all ascendacies) and 3,2k life (i honestly have no clue how to bring it higher beside buying Kaom's and grabbing the life nodes i left for DPS to actually be able to kill map bosses) was a pain. Maybe you can take a look at my character and tell me what should i do next to actually farm currency to buy upgrades with this build?

@edit

At the moment im playing on my Flicker Strike named AbosluteMadmen so Belt, jewelery and gloves from there are also used on my CritPreezingFulse
Last edited by szulerecki on Aug 22, 2017, 5:47:36 PM
"
szulerecki wrote:
"
"
szulerecki wrote:

I was more speaking for a budget version as not everyone runs around with Kaom's and Accuity and honestly expensive amulaet (140c+ is really expensive). I honestly had to give up on this build because my clearspeed was mediocre to say the least and my survive ability when accidentally surrounded by mobs was terrible. Killing bosses with 62k DPS (5l Pledge, your suggested gem setup, all ascendacies) and 3,2k life (i honestly have no clue how to bring it higher beside buying Kaom's and grabbing the life nodes i left for DPS to actually be able to kill map bosses) was a pain. Maybe you can take a look at my character and tell me what should i do next to actually farm currency to buy upgrades with this build?

I'd love to look at your character but it seems to be set to private. Playing with 3200 life sounds miserable, tooltip doesn't say much, besides most of our damage comes from things not calculated in tooltip anyways.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 22, 2017, 5:39:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info