FPS Drops 3.0

Since 3.0 i instantly noticed that the game wasn't running as smooth as usual but once i hit maps it just became unplayable, can't open any breach otherwise my game freezes for like 4 secs, then i get like 3 fps and anytime i see an harbinger my frames drop from like 35-30 to 10-5.
I don't know what happened with 3.0 but when i played during 2.4 and a little during 2.6 everything was smooth, 60 fps stable maybe 45-50 when there was some mess and at the most around 20-25 in the most chaotic breach.
Last edited by oblio12 on Aug 16, 2017, 12:40:43 PM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2017, 4:33:49 PM
+++
I can attest to that! My frames went from 130+ in 2.6 to as low as 10/15 in some areas like act 5 for example.
I play PoE for many years. Since it was released actually, and I always had 120+ stable fps. Now when 3.0 released my fps keeps jumping from 20 to 200 up and down, it's unplayable. "performance improvements" lol. Not gonna play until they fix this (and yes I tried both dx11 and dx9).
I play on i5 4460 (3.20ghz), 8gb ram, gtx750.
Same here, before 3.0 i was able to play the game even on my old laptop, now even my PC that is i7, 16gb ram and rx470 drops to even 0 FPS when i meet flame dashing harbringer it just freezes my poe screen for 2-3 seconds. Talk about improved performance.
IGN - ReadyToRoll
same here but to be more specific its like that since patch 3.0.1. at the start of 3.0 everything was fine
Has there been any help with this at all? I have the same problem still and haven't seen a fix or a reply anywhere on the forum.
Last edited by zythron on Aug 31, 2017, 10:07:40 PM
I have the same problem :((

Massive fps drops ... some maps are not playable .. and so many times i have in town fps drops!

sorry i can not tell detailed the problems while english is not my language.
Same here. Massive fps drop with dx9 or dx9ex. Dx11 with dynamic resolution works kinda better although it rescallles my resolution down a lot, however when using dx11 I am gettign unexpected disconnect nearly every time when loading (changing) zone.
same as u since 3.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info