D3 2.6.1 PTR patch notes

D3 endgame content since sets took over hinges on arbitrarily turning the difficulty dial up to 11. Identical content with scaled hp, damage, attack speed overcome by scaled items^(scaled items). Much fun, many hours of enjoyment for bots. Not that any arpg isn't repetitive, but where is the sense of accomplishment when you have all your gear in 2 days and spent the next 2 months increasing the numbers on the exact same items?
Of course D3 endgame is more difficult with infinite scaling. What an idiotic argument is this?

A fair comparison cannot be made unless you find some variable like "Shaper fight = random D3 encounter". Then you could compare which is mechanically more challenging: Fighting Shaper or fighting a corresponding enemy in D3.
"
gnr112 wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
I'm starting to get sick of the nerf fallacy.
Yes, every patch introduces new nerfs, but the game has introduced way more buffs than nerfs over the years. The power level players can achieve with mediocre gear today is far beyond what was possible with the best gear years ago.

I've only played crit melee and spectral throw since I started playing POE, so I cannot speak for all builds.
With that said, I don't recall any big buff to crit builds or melee characters in general.
In fact, I could recall them nerfing block builds, life nodes, AoE, crit multiplier, crit chance (even my mirrored Loath bane got affected), tried to nerf VP then restored it back to original state.

As a matter of fact, The only significant buff I could remember, do remind me of any buffs that I had missed out, was the introduction of Ascendancy.

Buffs and nerfs aside, PoE has many balance problems. Melee vs ranged is one of them. There's an argument to be made that melee is worse off than it was a few patches ago (although I don't really remember so I can't say for sure).

I was talking about the game in general. People weren't clearing strand in under 1 minute 2 years ago, and absolutely not 3-5 years ago. The power level was much, much lower. Most buffs in PoE don't come in the form of increasing numbers, but by introducing new stuff to the game. Forsaken Masters and Ascendancy are the big ones. But there are many, many small things like the introduction of jewels, unique flasks and many many more. All of this adds up to an increased power level, which GGG is fighting by tweeking (mostly nerfing) numbers.

I think GGG has made many questionable and some outright stupid balance decisions over the years. But still, while some patches might have resulted in an overall lower power level, if you take a look at the bigger picture, the power level of players has increased dramatically.
Last edited by Reizoko on Aug 17, 2017, 5:17:08 AM
"
ladish wrote:
D3 endgame content since sets took over hinges on arbitrarily turning the difficulty dial up to 11. Identical content with scaled hp, damage, attack speed overcome by scaled items^(scaled items). Much fun, many hours of enjoyment for bots. Not that any arpg isn't repetitive, but where is the sense of accomplishment when you have all your gear in 2 days and spent the next 2 months increasing the numbers on the exact same items?

YOu can complain about how easy to gear D3, & how fast things turn into a grind, which is irony given how grindy GGG is in end game.

However there is a meaningful & game design reason for infinite difficulties. The problem I see with many people here is, people comment on D3 base on paper theory & not sufficient gameplay experience.

What high difficulty bring to the table is that every end game buffed gear builds do not turn into a mindless speedrun build kike in PoE now. When white mobs died in 1-2 what gameplay actions is need than to move fast between pack until the end boss. You can play these PoE style speed build in D3 as well, if you stick to the normal difficultes which is up to Tier (Torment) 13 when you are powerful enough.

When you have higher diff, you will rach a point you can no longer 1-shot mobs so, debuf/Buff, crwod control, steategize how to apprach mobs will more apparent. To tackle even higher content, you will need to group with people, player synergy matters.

People keep coming back to D3 dispite some design flaw, because the gameplay experience. especially high end MP, 1 need to be play to understand.
"
kiadaw wrote:
When you have higher diff, you will rach a point you can no longer 1-shot mobs so, debuf/Buff, crwod control, steategize how to apprach mobs will more apparent. To tackle even higher content, you will need to group with people, player synergy matters.

This is something that the average POE player would never understand.

D3 endgame requires you to compete with the best. Top players being recognized by leaderboard ranks.
POE endgame is holding down 1 button and killing Shaper in 3 seconds.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Aug 17, 2017, 5:50:58 AM
"Competitive D3" made me chuckle a bit. The only competitive aspect other than obviously using the most powerful meta set build pre-generated for you is to farm paragon levels. Since the progress, as you so proudly say, is infinite you can farm up your infinite primary stat and proceed into more and more challenging rifts. The grind is fairly obvious and mindless, this is why the game is so hated.
"
gnr112 wrote:

As a matter of fact, The only significant buff I could remember, do remind me of any buffs that I had missed out, was the introduction of Ascendancy.

You missed the 5% buff to glacial hammer
"
DAKKONx wrote:
"
kiadaw wrote:

D3 endgame requires you to compete with the best. Top players being recognized by leaderboard ranks.

D3 endgame is just a treadmill that keeps getting steeper so yeah it defiantly gets hard

but I like that PoE has set endgame bosses
I dont see any any key!
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Half of these people that play PoE have no clue what they are even talking about when it comes to Diablo 3. Diablo 3 end game has its faults, but difficulty is not one of them. These people just make EL OH EL D3 is for casuals cause its a Blizzard yet have zero clue what difficulty lies in high tier Greater Rifts.

They call it casual because they view trading as "hardcore". And if they cannot use this "hardcore" element to bypass everything, it's "too casual".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
DAKKONx wrote:
"
kiadaw wrote:

D3 endgame is just a treadmill that keeps getting steeper so yeah it defiantly gets hard

but I like that PoE has set endgame bosses

End game bosses are nice & D3 can certainly do with them. But in D3, at higher GR, normal mobs are just as challenging & doesn't fall like nomino as you stream roll them like in PoE.

hard mobs also encourage more group play. High Greater Rift MP exprience must be experine to appreciate. Its not simpe everyone buff/debuff & spam their main attack skills. There are active roles for each members (ala WoW but lighter). When teh team workd well, its very fun.

Yeahm so people keep coming back o D3 is that it has very soild combat & MP experience.

Last edited by kiadaw on Aug 17, 2017, 11:15:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info