[3.0] Raider - Poison Blade Flurry

Introduction
Hiyo! I'm Schrade, and this is my first time I made a build from scratch on my own (I usually copy and paste other builds, then modify them to fit my playstyle).
It all started when I dropped a second "The Wasp Nest" unique claw, Dendrobate, Maligaro's Cruelty and The Embalmer (all of them almost in a row). Initially I wanted to sell them but apparently no one was interested, so I tried to make a build out of those and turns out, it wasn't that bad ^^ but it's not top tier like the others are =\

Videos
Spoiler
Atziri budget version: https://youtu.be/HqYgrCGMX2o
Atziri: https://youtu.be/AWSnqHsX16E
Shaped Tropical Island: https://youtu.be/L5upTUTBB90
Shaped Gorge: https://youtu.be/SNd2UH8rWTs
Shaped Coves: https://youtu.be/Vn5qcLjrMr0

Skill Tree
Spoiler
Bandits
Kraityn or 2 passive points

I currently have not decided which is one the best (most likely the balanced version), but I have 3 variations once one reaches lv 89/90

"Balanced": http://poeurl.com/bsRG
More life at the cost of dps: http://poeurl.com/bsRH
More dps at the cost of life: http://poeurl.com/bsRL

There's actually no need to take Mana/Primal Spirit in the ranger area, I took it only for the strenght/intelligence, it's probably better to spend them on a jewel socket if you have/afford a good one.

Ascendancy and Pantheon
Spoiler
Normal: Way of the Poacher
Cruel: Avatar of the Slaughter
Merciless: Rapid assault
Uber: Avatar of the Chase

Major God: Sould of the Brine King
Minor God: Sould of Tukohama

Gear
Spoiler
Main weapon/s

2x Wasp Nest are your starting weapons.
If you are willing to invest a bit more in the build, then go for Breath of the Council, try to get the highest chaos damage roll.

Equip the mace in the main hand and the claw in the offhand if you picked the Ambidexterity node

Body Armour

Is extremely cheap and quiet potent if you meet the requirement stats, well dexterity isn't really a problem...
Try getting the highest poison damage/duration values you can get if you want more dps.

Gloves

Look for high poison duration and life. The added chaos is a just an extra, but higher the values the better.

Amulet
You can Either go with

or a rare amulet, with life, resist and accuracy.
I chose to go for Maligaro's in the end because should be an easy replacement if you want to corrupt it and get a +1 curse

Rest of the gear
Only rares with life, resist and intelligence until you reach 150 for the poison duration.

Movement speed on boots are not strictly needed, but are nice to have.

Flasks

An instant Divine life flask is pretty much required, still trying to craft one with anti bleeding so I can change the 2nd life flask.
Witchfire Brew, only if you have a +1 curse, otherwise is pretty useless. A blue Stibnite with anti freeze/shock or whatever you need is better.
I really like the Basalt Flask for the mitigation and Silver Flask when dealing with bosses, since they don't always spawn mobs.

Gem Links
Spoiler

Main attack. It's important to socket them in Dendrobate for the lesser poison support it gives.
Blade Flurry - Added Chaos Damage - Vile Toxins - Melee Physical Damage - Unbound Ailments (5L) - Deadly Ailments (6L)

Movement skill
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

Defensive skills
Temporal chains - Blasphemy (also used to increase poison duration)
Arctic Armour
Cast When damage taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Grace

Extra skills
Abyssal Cry - Increased Area of Effect (to instantly clear large packs)
Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Increased Duration (mostly for single target)
Flame Dash if you can fit it in, to get out of nasty situations (damn you Burtok!)

Last edited by schradex on Aug 25, 2017, 5:44:23 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2017, 4:06:32 AM
Interesting,
I was trying to make use of the claw - at first I was looking at a possible spectral throw build, with viper strike as single target. And using Yriel's Fostering over dendrobate.
Going assassin too as seemed a shame not to use the claw's good crit chance.
Didn't really work out, was going to retry in PoB with Raider, but this is probably looking like a better bet anyway.
I'll have a play with it later.
how are you leveling til you can use the uniques?
"
Carlovski wrote:
Interesting,
I was trying to make use of the claw - at first I was looking at a possible spectral throw build, with viper strike as single target. And using Yriel's Fostering over dendrobate.
Going assassin too as seemed a shame not to use the claw's good crit chance.
Didn't really work out, was going to retry in PoB with Raider, but this is probably looking like a better bet anyway.
I'll have a play with it later.

Yeah, was thinking about something similar at first, but then I realized so many stuff are needed, like crit multi/chance and some accuracy. I also tried to make something out of trickster, but as a melee it's pretty hard to sustain frenzy to make use of his ascendancy in combination of the necklace when fighting bosses =\

"
dragon5047 wrote:
how are you leveling til you can use the uniques?

For leveling I used Frost Blades with, 2xRedbeak at lv1, 2x The Princess at lv10, all the way to lv34. You can go with Ewar's Mirage at lv26 just to speed up a little bit the leveling. At lv31 I started to level Added Chaos Damage, at lv34 I went with 2x Mortem Morsu and Blade Flurry, linked with Added Chaos Damage, Melee Physical Damage and I believe was Vile Toxins as my 4th, that all the way till lv60, when you can equip the uniques.
As for the tree, grab all the life nodes first, until you are comfortable, take the claw nodes, then it's either attack speed/damage or poison nodes, personally I went for attack speed for a faster whirling blade.
I'm levelling with Mortem Morsu right now (Used al dhih for a bit too).
Relentless fury offhand is a decent option for onslaught (Until you get the ascendancy) and culling.

I did a bit of spectral throw, it's quite nice and I'll play with it (And using viper strike in the gloves) when geared and levelled.
Problem is it doesn't play nicely with dual wield. It might be a swap option for faster clearing though - blade flurry aoe isn't great.

Having no luck 6 linking the chest, and getting quite poor now!

While trying to get a curse maligaro ammy, I hit a +1 frenzy curse one first, which I'll stick with for now. Need to decide if it's worth using a deodre's damming (Corrupt for chaos damage ideally) or windscream to run witchfire or not.
Life total gets a bit sketchy then though. I even looked at using Kaom's roots + iron reflexes, but don't really like it.

Path of building is showing some crazy dps numbers with a full stack of wither up - but falls off hugely against shaper, as expected.
"
Carlovski wrote:
I'm levelling with Mortem Morsu right now (Used al dhih for a bit too).
Relentless fury offhand is a decent option for onslaught (Until you get the ascendancy) and culling.

I did a bit of spectral throw, it's quite nice and I'll play with it (And using viper strike in the gloves) when geared and levelled.
Problem is it doesn't play nicely with dual wield. It might be a swap option for faster clearing though - blade flurry aoe isn't great.

Having no luck 6 linking the chest, and getting quite poor now!

While trying to get a curse maligaro ammy, I hit a +1 frenzy curse one first, which I'll stick with for now. Need to decide if it's worth using a deodre's damming (Corrupt for chaos damage ideally) or windscream to run witchfire or not.
Life total gets a bit sketchy then though. I even looked at using Kaom's roots + iron reflexes, but don't really like it.

Path of building is showing some crazy dps numbers with a full stack of wither up - but falls off hugely against shaper, as expected.

Yeah, clearing packs with blade flurry only without any aoe investment, isn't really great xD
What about using a shield, like Lycosidae instead of dual wielding? The damage drops a little bit, but you get some life, block and hits can't be evaded.

Also I tried to change the amulet to +1 frenzy (which I totally forgot about that corruption) on PoB, and the total dps it's pratically the same as having a +1 curse and Witchfire up, if not slightly better =O

Numbers get even higher if you add Blight and the jewels on PoB, even tho it's almost impossible to keep wither and blight at the same time alone with this build xP
Hmm, good point, barely a difference against bosses (All that matters really), and it's more damage vs shaper, and lets me run an additional utility flask. Plus it's slightly more whirling speed.
Not worth dropping a ring/boot for then.
Strange, you would think it would have more of an effect, even with boss curse effectiveness.
Yeah, Lyco would be the option, though accuracy shouldn't be too bad anyway. Maybe even lioneyes shield for the life. I'll have a play.

For clearing with BF i'll probably drop unbound ailments for in aoe. Unfortunately deadly ailments is the wrong colour as that's the better one to drop (Not reducing the hit damage is even better for clear). Unless I can white socket corrupt the chest!
Last edited by Carlovski on Aug 17, 2017, 2:42:58 PM
Trying this build out now, level 78 how much health do you have? the only problem I am noticing with this build is tankyness.
if the vile toxin on the embalmer is not used why not just use snakebite or is there a specific reason you're not?

great build btw currently leveling with this character!!
Last edited by dragon5047 on Aug 18, 2017, 5:31:23 AM
"
dragon5047 wrote:
if the vile toxin on the embalmer is not used why not just use snakebite or is there a specific reason you're not?

great build btw currently leveling with this character!!

It's for the poison duration and small bit of flat chaos (And fits the theme!). They have a decent life total too, and are dirt cheap.

I've been playing around with a spectral throw variant who could use viper strike in the gloves, though its a bit awkward, not a lot of synergy.

Snakebites could work, could save a poison chance point (The others you would take anyway). Would fill the poison gap if you wanted to use a rare claw instead of wasp's nest so would be a good option then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info