[3.0] MOM RF Scorching Ray Scion (Trick/Inquis) - 450k+ DPS - Cheap League Start - Use RF at lvl 50!

This is my favorite build so far, by the way.

1. Character looks cool (also found a six link corrupted Saint's Hauberk with the stats needed and sockets required for Scorching Ray and it looks nice.)
2. Doesn't move very fast but clears out mobs quickly.
3. I'm the empress now.
4. My fire and explosion magic fetish.
5. Large numbers.
6. Only spent 30co.
Glad you are enjoying the build!

You can take cast speed or elemental damage on the Shadow start. Cast speed is decent utility for the build, and those nodes are very efficient for it. It is worth noting that I ended up swapping to the elemental damage anyway for the extra damage, so that's certainly good too.

You should take Entropy over Elemental Focus, it's something I didn't notice for some reason. At some point I'll update the guide to include a few small changes and things I discovered while playing it.
It's better to get Bloodless than the three +5% scion cluster and extra +5% after Heart of the Warrior but you've probably already noticed by now.
Thanks for pointing that out, I need to do an updated version before 3.1 hits. I might make a video guide rather than a shitty showcase in a few weeks.
Have you looked into going necromancer over inquisitor for the extra damage since you'll be using an aura, have some damage reduction, get little bit extra if using immortal call, and free chaos res. The inquisitor seems like it could add some survivability when it drops consecrated ground, but while mapping that could be pretty inconsistent.
Necro is certainly a viable option, however I notice consecrated ground pretty often and like the feel. The extra crit chance Inquis gets helps sustain Elemental Overload as well. Feel free to experiment with Necro if you want, it certainly wont break the build.
I'm dying for an update to this build... is there still one coming?
Working on it now, leveling a new character and recording the whole thing so I can make a video guide. It will probably take a while, but should be pretty cool once it's done. The only real change with this patch is the nerf to RotP and the buff to flat regen on gear (don't think the latter will be that impactfull). If you don't want to wait for the update, you can do the same thing as this build does and either use new RotP or Saffel's Frame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info