[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

"
Kiranda wrote:
I really enjoy the playstyle of the build but struggle with elder atm and get oneshot by some mob-groups randomly way more often than is enjoyable (playing the MoM version). I feel like the build sacrifices too much defense for damage and can't really hold up in the later stages of the game- I don't have the "recommended" build complete yet, but the items I miss shouldn't bump my survivability by much. Big hits drain the manapool instantly while bumping me down to about 20-30% life aswell. I even respecced into some more life for consistency and tried to play without phase acrobatics and phase acrobatics but it doesn't make much of a difference. I also considered trying out the energy shield version since it looks tankier on paper- not quite sure if it's worth the investment though.
If you have any recomendations for me I'd be happy to hear them :) Otherwise I might switch to another build, which is a shame since Kitava's is so much fun.

I'm having the same problem but much much earlier. I'm lv 72 with 3k life, 600 ES, 1800 unreserved mana, and capped elemental resists. I'm getting 1-shot by random packs in T1 non-magic maps and I have no idea why. Is there any way you could look at my character and tell me what's causing it? This build seems so tricky to me and I really love it but random 5500 dmg hits seem to be coming in bringing me from full to dead.
"
Eulogy37 wrote:
I'm having the same problem but much much earlier. I'm lv 72 with 3k life, 600 ES, 1800 unreserved mana, and capped elemental resists. I'm getting 1-shot by random packs in T1 non-magic maps and I have no idea why. Is there any way you could look at my character and tell me what's causing it? This build seems so tricky to me and I really love it but random 5500 dmg hits seem to be coming in bringing me from full to dead.

Hi, your build is on the right way, but yeah I'd make some adjustments :
-You need to take the jewel sockets, I see you're going for the one on the left, so I guess you're gonna take the others too. You need much more mana to keep going, so look for life/mana/damage jewels.
-Same for the rares, look for life/mana. And drop that belt. :)
-You can add a clarity watcher's eye to push MoM efficiency.
-I do like using a Quartz flask too, to improve the dodge.

You can easily gain 1k effective hp with those upgrades, it should be better for maps.

I found out that sometimes this build is a little tough around the levels 70-75, if you're starting maps without updrading the gear. It begins to shine at lvl 80.

Good luck !
Bump with info for the next league.

I'll be unavailable the the first week of Delvre, so I'll begin a little later this time.
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
Bump with info for the next league.

I'll be unavailable the the first week of Delvre, so I'll begin a little later this time.

your PoB links don't work anymore, because there are some difference in the passive tree in 3.4, it only shows point allocation up to lv 79.
i downloaded an older version of PoB. this is the old and new section.

old

new

Last edited by Asunaki_Tabi on Sep 3, 2018, 9:21:09 AM
esta build es una pija
I'm going to try this build with Frenzy and Thief's Torment since I've not seen an attack based version yet.

Dual Apep's Rage, Doedre's Malevolence, and a few support gems get Frenzy over the 100 mana limit. Trickster gives your 7th frenzy charge.

Arc, Ball Lightning, Added Chaos, and ??? in the Thirst. Lightning Warp? Controlled Destruction? Freezing Pulse?

I still don't know how much investment is needed to sustain this, or if it approaches Pen builds in damage but we'll see!

Other gear: Atziri's flask, possibly an Incandescent Heart depending on the colouring?

Any suggestions?

edit: you could also use Quill Rain + Fevered Mind to get over the 100 cost too, that might well out-damage the wand attacker above. The Torment makes a lot of things possible.
Last edited by AlsoD on Sep 7, 2018, 9:20:34 PM
"
Asunaki_Tabi wrote:
your PoB links don't work anymore, because there are some difference in the passive tree in 3.4, it only shows point allocation up to lv 79.

Thanks, I overlooked it when I checked the updates. I added a new PoB link at the start.

"
AlsoD wrote:
I'm going to try this build with Frenzy and Thief's Torment since I've not seen an attack based version yet.

Dual Apep's Rage, Doedre's Malevolence, and a few support gems get Frenzy over the 100 mana limit. Trickster gives your 7th frenzy charge.

Arc, Ball Lightning, Added Chaos, and ??? in the Thirst. Lightning Warp? Controlled Destruction? Freezing Pulse?

I still don't know how much investment is needed to sustain this, or if it approaches Pen builds in damage but we'll see!

Other gear: Atziri's flask, possibly an Incandescent Heart depending on the colouring?

Any suggestions?

edit: you could also use Quill Rain + Fevered Mind to get over the 100 cost too, that might well out-damage the wand attacker above. The Torment makes a lot of things possible.

I tried out Pen versions of this build, the clearing is quite good though single target is way down compared to Flame Surge Combined with EE. Besides, the Pens tend to leave Kitava's Thirst left behind, so basically you're trading single target damage for clear speed/mobility.

I'll think about a high AS weapaon version. The Thief's Torment is indeed a smart choice, although it'll be required to get less of the other uniques I use, since I usually use rings to balance my resists for Wise Oak.

Frenzy Curse on hit with Fevered mind and Doedre's Malevolence should be quite good. In the helmet, Arc + BL seems good with Added Chaos and Controlled Destruction.

I'm curious to know how it goes, let me know your progress. :)
Quill Rain Frenzy update:

I'm level 82, sitting at 3.7k life, 2k mana, with Cloak of Defiance. Currently at about tier 6 maps.

Running Arc, EK, and Bladefall with Vile Toxins at 9.5 attacks/s.
Clear speed and single-target both seem good although I removed lightning warp as it was a dps hit and I found it really annoying. Magma Orb was totally useless with this level of projectile speed.

Using just the trickster ascendancy, TT, and an Essence of Insanity amulet I can just about sustain my pool on a single target. I calculate you'd need about 2.5k max mana to do it comfortably (then a Watcher's Eye lets you either drop the amulet or lower the pool to 1.8k or so).

Once I get my mana up enough (from jewels and amulet) I might switch to QoTF and Darkray Vectors for maximum delving action.

Theory Crafting:
The Essence of Insanity Amulet with a Watcher's Eye might make an Assassin version possible which would be a huge dps increase BUT you need a total pool of about 3k mana which seems difficult (you need 3-5 T1 mana abyssal jewels). I think I'll try it next.
Last edited by AlsoD on Sep 16, 2018, 9:05:19 AM
So in summary the build is definitely viable. Variants are:
- budget (15c): dual Apep's Trickster
- medium (85c): Quill Rain + Fevered Mind Trickster
- high (3ex): Watcher's Eye + Fevered Mind Assassin

Just from a rough PoB the Assassin does nearly double the Trickster's damage. It would look like this: https://pastebin.com/RfFJshRY

Note that I couldn't get PoB to calculate Kitava's Thirst so you need to manually add up the per-hit damage (base + poison * chance to poison) for each skill, then multiply that by 0.3 and your attacks per second.
Last edited by AlsoD on Sep 16, 2018, 1:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info