[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

hello Sarodh1,

I will play this build for the bestiary league.
I had already tested it a little bit during a week race, and its potential had seemed interesting to me.

Some questions :

If I understood correctly, for the moment you advise a departure in ES (FS / Magma Orb), with a pledge of hand. Before that would you have tricks for the leveling progression?

About trickster's ascendancy : Escape artist seems essential for survivability with a body armour with a good amount of evade, but what do you think of the other nodes of ascendant?

I'm a little afraid that survival at the end-game difficulties, especially to finish the atlas, have your previous experiences been reassuring?

Thanks for the build & have lot of fun on this new league
Hi, I'm glad you like this build, thanks !

"
If I understood correctly, for the moment you advise a departure in ES (FS / Magma Orb), with a pledge of hand. Before that would you have tricks for the leveling progression?

Until you activate the build, the levelling is really flexible, you can basically use any spell you like. If you're looking for efficiency, the current meta isn't kind on AoE spells, so I'll go with Frostbolt or Magma Orb.
If you need efficiency, and can afford it :
-Buy two Poet's Pens asap
-Frostbolt in one, Magma Orb in another
-Rush intel jewel sockets, then EE
-Wreck everything spamming Silver/Quicksilver until maps

"
About trickster's ascendancy : Escape artist seems essential for survivability with a body armour with a good amount of evade, but what do you think of the other nodes of ascendant?

I originally designed this build as a boss killer, so I try to avoid on kill effects.
If you wanna improve clear speed instead, you can take Swift Killer instead of Harness the Void.
Patient Reaper has nice effects to increase leech, but I think it's not worth the points. Prolonged Pain is irrelevant to this build.

"
I'm a little afraid that survival at the end-game difficulties, especially to finish the atlas, have your previous experiences been reassuring?

For clearing maps, I've never had any issues, I've been fully clearing the atlas since 3.0, however since Flame Dash is the only viable movement skill, dodging Guardians'/Shaper's skills require constant concentration and can be very punitive. Sometimes I get greedy, I try to DPS for too long, and get hit by a frostbolt.
The version using dagger/shield allows Whirling Blades, which trades DPS for mobility. However, if you go this way, don't forget you need 6 blue sockets on your chest. It's fairly easy to have with something like Carcass Jack, not so easy with Hyrri's Ire.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Mar 2, 2018, 8:21:27 AM
Anymore updates on how this build fares in 3.2?
I play this one since the beginning of the league, & i'm lvl69, just on the transition between lvling gear and end game gear, everything is cheap (staff+jews+helmet for 10 cs).
Would love more of an update for how 3.2 is going. I just feel like this build seems awfully squishy with only around 5k ES. I get that you'd have a lot of evasion / some block but it seems like the odds of getting 1 shot are quite high.
"
Tuck359 wrote:
Would love more of an update for how 3.2 is going. I just feel like this build seems awfully squishy with only around 5k ES. I get that you'd have a lot of evasion / some block but it seems like the odds of getting 1 shot are quite high.

Sorry for the delay, this is actually my second char, I'm currently level 73, 4k shield, 29k eva with flasks on, 36% dodge, 30% spell dodge with quartz, and mapping in yellow maps with no issues.

I'm trying several things to sustain ES/mana, and things like Herald of Ash, or dual curse.
No worries. I appreciate the update and the build looks very fun so I was just wondering how it fared! Haven't played a CI build in awhile and the 4-5k number just seemed lowish for red maps and Shaper
Yep, it scared me too at the begining, as it's the first CI/eva build I've done in all my years of PoE, but it's actually really nice. Still, I wouldn't recommend to do mindless farming with this one.

I'll update my current PoB on the original post.
Feels like I'm missing something here... Where do you get the leech from (since you have the Ghost Reaver node)?
CDWT + Warlord's Mark. Blasphemy annoys me, I try not to use it when I can. It works well, and it gives me endurance charges, so for now I'll keep using it.
I might get an Elder amulet with leech if I find a good one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info