[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Hey, first of all you made an awesome build there:)
Quite hard to get in bit it's way more funny then the many popular builds.

What do you think of investing into headhunter and replacing the body with a rare one to keep the resistance?
Hi, HH is on my bucket list, I've never had the playtime to farm it.
There's no use as a bosskiller, but the cast speed while mapping must be so damn fun. :D
This build is insane, thankyou for this !

Just a question though, aside from enchants and maybe corrupts my gear is pretty decent and i dont see where to go from here aside from min maxing bit by bit.

Do you think somehow the damage would be better ( obviously not a budget version ) so change from a 2H to two 1H ( maybe elder or shaper items ) that have insane stats and make the chest a 6link? or do you think the damage would be way worse purely cause of the spell damage and lvl 30 echo.

"
Tinamarina wrote:
Just a question though, aside from enchants and maybe corrupts my gear is pretty decent and i dont see where to go from here aside from min maxing bit by bit.

Pretty good gear indeed, 21/20 Flame Surge is your next step before minmaxing. Maybe Watcher's Eye with double Clarity mod, like MoM.
I suggest using only a lvl 1 Clarity. The mana regen is irrelevant in this build, and you can gain more effective hp by freeing mana.

"
Do you think somehow the damage would be better ( obviously not a budget version ) so change from a 2H to two 1H ( maybe elder or shaper items ) that have insane stats and make the chest a 6link? or do you think the damage would be way worse purely cause of the spell damage and lvl 30 echo.

I thought about it, but it'd be very, very expensive. Even a +4 chest barely makes up for the loss of Spell Echo, and on top of that you need weapons that can compensate for the loss of 160% increased damage and around 1000 mana. I'm not even talking about the fact that you'd need 6 blue sockets on a eva (maybe eva/es) chest.

Shaper/Elder items are stronger with physical spells (like BV) because of the conversion mechanics and the interaction with Harness the Void, but not much with Flame Surge.

Having 1H is much better for mobility though, with the possibility of using Whirling Blades, and Fortify as a bonus. But if you're looking for pure DPS, 2H weapons are kings. Pledge of Hands, Grey Spire, Duskdawn, even Soulwrest can be pretty fun with a couple changes on the setup. That gave me an idea, btw. :)
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Apr 7, 2019, 10:27:29 AM
Awesome, ill change the clarity and look for them upgrades, exciting for your updates, this is my favourite build so far in years of on and off, kudos to you sir :)
Thanks, good luck, and have fun ! :)
Did you craft your amulet if so how?
The leech mod comes from Atzoatl boss. I didn't craft it, just bought and slapped some aoe damage on it.
If you want to craft something, I'd recommend trying to have a rare with the single desired mod through beastcrafting/annuling, then multimod.
Hey! First of all good job for the build. I've been following the build for a few leagues but I never got myself to try it out and oh boy it feels great.
Favourite build of the league.

Posting my gear so you can recommend me stuff to improve since I'm not sure what would the next step be

I have a concern. I die sometimes vs hard stuff, mostly because I run out of mana. I find myself in a situation where i've gotten hit hard a couple times, my mana drains to 0, I can't do nothing other than flame dash away but since my mana regeneration is not there, i end up dying. Not sure how to solve that.
EDIT, got 4.3K HP, 2.4k ES, 2.6K unreserved mana

Another thing i wanted to adress is, what about Energy Leech? We have a good amount of energy leech to always been up leeching it, so it sounds like a really good damage multiplier, aswell as a good defensive layer.
Edit: Just tested in my current setup, assuming im always leeching ES, my DPS is literally the same as if I replace Inmolate support for Energy Leech support

Keep up the good work and hopefully I can figure out how to solve my problem.
Thanks!
Last edited by Arxxer on Apr 9, 2019, 11:42:24 PM
Hi, first your gear is really strong, you got that base crit on chest, nice multi on amulet, and that 50% on belt should be illegal. And Watcher's Eye double Clarity on top of that with 9k effective HP.
You'll need very few things to go further :
-Corrupted helmet (+2 fire or duration, or 0.5% fire leech)
-20% that Faster Casting, and try to get 21/20 spells
-Boot enchant.
-Spider is a nice bonus if you want to get greedy on DPS.
-Maybe 6L that chest for giggles (and duration on Arcane Surge).

"
I have a concern. I die sometimes vs hard stuff, mostly because I run out of mana. I find myself in a situation where i've gotten hit hard a couple times, my mana drains to 0, I can't do nothing other than flame dash away but since my mana regeneration is not there, i end up dying. Not sure how to solve that.
EDIT, got 4.3K HP, 2.4k ES, 2.6K unreserved mana

That happens sometimes with MoM builds, the famous big hit followed by degen (either ignite, or sometimes burning/desecrated ground). It means that with your current MoM perentage, you don't have enough mana to mitigate hits fully. Theoretically, with 40% MoM, you need 66.6% of your life as unreserved mana, plus some to be able to cast properly.
An easy fix for most situations is the leech enchant on boots. Either that or get 400+ more mana.
I also use Abberath pantheon to mitigate fire degen, it leaves only desecrated ground to watch for. It may not seem that way, fighting on degen ground is hard on your mana, and beyond mobs love it.

"
Another thing i wanted to adress is, what about Energy Leech? We have a good amount of energy leech to always been up leeching it, so it sounds like a really good damage multiplier, aswell as a good defensive layer.
Edit: Just tested in my current setup, assuming im always leeching ES, my DPS is literally the same as if I replace Inmolate support for Energy Leech support

It is indeed a good damage multiplier, and really strong on many builds, but imho Immolate is stronger on this one.
On one hand, you need to leech, which wont always be the case against bossses, since you don't want to get hit, and hits are mitigated by Ghost Shrouds which recovers your shield instantly.
On the other hand, with that setup, ignite is almost guaranteed. Still talking about bosses of course, trash mobs are irrelevant at this DPS.

You're doing really great, keep it up, and good luck ! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info