so..3.0,"new" area (lol),6 new acts(hahaha!) and nothing new on the atlas ?????

"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
deeper in the grotesque...."balanced and developed by elite,they said".......

sarcasm is the only way to get through that horrible joke named 3.0 and harbinger league .....

Toaster Banana BATMAN, Oligarch waterdamage!

Oh sorry, i thought we were throwing random words out there.
The problem with Path for me continues and always has been end game and long term sustainability. The end game has and is super super repetitive, and there is no direct competition to drive you. For example - there is no timed/trial runs, there is no guild vs guild events or competitive things to do. There is no PvP* (in reality).

There is only one thing to do in Path of Exile. Create or follow a build, RNG RNG RNG RNG, map map map, boss map map map boss.

There is so many things they could do, like creating random dynamic events in maps, creating some sort of timed/trial run maps, some kind of leaderboards people actually care about, some kind of gambling/currency for completing maps and content that helps progress (Like blood shards from D3).

In reality Path of Exile in all its glory and all its diversity and complexity of thought is a game the average player plays for 5-6 weeks in a league and then stops and waits for the next league, the burn out rate is so high because end game is not fun and there is no direct ways to compete/go against other guilds/players. The only other challenge available is HC which is too difficult on this game for the average person.

Some kind of paragon system like D3, where you are gaining some type of 'status' or 'swag' for all the time you sync into the game, maybe titles or some type of name plates based on time played or monsters slain.. something.

I like that Path is a more 'hardcore' game, and I like Path as a whole, but there is a reason why I can not continuously play the game, it just leaves a lot to be desired at the end of the road.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Aug 15, 2017, 4:43:48 PM
Look! There's a whole thread about you!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956688
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 15, 2017, 4:54:51 PM
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"
Ok so while i dont find the league all that awesome, i dont hate it like some. Yes we should expect every league gimmick to knock it out the park but reality is, some are just meh, i get it, im over that.

With the "new acts" which are mostly recycled older maps with some new mobs and maybe a few new stitched together tile sets...for me its not about "we have 10 acts" its more "you don't have to repeat the same content three times over to progress"

They absolutely should start replacing maps that utilize older and hated act 3 tilesets, i dont mind some recycling (sewers are sewers and make sense to see more than once i get that, same with forests) however now that the content is more linear regarding difficulty (lacking the act 3 difficulty spike 3x over) its just a matter of making new fresh tilesets and adding them in, which shouldnt be all that hard.

I like the path they are on, this was the right step forward for POE, its just not on the scale and scope of a larger company so i feel this patch isnt complete and leaves a lot desired...which im ok with.

Im sure with more storyline there will be opportunity to replace the recycled (please die warehouse map i hate you) with stuff that is new content related.

I will say what they NEED to do is offer maybe a few leagues with polls on what sounds more interesting to the community, then add a twist for surprises, the suggestions that do poorly they can rework. GGG seems to rarely get right the league gimmick and it is a weak point along with trading and maps...all of which need to be covered in the next major content.

This patch brought me back, frankly i was sick to death of the 3x recycled content, while its still recycled i only have to deal with it once and its not the same exact shit times 3. I thought i was done with POE from the burnout the older d2 content style for good.

The patch is obviously doing well if steam numbers can indicate trends....so they are on the right path, theyll need a solid 3.5 update to seal the deal.

i am ok with the new way to run through the story line while leveling,it is a great idea...but it is only max 2 days of playin'....!!! after that,mapping is the same like we do since more than 1 year.. and i don't speak about the "harbinger league without harbinger".... that's the only purpose of my thread.
i am a 50/50 league/standard player, and,for now all wat makes me play league is to not be confronted to the total disaster of the nerf frenzy they brought with 3.0 and that shit bug with the bandit reward ...(by the way,there are many threads about it on the forums and we get absolutely no answer from devs about it,nice...)
that's my pov,some will agree , some won't....no matter,i had to say it.

Max 2 days playing? Jesus been a very long time since i had that kind of free time....but yeah i dont really do the race style efficient levelling. Maybe you should play worse builds and rip more?
just for try, for see and for know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info